• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leosnake

I hope people have noticed that there's not a single grid-based environment shown. It looks to me like they're changing their map design from grid-based to freeform.

I did but I would like to see a bit more game play before saying that is definitely the case.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
i'm calling it, lillie is the champion. important character? let's see, who did they introduce as important characters? cinthya? adler? diantha? hmm, i wonder what these have in common...

Class Zero

We have arrived.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
the legendary typing are not unique at all. Psychic is not out of nowhere, but it's super overused and we could have 3 or 4 more gens without psychic main legendaries. Steel is a strange type for solgaleo though. maybe there's a pure white metal somewhere.

As for the legendary models, lunala is still great but i changed my mind about solgaleo. that model is really good. the paint over the HP bars and abilities is fitting and i like the new battle screen.

4 islands is a good amount for the region if they are big enough, which they seem to be. TALL GRASS CONFIRMED! we also have a port in the middle. Also to the right of the 1st island they shown there's a patch of land covered by clouds.

I see a desert island and a snowy peak. Add the volcano and the caves and we have the same variety of environments as hoenn with the add up of ice types not being relegated to a cave. I sure hope rock climb doesn't return.

kukui seems to be the professor so the old guy that gives you the starter could be a mentor to kukui.

LOL i was joking when i said they would reveal the champion saying it's an important character. Looks like lillie is gonna be our champion. Maybe she's gonna be like blue, journeying alongside you and ending up defeating the pokemon league before you.

Hau is...there. Our shaunna ladies and gentleman.

and finally, QR code stuff is great and rotom pokedex is weird but cool too. The QR codes in particular can make us not get spoiled if serebii makes them available and helps not spoiling as much.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
i'm calling it, lillie is the champion. important character? let's see, who did they introduce as important characters? cinthya? adler? diantha? hmm, i wonder what these have in common...

Ugh I really hope not, way too obvious and we already had the last two champions be "elegant girls".

Pelippal

I'm sure everyone is full aware of how annoying Navi was and I dont think they'd intentionally turn the pokedex into Navi lol. It'll probably just interject from time to time if it looks like you're taking a super long time to reach the next spot in the story. Kind of like how Batman will mutter to himself something along the lines of "I've got to get to Ace Chemicals to invesitigate the break in" or something in the Batman: Arkham games in order to give the player a reminder of where they should be going. That reminder is maybe once every twenty minutes or so, though; more open-world games are pretty lax with their reminders nowadays.

Yeah, I'm sure it won't be too much of a bother. I trust that Game Freak are making a smart decision with it. In fact, it might not randomly interject at all and only give advice if you open the dex and ask for it, so I really have no reason to complain or worry right now.

On a lighter note, the region looks great. I am very interested in the area that looks boxed in to the north of the southeastern island

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
We were right about the gems in the Japanese logo, at least. They'll serve some function, most likely taking on Mega Evolution, as well as possibly Synchro Evolution too. Look at their wrists!

uWjiHEn.jpg

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
rotomdex is your bottom screen? i sure hope the dexnav returns because it was so useful.

shadowF

I don't think so as the website specifically says "She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles," and I really doubt that someone would want to be the champion if they don't like having Pokemon fighting.

Aren't those the feet of a sunbathing person?

Silly Endless, it's obviously a Pokemon based on the feet of a sunbathing person.

Also, since the screenshot of the Pokedex says that the Pokedex is 1% complete when it has seen 3 Pokemon, does that mean that we're getting a 300-mon Dex? I wouldn't mind that, tbh.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I don't think so as the website specifically says "She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles," and I really doubt that someone would want to be the champion if they don't like having Pokemon fighting.

maybe she'll have a silver arc but learning to like pokemon battles instead? Or she could end up dead as a result of the evil team's actions and revived by the legendary's power.

I love the dynamic camera angles, i just hope they are not as terrible as XY's azure bay.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Silly Endless, it's obviously a Pokemon based on the feet of a sunbathing person.

Also, since the screenshot of the Pokedex says that the Pokedex is 1% complete when it has seen 3 Pokemon, does that mean that we're getting a 300-mon Dex? I wouldn't mind that, tbh.

Well we can't really see the rest of the dex can we. There might be just a few more seen when scrolled down, but I do hope we get that much pokemon haha

I mean, each section of the Kalos Dex had like 150 Pokémon, so 300 Pokémon in a Dex wouldn't be surprising haha!

It looks pretty clearly like 1 caught, 3 seen.

rotomdex01.png

Since the big red button, which probably means the full dex, is the one selected and it's saying 1%, I'm thinking that's pretty solid evidence that we're getting around 300 Pokemon, which would be pretty cool. Unless it's only accounting for captures, but it's being rounded up?

Also that would mean 75 Pokemon per island, which to be honest, seeing as the region is being divided into four rather than Kalos' three, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.