• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they have a 100 BST boost like mega evolution and primal reversion. I rather see the synchro pokemon with that and unable to use items than one with a higher BST boost with a bad consequence such as fainting during battle.

That is literally the worst idea I've heard on this forum, why would they just rename Mega Evolutions. It's pointless, at least Primal had story and mechanical differences.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The starter types mean nothing outside of the very first battle in the game. Honestly, I'd prefer the professor battle you with a stronger Pokémon in general up front so we can stop getting so hung up on the type triangle.

knightwolf09

Nope. :p

Can you just explain the main points to us?

To keep it brief, the theory is that synchro pokemon are ones that gain a 5th special move along with a power boost. These move will be unique to the pokemon, and they'll function similarly to synergy bursts in Pokken, minus the time limit. Ash-Greninja has shown traits pointing towards this 5th move with the giant shuriken, the Water Fuma Shuriken some call it. With the fact it's more powerful than regular Water Shuriken, and Greninja can only bring it out when he transforms, and that shuriken seems to have a major focus on that form, and not other pokemon has that. It's likey that's it's his 5th move, but nobody has realized it's a 5th one yet. And that shuriken has shown it can get a lot more powerful than it is now. So Ash-Greninja isn't a mega, it's as strong as one, but is something else entirely.

goodpeople25

The starter types mean nothing outside of the very first battle in the game. Honestly, I'd prefer the professor battle you with a stronger Pokémon in general up front so we can stop getting so hung up on the type triangle.
Even then the first few games didn't have the stater types really do much in the first (and sometimes 2nd) rival fights anyway. Heck in RB they had Blue's Pidgey be a higher level probably because they didn't want charmander to have ember (bulbasaur had a status move and bubble is just 20 BP)

Class Zero

We have arrived.
To keep it brief, the theory is that synchro pokemon are ones that gain a 5th special move along with a power boost. These move will be unique to the pokemon, and they'll function similarly to synergy bursts in Pokken, minus the time limit. Ash-Greninja has shown traits pointing towards this 5th move with the giant shuriken, the Water Fuma Shuriken some call it. With the fact it's more powerful than regular Water Shuriken, and Greninja can only bring it out when he transforms, and that shuriken seems to have a major focus on that form, and not other pokemon has that. It's likey that's it's his 5th move, but nobody has realized it's a 5th one yet. And that shuriken has shown it can get a lot more powerful than it is now. So Ash-Greninja isn't a mega, it's as strong as one, but is something else entirely.

I still think that because in the potential image we have of a "super 5th move" the electric attack isn't mapped to Pikachu's cheeks that it won't be one unique move per Synergy/Synchro-capable Pokemon.

And honestly hopefully all Pokemon are capable of Synchro.

I really don't think Synchro will he super wide spread, after all appearance change -> aura marketability wise. I feel like the Aura thing is just going to be for a seperate super moves feature, or some new feature to keep non Megas/Synchros relevant.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I still think that because in the potential image we have of a "super 5th move" the electric attack isn't mapped to Pikachu's cheeks that it won't be one unique move per Synergy/Synchro-capable Pokemon.

Wouldn't that kind of be impossible?

knightwolf09

To be fair, Pikachu never used it's cheeks to attack. Generate electricty from them, yes, but not mainly for attacking. It mostly uses his whole body, hence Volt Tackle, or it's tail. So that kinda makes sense, and it actually is capable of firing beams from it's mouth, Raichu can do it.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
To be fair, Pikachu never used it's cheeks to attack. Generate electricty from them, yes, but not mainly for attacking. It mostly uses his whole body, hence Volt Tackle, or it's tail. So that kinda makes sense, and it actually is capable of firing beams from it's mouth, Raichu can do it.

Hmm.. that's true :D
Probably a bit too much wishful thinking on my part!

That's mostly because of anime shenanigans and game animation limitations (having to map a move to every single Pokémon) though. If Pikachu got a truly unique super move, it'd probably have its cheeks involved.

knightwolf09

That's mostly because of anime shenanigans and game animation limitations (having to map a move to every single Pokémon) though. If Pikachu got a truly unique super move, it'd probably have its cheeks involved.

I think it's the other way around. The anime emulates how the pokemon should pull off move, but the games are limiting like you said. So Pikachu can still fire off beams with it's mouth. How else can he use Charge Beam?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I think it's the other way around. The anime emulates how the pokemon should pull off move, but the games are limiting like you said. So Pikachu can still fire off beams with it's mouth. How else can he use Charge Beam?

With its body like it does with its other long-range attacks.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
What if we do only have one rival, but he has not just one starter but two? Perhaps he starts with the starter weaker than yours, but through a turn of events acquires the second one at some point. This would be especially interesting if they have dual types to take advantage of.

knightwolf09

What if we do only have one rival, but he has not just one starter but two? Perhaps he starts with the starter weaker than yours, but through a turn of events acquires the second one at some point. This would be especially interesting if they have dual types to take advantage of.

That would actually be pretty cool. A rival with two starters. At least then no one will get the Bulbasaur treatment.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Also, I was on the forum earlier and someone mentioned 7 trials which could replace gyms. I tried finding it again in the Gym Leader thread but I can't seem to, and I don't know which thread I saw it in. Does anyone know where this was posted? Some kind of trial or twist could be a nice alternative for gyms.

Akashin

I'm not sure I really understand the problem with Hau having the weaker Starter. Outside of the very beginning where it's his Starter against your's (except not, as we've seen), does it actually matter?

knightwolf09

Also, I was on the forum earlier and someone mentioned 7 trials which could replace gyms. I tried finding it again in the Gym Leader thread but I can't seem to, and I don't know which thread I saw it in. Does anyone know where this was posted? Some kind of trial or twist could be a nice alternative for gyms.

Hey guys somebody discovered something in the e3 Treehouse footage and he ran into this for which the answer (here) was: 7 trials

What does this mean? Did she just forget that detail in pokemon that there are 8 gyms? Or does this mean Alola has a different way to become champion? The region does seem to act differently compared to other regions. So maybe they have their own traditional way of becoming champion.

Yeah, that was me.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Yeah, that was me.

Thanks!

I hope we get trials instead of or in addition to gyms. It'd be a nice shake-up to the series while maintaining some consistency in the idea of overcoming obstacles before we move on to become 'the best'. I can see trials that involve creative use of HMs to solve puzzles, similar to a mini-Victory Road, and then battling at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.