• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I mean I guess for ORAS you could argue that they are remakes so they thought it could convince a few people that were on the fence, but this time it's a brand new gen and overall the trailer got super great reactions. IT really doesn't need a demo, at least not prerelease.

I totally agree that Pokemon doesn't need a demo, but that didn't stop the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire demo from happening. If anything, I would think a new generation, with new graphics and mechanics would be the game more in need of a demo.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Idk, but the new games seem a bit dull, especially X/Y. Do you think Moon and Sun will be any different?

XY is dull and had a lot of missed opportunities, especially now that we know Z isn't coming out. But ORAS is an overall better game than XY.

As for SM, we can't really judge a game that's not even out.
But since this is a new generation, it's a brand new experience. It needs to be.

Graphically, it's already different. I can already feel that the game is bigger than Kalos.
Can't really give an opinion on other aspects since we barely know much about the new and updated mechanics.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think XY was the best of gen 6. Great story and post game for the first pair of games in a gen. Sun and Moon seems alright for now.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
XY is dull and had a lot of missed opportunities, especially now that we know Z isn't coming out. But ORAS is an overall better game than XY.

As for SM, we can't really judge a game that's not even out.
But since this is a new generation, it's a brand new experience. It needs to be.

Graphically, it's already different. I can already feel that the game is bigger than Kalos.
Can't really give an opinion on other aspects since we barely know much about the new and updated mechanics.

I agree. Although Kalos itself was beautiful, I thought the plot was a bit lackluster and seemed to come to a halt really quickly. Some part of it didn't feel complete.

I haven't played Platinum, but I've heard rave reviews about the plot of that game compared to other games in the series and implementing a similar level of involvement would be awesome.

there already people playing the beta version of the game. and the game is already completed they making the card slots data now. as the guidebook has already been published and has 300 pages

yeah leaks will happened always. 1st leak for june is on june 2nd ( 3rd nz time ) which is apparently a video that be on main site.

And your point is? Showing off a game at a major gaming show or conference isn't dependent on whether or not the game is complete at all (see Zelda). As for the guidebook having already been published, I'd beg to differ. The majority will be written but it will not yet have been printed or in any form published, and probably won't be until September/October. As for your out of left field proposals that they're already letting people play betas and that the game is already complete, yeah: completely out of left field. There's no source or truth behind that, so let's not go around misinforming people.

As for leaks happening, you didn't clear up, but I'm assuming you mean that the official information we're receiving will be a leak, which it will not. That's official information.

Whilst the game is probably nearing its final builds, saying it's finished is totally unjustified. If it was finished, or pretty close to being finished, it wouldn't be launched four months from now.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Whilst the game is probably nearing its final builds, saying it's finished is totally unjustified. If it was finished, or pretty close to being finished, it wouldn't be launched four months from now.

Uh...yea it would because no big games ever get released in the summer and november is always the prime month for AAA games. They have been in debugging mode and in the finishing touches for a few months now and will be completely done pretty much withing a month or two.

Uh...yea it would because no big games ever get released in the summer and november is always the prime month for AAA games. They have been in debugging mode and in the finishing touches for a few months now and will be completely done pretty much withing a month or two.

Seeing how Game Freak is such a big company, I'm pretty sure they can launch whenever they want.

And they've released outside of November, too, for example, X/Y in October and Diamond/Pearl in September.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Seeing how Game Freak is such a big company, I'm pretty sure they can launch whenever they want.

And they've released outside of November, too, for example, X/Y in October and Diamond/Pearl in September.

Nintendo and TPC also both have a say and what happens with the games for one, and yea those came out then but it's a different time now. Even then, late September/Early October is close enough to "holiday" and not like releasing a game in July or August. Games have to go gold anyway usually over a month or close to two months before the rela

Nintendo and TPC also both have a say and what happens with the games for one, and yea those came out then but it's a different time now. Even then, late September/Early October is close enough to "holiday" and not like releasing a game in July or August. Games have to go gold anyway usually over a month or close to two months before the rela

I'm not saying that they'd release them in Summer, I'm just saying if the games were complete now, they wouldn't be November releases, they'd be September or October.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm not saying that they'd release them in Summer, I'm just saying if the games were complete now, they wouldn't be November releases, they'd be September or October.

How do you know that? There is no proof or something to indicate they aren't almost done right now.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Given with what happened with the ORAS demo getting datamined and thus any surprises getting ruined, Gamefreak may likely reserve the Sun/Moon demo for the Tokyo Game Show where it cannot be datamined. If they do release a demo for the E-Shop they will have to be careful that no data for trainers/Pokemon are on it so people who datamine the demo will not find anything.

Also a November release gives them time to correct any game-breaking bugs (we do not want a repeat of the infamous Luminose City bug in XY).

Last edited:

sheld999

And your point is? Showing off a game at a major gaming show or conference isn't dependent on whether or not the game is complete at all (see Zelda). As for the guidebook having already been published, I'd beg to differ. The majority will be written but it will not yet have been printed or in any form published, and probably won't be until September/October. As for your out of left field proposals that they're already letting people play betas and that the game is already complete, yeah: completely out of left field. There's no source or truth behind that, so let's not go around misinforming people.

As for leaks happening, you didn't clear up, but I'm assuming you mean that the official information we're receiving will be a leak, which it will not. That's official information.

thing is when they announced a game its already 50-100% completed. Like back when xy was announced there was a interview where masdua said at the end of completion for black 2 white two is when they started designing rtc xy. for the guidebook its not 300pages its 352 pages. thing is since the sun and moon is kinda completed already they can leak whatever they want to as all the data is done. they can show a new pokemon tomorrow or show the final starters next week. the pokemon company likes to surprise us that way so we dont see it coming

Bus

thing is when they announced a game its already 50-100% completed. Like back when xy was announced there was a interview where masdua said at the end of completion for black 2 white two is when they started designing rtc xy. for the guidebook its not 300pages its 352 pages. thing is since the sun and moon is kinda completed already they can leak whatever they want to as all the data is done. they can show a new pokemon tomorrow or show the final starters next week. the pokemon company likes to surprise us that way so we dont see it coming

Tell that to the people behind Final Fantasy Versus XIII (now XV), Kingdom Hearts III, The Last Guardian, among a crap ton of others.

A lot of times, they give us base information on a game and it can be anywhere from 10% done- to like 40%; I doubt we learn about games when they're already 50% done. Not just pokemon, but pretty much all games don't go gold until about a month before release; sometimes 2 if they're ahead of schedule, but in this day and age, NOBODY is ahead of schedule lol. I'm sure they're still working on main features like gameplay, story, and level/dungeon/pokemon designs. Bug testing and tweaking of features probably won't start for another couple of months and the final build will probably be ready for a marketing blitz in October. At least that's how it typically breaks down.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Tell that to the people behind Final Fantasy Versus XIII (now XV), Kingdom Hearts III, The Last Guardian, among a crap ton of others.

Well, Pokémon did something like that twice, once in the pre-release period of Gen II, and another in pre-release of DP era.

Both sold extremely well, ironically enough. I doubt they expect fandom to tolerate such a thing in the current gen, even if they would because most of the fandom will buy the games regardless of what happens.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Let's talk of something different for a moment...

Masuda will be attending the Japan Expo on July 7th.
If one may recall, Honedge was revealed at the Japan Expo back in 2013.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Oh man. Tomorrow's news, Corocoro this month, Special Pokenchi on July 3rd, and now Japan Expo on July 7th.

This should be delightful. ;)

Bus

Oh man. Tomorrow's news, Corocoro this month, Special Pokenchi on July 3rd, and now Japan Expo on July 7th.

This should be delightful. ;)

I hate to be negative, but don't get your hopes up super high. Corocoro this month will probably have similar, if not exact, news of tomorrow's reveal. And the Expo on July 7th will probably regurgitate anything learned on July 3rd. Let's not forget the wonderful-ness that was the 'sun & moon' info two months ago that was literally just telling us it existed and is a new generation game which we had already known at that point (aside from the small holdout of those praying for Gen 6.5).

I don't doubt there will be more new info in the coming months, but I doubt we'll be getting double-doses of new information. My guess would be that Corocoro has exactly what is revealed tomorrow (with maybe one or two new alternate angles of a picture we'll already have) and the July 7th Expo will just be stating what the July 3rd Pokenchi revealed to a larger audience.

knightwolf09

I hate to be negative, but don't get your hopes up super high. Corocoro this month will probably have similar, if not exact, news of tomorrow's reveal. And the Expo on July 7th will probably regurgitate anything learned on July 3rd. Let's not forget the wonderful-ness that was the 'sun & moon' info two months ago that was literally just telling us it existed and is a new generation game which we had already known at that point (aside from the small holdout of those praying for Gen 6.5).

I don't doubt there will be more new info in the coming months, but I doubt we'll be getting double-doses of new information. My guess would be that Corocoro has exactly what is revealed tomorrow (with maybe one or two new alternate angles of a picture we'll already have) and the July 7th Expo will just be stating what the July 3rd Pokenchi revealed to a larger audience.

I think Corocoro said that this months issue will have exclusive sun and moon info to itself. Meaning it's probably something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.