• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I dunno, I feel like it's whole purpose is to play off of the fact that a lot of people don't really like the ones we have right now. (Litten's in particular). I wouldn't mind it being real, but it just seems like a pain to have to wait for a certain time just to evolve your starter. Plus Rockruff's evolution method, while unique, seems like a chore if you ask me.

I don't disagree, which is why I'm very skeptical, I just consider it interesting that a leak that predated the 4chan one by about 2 weeks managed to get some of the same information right.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So do you guys think Riding Pokemon will replace HMs?

Charizard's flying animation is the exact same as regular fly's, so yes.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Huh...an Ice Sandshrew...thats has nothing to do with Sand...

This opens the door for all sorts of naming problems, like a Talonflame that's Water type.

I hardly think it matters.

I mean, Exeggcute was never an egg.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I think what the "leaker" (I'm sorry but this person got so much wrong there is no way, it's more like predictor/intern overhearing snippets and not grasping them properly... but I digress)... I think what the point was meant to be is that because there are new regional forms with new stats and types, the ones brought in from VC will not be of the sun/moon regional, but rather the mainland original form. I would also suspect that most if not all of out new forms come from rby and that the idea is you transfer them in to sun/moon to fill in that part of the dex rather than there being a way to get the old forms from sun/moon directly.

That's what i think will happen as well. The old mons exist in alola but obviously in their alola forms. If you want the old forms you have to transfer them from the older games.

i guess i never reacted to the whole thing:

exeggutor is a dragon because of course half a dozen psychic "eggs" evolve into a dragon that's a palm tree. It's even weirder than goomy. Also it's SUPER CREEPY.

ninetales and sandslash build up the ice type count which is always a + for me. ninetales's ice/fairy typing is really fitting. sandslash's typing is one of the best combos ice can get defensively and still it's bad. 4X fire and fighting and a 2X ground weaknesses, all being very common attacking types proves how hopeless a defensive ice type is.

formantis and lurantis are those grass types i just can't seem to resist, lurantis being the only one so far that immediately entered my favorites list. ever since cherrim there was always one line of them that i loved. cherrim, whimsicott/lilligant, gourgheist and now lurantis, they are cute and i'm very ok with that. let's see if bounsweet's evolution will become another :)

gumshoos is trump? i guess. let's make pokemon great again. it's not as lean and agile as furret or linoone but i do like it.

mudbray is okay. i think mudsdale is passable and i mudbray doesn't add much to the line to me.

minior has an interesting ability. a free stance change with a bonus of being immune to status changes is great and if the attack/sp atk and speed stats are good enough we might have a great competitive pokemon.

and finally the 4 in 1 oricorio. design wise i don't care much about the pa'u and pompom ones. baille is the best and sensu is elegant and graceful. Ability-wise it's amazing providing it has the speed stat to outspeed the base speed of other dance users.

riding pokemon confirms soaring and replaces HMs. it's particularly good that they are available anytime after you acquire them, even if they are not part of your team.

no more gyms apparently. that's certainly different. i just want these trials to be enjoyable. we'll need to pass the trials to travel to the next island.

and finally Z-moves. any correlation to zygarde maybe? At least it's balanced enough that you need your pokemon to be holding an item. But i don't know if it's going to be worth losing your item 's advantage for a powerful once per battle move. Maybe it's a 250-300 base power 100 acc move that will get even stronger with stab. it has to be something that's a nuke if they want you to have a specific held item.

.Aerodactyl.

I wouldn'tbe surprised if the starters had a split evolution. I'm not saying this because of the leaks... I have guessed this would eventually be a thing since X/Y. Even if it doesn't happen this gen, and takes like, another five, I think eventually it will be a thing.

This new leak I'm not so sure on, but I didn't realize it predates the Reddit leak (which one is that, is that the bewear leak?). That might give it some credibility.

gliscor&yanmega

I love how at times Aloan Exeggutor's head can't even be seen in battle. Makes me even more curious how Wailord will be, especially in Triple Battles.

DotKU

Champion
Looks like we may have a third leak up, this one was posted on July 4th, predating the 4chan leak that got the birds right, yet it got the Alola forms bit right as well. It also correlates with some of the information in that Reddit leak despite the latter coming after it and still getting information right.

So if that's real, I guess there's hope for those who don't like the starter evos?

If this is legit, then it sounds like it covers what CoroCoro was hinting at when Rockruff was first revealed. Although it is very weird to think about being able to evolve your starter with so many options. I know they are changing a lot in SM, but that part stands out as fake.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Looks like we may have a third leak up, this one was posted on July 4th, predating the 4chan leak that got the birds right, yet it got the Alola forms bit right as well. It also correlates with some of the information in that Reddit leak despite the latter coming after it and still getting information right.

So if that's real, I guess there's hope for those who don't like the starter evos?

So this would be the secret Rockruff and the starters hold?

Seems legit. Personally, I like the Siren evolution for Popplio, so I don't mind taking it.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
With that leak, I can see the starter evolution idea to be true, with it being night and day, plus, the names of the games are literally Sun and Moon. That way, people that don't like Panthster/Litten3 would have another option.

There are definitely things in this leak that give it credibility.

Ryukai San

Dragon Tamer
There's also the leak that's been put right at the bottom of the hoax section of the confirmed info and known hoaxes thread (I'd link the image myself but the forum won't let me post any links whatsoever :( boo at being a forum lurker)

If you change bond gems to z-crystals and bond abilities to z moves it basically matches up (even the bracelet is mentioned) and this was back in June/July (dependent on if it was American or rest of the world dating that has been used)

There's also these pics that were leaked that match his description of the starters final evo exactly along with a pic of what appears to be mallow (who has only just been shown in the trailer) just add the http thing at the front

.//heavy.com/games/2016/08/pokemon-sun-moon-corcoro-leaks-starter-pokemon-evolutions-real-fake-fakemon-rowlet-litten-popplio-evolutions-new-megas-alola-forms-pictures-photos/

Last edited:

GoldenGod

Saviour Of Pokemon
The Alola Forms are intresting, because if they add more of them well... the possibility's for jokes are endless like TalonFlame becomes an water type and it goes on and on. But I really wish they would add a Poison type legendary other then Arceus in Sun and Moon, it would be sick

Last edited:

Akashin

There's also the leak that's been put right at the bottom of the hoax section of the confirmed info and known hoaxes thread (I'd link the image myself but the forum won't let me post any links whatsoever :( boo at being a forum lurker)

If you change bond gems to z-crystals and bond abilities to z moves it basically matches up (even the bracelet is mentioned) and this was back in June/July (dependent on if it was American or rest of the world dating that has been used)

There's also these pics that were leaked that match his description of the starters final evo exactly along with a pic of what appears to be mallow (who has only just been shown in the trailer) just add the http thing at the front

Not really. First of all, there's a significant difference in that there was allegedly to be a meter involved in 'charging' the ultimate moves. Instead, we have a one-per-battle restriction, and the Z-Crystals don't store the moves but rather act as a catalyst, in the same way Key Stones do.

And of course the bracelet and the Starter leaks would be mentioned; the former we've known about since the designs of the new characters were revealed, and the latter has been floating around for months and been treated with varying levels of skepticism up until now. Both predated that leak.

ArtFenix

I like about 50% of what has been shown. I'm indifferent to the other half, excluding Exeggutor, which is godawful.
I just hope new megas are coming too. Icy Vulpix and Sandshrew lines are nice and all, but those are just old pokemon with fan service types (and Gen I pandering again). Megas should return, IMO.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I like about 50% of what has been shown. I'm indifferent to the other half, excluding Exeggutor, which is godawful.
I just hope new megas are coming too. Icy Vulpix and Sandshrew lines are nice and all, but those are just old pokemon with fan service types (and Gen I pandering again). Megas should return, IMO.

There will be more than just kanto pokemon with old forms though...well hopefully. It still makes more sense than megas. They are pokemon that adapted to the environments they are from.

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
I'm having mixed fellings about alolan forms...
How does breeding will work? How does evolution will work?
Can I have a Fire Vulpix? Well, probably, I just have to pick a vulpix from another region.
But then the Ice Vulpix will exist only in Alola? Thats just to weird to me. But its probably just the beggining. I'm sure mega evolution was this same weird when revealed.
If thats a new thing now I at least hope they'll do this to lots of pokemon... I hope gen 8 will have different forms of pokemons too. Even Sinnoh Remakes should have it too.
Their designs are awesome too. I'm almost sure this "Alolan Forms" will grow in me eventually.
(its just mess with the Pokedex and I have kind of an OCD with these things haha)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well...I am sorely disappointed by them removing gyms and I am just confused by this new Alola Form thing. Why does a Fire-Type Pokemon become an Ice-Type? That just makes no sense.

ON the other hand, I squealed with joy when I saw I could fly on top of my Charizard, it's a dream come true.

Psychic69

I don't think it's just Kanto. There's another leak that has some of the same information, although it's badly worded, and it mentions an "Alolan Pidove that is pure white". After seeing Vulpix and Sandshrew, I think it might be legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.