• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
All those rumors and leaks are fake. They are associating themselves with leaked final evolutions that a fan on DeviantArt admitted to making.

Apparently that artist didn't draw them, but hosted them for a friend whom they're not going to reveal the identity of. Or so I hear.

And if this admitted artist is who I think they are, their "art" is just adding a backdrop to existing Pokemon designs

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well it is a big pokemon based television show in japan. Why not show something like that there?

That's not how they have been doing it at all, they are trying hard to push the globalization of it. They didnt even have a japanese trailer of sandalit.

knightwolf09

That's not how they have been doing it at all, they are trying hard to push the globalization of it. They didnt even have a japanese trailer of sandalit.

But it did show up on the japanese site meaning it was reveled in japan too. Neither Rockruff or Komala had their own trailers either but did show up on the site when the 7 pokemon were revealed.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
But it did show up on the japanese site meaning it was reveled in japan too. Neither Rockruff or Komala had their own trailers either but did show up on the site when the 7 pokemon were revealed.

Okay but Im talking just about big reveals happening at pokecnhi, that hasnt happened so far at all and doesnt fit to how they have been marketing so far. Revealing the biggest new mechanic just on pokenchi makes no sense.

Oni Dekopin

Okay but Im talking just about big reveals happening at pokecnhi, that hasnt happened so far at all and doesnt fit to how they have been marketing so far. Revealing the biggest new mechanic just on pokenchi makes no sense.

Again, the leaker said "some" of the infos, not the entire leak.

knightwolf09

Well nobody said it would just be on pokenchi. This wouldn't be the first time we had a unannounced trailer of pokemon or gameplay that was shown in one country then is later revealed all over with their own tailers, Zygarde forms, Salandit, intro scene.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well nobody said it would just be on pokenchi. This wouldn't be the first time we had a unannounced trailer of pokemon or gameplay that was shown in one country then is later revealed all over with their own tailers, Zygarde forms, Salandit, intro scene.

Okay but the huge new game changing mechanic is a huge step up from just zygarde gameplay or one random pokemon. This fits in with the starter reveal or showing off a ton of pokemon at once. There is absolutely no way they are going to announce this big thing they have been keeping a secret just off hand. They will build this up.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yep, you're right.

Sorry then.

Anyway, I still think that some of the infos from the leak are legit.

Well that's why Im saying we will probably know for sure if the leaks are real or fake withing a few days for sure. If one gym leader is shown, the leaks are dead. If none of these pokemon from the chinese leak are revealed soon, it's pretty much done there too.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
so these chinese leaks seem to be a mash of info from different sources. I would love to see the final evolutions of the starters being those in the picture but if so i don't want to see yet another fire/fighting starter. Yes, the wrestler tiger looks cool but i had enough with the fire/fighting starters. Heck, the only pure fire starter final evolution is still to this day typhlosion. I want more pure fire starters or if it must have a secondary type i would love dark. The archer owl looks the coolest and the syren is such an unnexpected turn for popplio's clown motif.

Rockruff's evolution being an werewolf can still be a thing, given the description on the official site. as for marshadow's unique typing, the only uniqueness i can see is either fairy/dark, fairy/dragon, fire/ice or fire/grass. with a name like marshadow, the only type fitting is dark/fairy.

the only thing that makes little sense is the non existence of gyms or a league. there's seemingly no referencial buildings that can be identified as gyms but i would be shocked if they ditched such a traditional format. It's the same as the starters and their base types, a professor that gives you a pokedex, a rival, an evil team (or two) or HMs being unforgettable (which is a thing that just needs to change but they refuse to).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Another thing about the "no buildings looking like a gym thing" is that remember BW2. Roxie's gym was literally an underground rock club place. Elesa's was a catalk runway. It's possible they could just be really creative gyms that dont have completely generic setups.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Another thing about the "no buildings looking like a gym thing" is that remember BW2. Roxie's gym was literally an underground rock club place. Elesa's was a catalk runway. It's possible they could just be really creative gyms that dont have completely generic setups.
This.

Not to mention you can't even point out any gyms (except for Lumiose's and Laverre's) on Kalos' map.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

This.

Not to mention you can't even point out any gyms (except for Lumiose's and Laverre's) on Kalos' map.

Unova's and Kalos's map was a lot bigger and very difficult to even see any recognizable building from how far it pans out. Alola seems to be more detailed and zoomed in this time.

clbgolden12

Unova's and Kalos's map was a lot bigger and very difficult to even see any recognizable building from how far it pans out. Alola seems to be more detailed and zoomed in this time.
We can't really say it's more detailed until we've seen the actual thing in-game.

clbgolden12

Not confirmed at the moment. Litten's evolutions and the others haven't been officially revealed. But if that is real then I can see it being Fire/Fighting due to it's design.
One of the leakers (I forget which) said Litten would be Fire/Dark.

Whether that leak is real, however, is not confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.