• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetius

It was all perfect!
Rotom Dèx is definitely the best idea ever!
I wonder what it will mean to have it in our Pokèdex....

Last edited:

Kronus09

The artwork for the trainers shows a bracelet of some kind with that gem in the japs logo embedded in it.

Wait, did the rival say it gave him 'chicken skin'?
Chicken skin can in some cases just mean goosebumps, and is probably a reference to how intense the battle with the rival was or something like that.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
My goodness, Lillie is so cute!
I wonder how they will portray her personality.
She seems to be the serious type compared to Kukui who seems to be more carefree.
Can't wait to know more about her!
As for the other ones, well, not much to say considering that we already knew about them.

"Lillie is a mysterious girl who assists the professor. This young girl is about the same age as your character, and she's working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books. Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon."

She's more the nerdy, non-conflict type it seems..

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The Rotom Pokédex is a brilliant and adorable idea. I love it! Why haven't we thought of that before ? Kukui is truly amazing for coming up with that idea.

Kalosian

So long
Some thoughts about this new trailer:

- Solgaleo and Lunala (thankfully it was at least not "Lunaala"). Not that unexpected since their names got "leaked" or whatever forever ago, great to have their official names at least. Now I can stop calling them Sunlion and Moonbat.
- I wonder what their abilities do in detail. Full Metal Body seems to be similar to Clear Body/White Smoke at least.
- Their signature moves look cool as well.
- Their typings feel rather unique for legendaries, I had hoped at least one of them would be Fairy-type but this is okay too. Interestingly, they are both Psychic-types.
- The region map looks rather good, 4 large islands and one small as well as a boat-like thingy in the middle, feels like the region will be large enough.
- The player characters have pretty good designs, they look rather young to me but that isn't really a bad thing. Good to see more confirmation of the fact that we are able to choose skin color like in X/Y.
- The new professor wasn't the one I thought it would be from the last trailer, but he looks cool anyway.
- The region is chock-full of rare Pokemon. Sounds pretty good to me. Hoping there's many new ones and that they will focus on showcasing the new Pokemon as well.
- "Mysterious Assistant"? I'm intrigued.
- Hau? Is this the new rival, or another supporting character? Looking forward to finding out more about this dude.
- The Rotom-Pokedex is genius. Why haven't they done this before? Feels like it will take the Pokedex to the next level.

Looking forward to the games in less than half a year from now!

Pelippal

Too bad according to the official site Pokedex Rotom is going to just act like Navi and try to tell you where to go and even highlight your destination, meaning I would want to turn it off... I am excited about multiple islands though.

Major question here: Kukui said the region is "full of nothin' but rare pokemon." What does that mean? Does he just mean really uncommon pokemon or does he mean only new pokemon we have never seen in the vein of Black and White? Either way, I think we can expect a lot of new pokemon to be introduced.

Also Lillie. The official site says she will play an important role in the story of Sun and Moon and calls her mysterious. I find that interesting considering she is the player's age, so she can't really be an evil team member, can she? Does she go over to the dark side, or does she take a more active role in defeating the evil team's plot alongside the player? Is the story really about her/her past? I have so many questions about her...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I thought Solgaleo had a rather metallic/armored look to it, but I'm surprised its not even part Fire type. Will help distinguish it more from Entei though.

Blesstoise

Squirtle Squad
The trailer says 'A whole new way for people and Pokémon to communicate, woo!' about the Rotom-Dex

Do you guys remember that article where Masuda says that he was working on some kind of device to communicate with your pokémon?

My guess is that Rotom will translate things that your Pokémon say.

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
I thought Solgaleo had a rather metallic/armored look to it, but I'm surprised its not even part Fire type. Will help distinguish it more from Entei though.

Yes but it will likely see some familiarity with fire moves, kind of similar to groudon. Its signature move looks kinda fiery

Bus

The trailer says 'A whole new way for people and Pokémon to communicate, woo!' about the Rotom-Dex

Do you guys remember that article where Masuda says that he was working on some kind of device to communicate with your pokémon?

My guess is that Rotom will translate things that your Pokémon say.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I bet it will act as a translator in a few important story-related things. I first started wondering whether we'd see a poke-translator when I realized it was the last thing scientists were working on in the Devon research building that hadn't been completed yet.

Yes but it will likely see some familiarity with fire moves, kind of similar to groudon. Its signature move looks kinda fiery

I was thinking it looked fiery too, but if you look, it was used against a Salamance and should have been 'Not very Effective', but wasn't. Like Lunala's Moongheist Beam (really BA name, btw!) I'm sure it shares a typing with him, so it was probably Steel typed.

After checking the site to read these abilities, I don't think they're bad, but I am a little disappointed neither of them are new. Nobody really seems to be mentioning this, but Shadow Shield is just Multiscale. Not that its a bad thing, Multiscale is still pretty good and I cant think of anyone other than Dragonite who has it and it has to be his HA, so at least its super rare. Fullmetal Body (somebody's naming that thing Ed or Al) while still a decent ability is more common since its the same as Clear Body, White Smoke, and I could have sworn one other.

Last edited:

Pelippal

That's exactly what I was thinking! I bet it will act as a translator in a few important story-related things. I first started wondering whether we'd see a poke-translator when I realized it was the last thing scientists were working on in the Devon research building that hadn't been completed yet.

A translator would be cool, but the only statements about the Rotom Pokedex's function is "The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others!"

Maybe if that last part also includes conversations with pokemon, it would be cool, but right now I think we can expect Rotom to shout "Hey, listen!" from time to time, and if that's all it can do, I don't want it.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
A translator would be cool, but the only statements about the Rotom Pokedex's function is "The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others!"

Maybe if that last part also includes conversations with pokemon, it would be cool, but right now I think we can expect Rotom to shout "Hey, listen!" from time to time, and if that's all it can do, I don't want it.

Sounds like they've added a guide to make the games even easier. ;)

But hopefully what it means is that the region is so big that they feel we may need a guide..

I actually can't get over the Rotom in the FREAKIN POKEDEX 0w0

I hope we can battle with it X'D

Seeing as Alola seems to be a bit wilder and more natural, it makes sense we're getting one of those RPG 'this is where you go next' things.

Leosnake

Some people on the chat of a stream I was watching have pointed out that because of the typeings that Solgaleo is weak to fire despite being the Sun legendary and Lunala is weak to dark despite being the Moon legendary. Personally since I know the dark type is the evil type in Japan Lunala's weakness doesn't seem that odd to me but Solgaleo's is somewhat amusing.

Also the gems from the Japanese logos are on the male trainers wrist and if you have seen the most recent movie could be an indication that we might be able to have more than one mega at a time. At the very least I expect it to be closer to Ash-Greninja rather than what happens in a certain Manga.

As for the Pokedex Rotom I wounder if it will be tied to the plot or optional thereby allowing you to have it turn into it's pervious forms.

Bus

I'm sure everyone is full aware of how annoying Navi was and I dont think they'd intentionally turn the pokedex into Navi lol. It'll probably just interject from time to time if it looks like you're taking a super long time to reach the next spot in the story. Kind of like how Batman will mutter to himself something along the lines of "I've got to get to Ace Chemicals to invesitigate the break in" or something in the Batman: Arkham games in order to give the player a reminder of where they should be going. That reminder is maybe once every twenty minutes or so, though; more open-world games are pretty lax with their reminders nowadays.

I hope people have noticed that there's not a single grid-based environment shown. It looks to me like they're changing their map design from grid-based to freeform.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I hope people have noticed that there's not a single grid-based environment shown. It looks to me like they're changing their map design from grid-based to freeform.

Seems like they used ORAS for the transition. Im glad we're finally full 3d now.

Kronus09

In the japanese website there is a short clip showing the trainer walking outside the center and a glimpse to the pokedex.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
"MeleMele Pokédex."

The f*** is this sh**.

Status
Not open for further replies.