• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Did you mean to say Alola instead of Kalos?

But anyways, I think the "simple designs" argument is kind of pointless as well, especially since nearly all the Pokemon revealed so far are early route or baby forms, and those don't typically have super detailed designs.

Pretty certain all you have to do is scan.

How do you scan though? Is it by the camera of the 3DS?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

knightwolf09

I doubt they'd limit a form change as big and marketable as Megas to post-game.

Hey, at least we get megas, but they want to introduce something new, let it have a chance to shine.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Hey, at least we get megas, but they want to introduce something new, let it have a chance to shine.
But it'd be silly to market Megas as hard as they did last gen and then just shove it aside until the end of the game to have another form shine. Just have Megas during the main game, but not as prominent storywise.

goodpeople25

Typo? (think there supposed to be an IF somewhere) Or are you trying to say we have confirmation that there is something new they want to focus on? And you still seem to be getting a bit ahead of yourself regardless. (your previous post had no mention of something new they would want to focus on)

knightwolf09

Typo? (think there supposed to be an IF somewhere) Or are you trying to say we have confirmation that there is something new they want to focus on? And you still seem to be getting a bit ahead of yourself regardless. (your previous post had no mention of something new they would want to focus on)

While not a complete confirmation, Masuda is saving what's up with the bracelets for later, he tried to keep hush about them. sounds they're going to introduce another battle mechanic.

But it'd be silly to market Megas as hard as they did last gen and then just shove it aside until the end of the game to have another form shine. Just have Megas during the main game, but not as prominent storywise.

I'm pretty sure that if you get it main game, that's pretty prominent. If they want to go "Hey have heard of mega evolution? You can do it now. Here's a mega stone, go nuts." I'd rather they do that in post game.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
While not a complete confirmation, Masuda is saving what's up with the bracelets for later, he tried to keep hush about them. sounds they're going to introduce another battle mechanic.

I'm pretty sure that if you get it main game, that's pretty prominent. If they want to go "Hey have heard of mega evolution? You can do it now. Here's a mega stone, go nuts." I'd rather they do that in post game.
It would be way too late, though. If we do end up getting Synchros, Megas wouldn't be able to use until the end, which make them virtually useless.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
On the subject of Mega Evolution, I do think that it's still a feature present in the game, but no longer as special as before.

Although it makes me wonder when SM's events take place. Before ORAS? During ORAS? In between ORAS and XY? During XY? or After XY?
If events happen before ORAS, then Megas aren't really a thing at that time... they can scrap it, I guess?

On a different note, do anyone else wonder why they still haven't officially revealed Nekkoala and Iwanko?

knightwolf09

It would be way too late, though. If we do end up getting Synchros, Megas wouldn't be able to use until the end, which make them virtually useless.

Not really if there are new megas to use in competitive or online. It's called variety. New ways to play, but it's still your choice on what you want to play with, megas or synchros. It's just that now we're being introduced to something new, and using the whole game to get used to it, is the best way to warm up to it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Not really if there are new megas to use in competitive or online. It's called variety. New ways to play, but it's still your choice on what you want to play with, megas or synchros. It's just that now we're being introduced to something new, and using the whole game to get used to it, is the best way to warm up to it.

I think they should stick with mega evolution in my opinion. We already have primal reversion as an alternate version of mega evolution. Don't really need a third one.

knightwolf09

I think they should stick with mega evolution in my opinion. We already have primal reversion as an alternate version of mega evolution. Don't really need a third one.

If they want to add a new way to play pokemon, by all means let them.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I wonder how quick we be able to get through each island? About thirty minutes maybe (give or take)? I take it that we are going from one island to another in the order they appear on the map?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Are you serious? 30 minutes?
Those thirty minutes aren't even enough right from the intro until the festival.

Plus you have to level up your Pokemon, battle trainers, explore areas for items, talk to NPCs, cutscenes, etc.
Also the islands vary in sizes and who knows how many forests/caves we have to pass through.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I agree that we shouldn't get a demo for Sun and Moon after what happen with ORAS. We should find out about certain stuff like post game when we are playing the games themselves.

That won't prevent anybody from simply hacking into the game's data and seeing what is what like they did in XY with AZ's Floette, Fairy Arceus, Volcanion, Hoopa, Diancie, and Mega Lati@s.

If they want to add a new way to play pokemon, by all means let them.

That's kind of like saying if I go to a pizza place, I should just let them make my pizza however they see fit.

We're consumers, we have a right to tell them what they're doing right/wrong and what we see unfit or unnecessary.

Last edited:

Psychic69

Synchros are coming, although I did kind of like the idea of calling them "Synchro Megas" to make it clear that they are the same basic thing.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Synchros are coming, although I did kind of like the idea of calling them "Synchro Megas" to make it clear that they are the same basic thing.

We aren't even sure if they would be the 'same basic thing'. All we know is that it changes the form to match the appearance of their trainer. For all we know, it could just be a simple form change with no type/ability/BST change. We've literally only seen it in the Anime, and well, that doesn't speak much about how it would work ingame.

Hauke_von_Arding

If events happen before ORAS, then Megas aren't really a thing at that time... they can scrap it, I guess?

Haha. Did people really still think they would scrap mega evolution? This will never happen. They are now an important part of the meta game. They can't remove mega evolution now. That would be like removing abilities or Dark type. Nevver gonna to happen. They won't scrap Megas. Even if they do a new Kanto remake there will be Megas in it. ORAS plays before XY and in XY they said Megas are now. But they were still in ORAS (and they were NOT that new in ORAS but already established).

They don't design all this megas and integrate them into the meta game just to scrap them after one generation.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Haha. Did people really still think they would scrap mega evolution? This will never happen. They are now an important part of the meta game. They can't remove mega evolution now. That would be like removing abilities or Dark type. Nevver gonna to happen. They won't scrap Megas. Even if they do a new Kanto remake there will be Megas in it. ORAS plays before XY and in XY they said Megas are now. But they were still in ORAS (and they were NOT that new in ORAS but already established).

They don't design all this megas and integrate them into the meta game just to scrap them after one generation.

I know what I'm talking about, and I know it's absurd. So yeah, haha.

Mega Evolution was already established as an old, but unknown, technique in Kalos, so they didn't have to contradict anything by having it in a game set about 10-16 (rough est.) years ago. Scientifically, things can be relatively 'new' for quite a long time, especially if they're not commonly observable, which plays in to it because we've seen Mega Evolution as a resource so far limited to:

Evil Team Leaders/Admins
Champions
Elite Fours
Mega Evolution Succesors (Korrina, probably Gurkinn before her)
Lore Keepers
Rivals (Two of which had connections with a Professor and one of which had a connection with the Mega Evolution Guru)

And actually, despite the fact I find the idea stupid, removing Mega Evolution is a real possibility, regardless of how low. It can make sense from a story standpoint, by having S&M take place in the 'Original Timeline', and removing the Mega Stones and Key Stone aren't exactly a difficult task from a game design standpoint.

EDIT: Also, I don't see why you mentioned the Meta Game. If GF cared that much about it Mega Rayquaza and Mega Khangaskhan wouldn't exist and/or be nerfed.

Hauke_von_Arding

Mega Evolution was already established as an old, but unknown, technique in Kalos, so they didn't have to contradict anything by having it in a game set about 10-16 (rough est.) years ago. Scientifically, things can be relatively 'new' for quite a long time, especially if they're not commonly observable, which plays in to it because we've seen Mega Evolution as a resource so far limited to:

Evil Team Leaders/Admins
Champions
Elite Fours
Mega Evolution Succesors (Korrina, probably Gurkinn before her)
Lore Keepers
Rivals (Two of which had connections with a Professor and one of which had a connection with the Mega Evolution Guru)

And actually, despite the fact I find the idea stupid, removing Mega Evolution is a real possibility, regardless of how low. It can make sense from a story standpoint, by having S&M take place in the 'Original Timeline', and removing the Mega Stones and Key Stone aren't exactly a difficult task from a game design standpoint.

EDIT: Also, I don't see why you mentioned the Meta Game. If GF cared that much about it Mega Rayquaza and Mega Khangaskhan wouldn't exist and/or be nerfed.

As I said... removing megas would be like removing abilities or Pokemon. They wouldn't make a game without megas now. And meta game isn't really the same as competetive gaming. Megas are part of the game now and would never be removed. GameFreak removing Megas as whole would be like GameFreak removing all abilities or GameFreak removing whole Pokemon from the game. There is no way they would removes megas now. It's not a 'real possibility' only if you calling removing abilities, removing physical and special split, removing some pokemon or removing Fairy type a 'real possibility' too.

Status
Not open for further replies.