• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we'll get more character customisation choices, even if it's just in skin, hair and eye colours.

I've been rereading and rereading a really awesome Tumblr meta post on the idea of S&M-land being based off Hawaii and I actually quite like that idea. I specifically like how the sun and moon are known for their amazing shines and colors and Hawaii being known as, "the rainbow state" would suit that in a sense.

The Serebii community has already figured literally everything out that this post has. You definitely need to check out the Region Speculation Thread!

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
It'll irk me if the water routes are plagued with them in these games. Hopefully the encounter rate will be decreased while we Surf. ^^

Wasn't that already the case in ORAS?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, what should we expect in this months "Coro-Coro", along with the obvious info we already have.

Would we get new in-game shots?
Or would we get a new Gen 7 Pokemon? (not considering coverage of "Magearna")

Considering that Movie 19th may have a few more Gen 7 Pokemons as well, and the possibility of Sun/Moon being released in Oct-Nov, i think they would have to start out on revealing new Pokemons soon (either March or April).

So, what should we expect in this months "Coro-Coro", along with the obvious info we already have.

Considering that Movie 19th may have a few more Gen 7 Pokemons as well, and the possibility of Sun/Moon being released in Oct-Nov, i think they would have to start out on revealing new Pokemons soon (either March or April).

"Holiday" screams late November or any time in December to me, but certainly not October.
As for what we get this month in CoroCoro, don't expect too much. At most I think we'll get the legendary box art Pokémon and the starters, but I don't think it's very likely yet, especially considering that it's leaking a week or two after the Direct. Why leave it to the poor image quality of a leak to show off some more new Pokémon?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

A bit too early to be discussing this month's CoroCoro but at least one or two of the following would be enough.
We have nine/ten months ahead of us:
- Box legends
- Starters
- any info about the region's basis

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Just announced there will be a new full direct tomorrow only about wii u and 3ds stuff, so there might be a good chance at something for sun and moon, so everyone should watch.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Just announced there will be a new full direct tomorrow only about wii u and 3ds stuff, so there might be a good chance at something for sun and moon, so everyone should watch.

It seems too soon for any substantial info, though here's hoping.
Thanks for the heads up!

I doubt it. The Direct is mentioned to focus on games releasing in summer.

Grey Wind

Yea but they always have those vague timeframes for the directs, but end up showing at least a few new things that are after that.

Not really. If they say it's for a specific time frame they usually stick to it. I can't imagine why there'd be new info in this direct anyway, why not just show it last week?

Re: CoroCoro, we have a fairly lengthy pre-release ahead of us, so I don't expect anything beyond more info about Magearna and maybe a silhouette or something. We didn't start getting proper details about XY or BW until around April.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'll just wait for it to be over and see if anything happened. I doubt Moon/Sun will have anything shown and there aren't any other games I care for to sit through it.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not really. If they say it's for a specific time frame they usually stick to it. I can't imagine why there'd be new info in this direct anyway, why not just show it last week?

Re: CoroCoro, we have a fairly lengthy pre-release ahead of us, so I don't expect anything beyond more info about Magearna and maybe a silhouette or something. We didn't start getting proper details about XY or BW until around April.

Well I mean they were smash trailers direct after direct even when it was still far off.

Grey Wind

Well I mean they were smash trailers direct after direct even when it was still far off.

Yeah... but not in directs where they specified a time frame. They wouldn't say "this will deal with spring/summer games" and then show games that aren't out until the end of the year.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yeah... but not in directs where they specified a time frame. They wouldn't say "this will deal with spring/summer games" and then show games that aren't out until the end of the year.

Yea but something like a quick pokemon tease at the end is more like an exception. It says focusing on, but it isn't limited to. I'm not expecting anything, but just don't think it's impossible for something there.

when are we getting news? this is torture

We've waited a lot longer than 5 days. It will come in due time.

In the mean time, soak up the hype and the atmosphere. The topics aren't too dry yet. As soon as we see something, the life is sucked out of it three days after its revealed.

Aielyn

As for what we get this month in CoroCoro, don't expect too much. At most I think we'll get the legendary box art Pokémon and the starters, but I don't think it's very likely yet, especially considering that it's leaking a week or two after the Direct. Why leave it to the poor image quality of a leak to show off some more new Pokémon?

I think it's plausible that we'll get a couple of things in CoroCoro, revealed in the same way Magearna was revealed - just directly via the internet, and via CoroCoro. Indeed, I think the Magearna reveal was intended to be the start of the Pokemon Sun and Moon media campaign.

My prediction is that it'll reveal the bird pokemon we caught a glimpse of, as well as silhouettes of the starters. And that within a day of the official release of the CoroCoro issue, it'll be announced on pokemon.com.

john90

Actually, back in 2013, around March we already had Xerneas, Yveltal, Froakie, Fennekin, Chespin, Sylveon, and some game footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.