• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
He's just spitting out the Chinese leak now lmao deff fake.
I do like the alolan species ideas tho

knightwolf09

I would like to bring up, there was a dude on pokebeach who said he had some info. And two of his claims were confirmed true on the 1st. One was that Mudsdale had a pre evo, andand Hala is basically an E4 member, which Kahunas kind of are. And he made this post last Saturday.

Thepowaofhax

I would like to bring up, there was a dude on pokebeach who said he had some info. And two of his claims were confirmed true on the 1st. One was that Mudsdale had a pre evo, andand Hala is basically an E4 member, which Kahunas kind of are. And he made this post last Saturday.

Those could've been educated guesses, though.

Akashin

The former all but went without saying to begin with, and the latter is something people were suggesting long before we saw the Trial Captains. I wouldn't call either of those particularly inspiring predictions.

knightwolf09

Yeah, but that got revealed two days after he made the post. Coincedence......probably. He made other less obvious claims too, but I"m gonna wait and see first.

Thepowaofhax

Yeah, but that got revealed two days after he made the post. Coincedence......probably. He made other less obvious claims too, but I"m gonna wait and see first.

By chance, what were some other things he predicted?

knightwolf09

By chance, what were some other things he predicted?

Rockruff has three evos depending on the starter you choose.

A pokemon is based off a shovel.

Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops. (by that I think he means it looks like a mixture of the two. Actually it could be a peacock mantis shrimp when he says it like that)

Cutiefly will evolve into a hummingbird moth.

Salandit has two different evos depending on gender.

Three pokemon are based on rock-paper-scissors.

New mechanic: merge battle, two or more pokemon on battle field to merge together to battle in duo or trio battle such as Tapu family.

Last edited:

goodpeople25

Didn't you say that kahunas are equivalent to gym leaders just a bit ago?
That could just be a wrong thing in the leak, the mr xy leak had some minor details wrong. By gym he could mean trial leader.
You mean Kahunas.
The conversation was hard to follow though and I don't think I managed to find the leak in question, so apologies if I completely misinterpreted it.

Thepowaofhax

Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops. (by that I think he means it looks like a mixture of the two. Actually it could be a peacock mantis shrimp when he says it like that)

These ones could actually be plausible, especially with Cutiefly and Salandit.

ABC595

A pokemon is based off a shovel.

Three pokemon are based on rock-paper-scissors.

New mechanic: merge battle, two or more pokemon on battle field to merge together to battle in duo or trio battle such as Tapu family.
Other than the rock paper sizzors thing this all sounds plausible or cool

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
ok, so after seeing the map and the trial captains, kiawe and lana are in the same island, akala, the 2nd island. So there has to be more trial captains per island than the 1 i originally thought. sophocles looks like he's on the observatory by the bit of video we seen of him. Mallow says "welcome to the lush jungle". Gamexplain said lush jungle is in akala so there's 3 captains in 1 island. Could that mean we can get 12-16 total capitains? I really want more than 1 captain per island now.

My only problem with this claim - as opposed to Rockruff having day/night evolutions (along with the starters' final evolutions) - is that I don't then see what Rockruff could possibly have in common with the starter Pokémon.

ok, so after seeing the map and the trial captains, kiawe and lana are in the same island, akala, the 2nd island. So there has to be more trial captains per island than the 1 i originally thought. sophocles looks like he's on the observatory by the bit of video we seen of him. Mallow says "welcome to the lush jungle". Gamexplain said lush jungle is in akala so there's 3 captains in 1 island. Could that mean we can get 12-16 total capitains? I really want more than 1 captain per island now.

Yeah, I mentioned Mallow as being on Akala - the north eastern island - back in the region discussion thread. There's definitely more than just the jungle backgrounds to base her being on the north eastern island, though. Obviously, too, we'd already come to the conclusion about Lana and Kiawe, so it certainly does leave the question of spacing, especially as Akala doesn't even look to be the largest of the four islands. So, assuming that the south western island does indeed have trial captains, I think anywhere up to 10 is a fair shout. Combined with all of the other challenges waiting for us too, this definitely has the promise of being the longest basic gameplay experience in a main series Pokémon game we've had to date. Especially if they add another few islands or region into the post-game...

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

So is there any ideas what they might reveal on Monday? My guess is more Alolan forms and maybe evos for Rockruff, Pikipek and Wimpod and maybe more info on the Islands and the guardian legendaries

Macabrelicious

Definitely don't believe it but like some of the ideas. Steel/bug Kingler would be awesome...I used to hate Kingler but then I did a leaf green Nuzlocke run and he was one of my few Pokémon left by the end and he did some serious damage. I also am for ANY fire grass Pokémon. I definitely like the form changes that change types of Pokémon completely more than just adding on or changing a secondary type, but ice/flying Unfezant might actually get me to like that Pokémon.

EDIT: how did I miss the Tentacruel? Poison electric sounds radical! (Ignore the quad ground weakness XD )

Poison/electric is rad

I actually feel really cautious about complete type change forms because Gamefreak is gonna go overboard with them and make Water/Dragon Arcanine because it's "fun!!!! and unexpected!!!! XD" even though it makes no ****ing sense

Unfezant being Ice type I could see but poor your bad taste!*, she's a really neat Normal type and reminds me of autumn forests

*This isn't ATRL so I'll have to clarify I'm completely joking

http://i.imgur.com/Aj5S56t.jpg

is this fake? most likely
but its really funny. Added bonus, they didnt get fired :p

I could honestly stand behind these leaks

Obvious fake, and I dont even get how the legendaries themselves could or would be champion.

How is it an obvious fake? Everything they said sounds plausible. And if there's no league, is it difficult to imagine the box legendary taking the role of final enemy before the credits roll?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
wait, monday? wasn't the info on the 12th? If it's monday that's even better than i thought :D!

just something i think it's really possible i've heard from the gamexplain video with joe merrick. I also think vikivolt is going to be a totem pokemon. That description on the official pokemon site is a little on the nose and it fits perfectly in a SOS battle scenario.

Gizmoa

My only problem with this claim - as opposed to Rockruff having day/night evolutions (along with the starters' final evolutions) - is that I don't then see what Rockruff could possibly have in common with the starter Pokémon.

Yeah, I mentioned Mallow as being on Akala - the north eastern island - back in the region discussion thread. Obviously, too, we'd already come to the conclusion about Lana and Kiawe, so it certainly does leave the question of spacing, especially as Akala doesn't even look to be the largest of the four islands. So, assuming that the south western island does indeed have trial captains, I think anywhere up to 10 is a fair shout. Combined with all of the other challenges waiting for us too, this definitely has the promise of being the longest basic gameplay experience in a main series Pokémon game we've had to date. Especially if they add another few islands or region into the post-game...

This it totally out of the box, but they could all cross influence forms via transfer or team structure... or if we go back in the box, they may all just have different looking final forms based on gender.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
wait, monday? wasn't the info on the 12th? If it's monday that's even better than i thought :D!

just something i think it's really possible i've heard from the gamexplain video with joe merrick. I also think vikivolt is going to be a totem pokemon. That description on the official pokemon site is a little on the nose and it fits perfectly in a SOS battle scenario.

It is on the 12th which is next friday.

Also my guess is the first island will have 2, the middle 2 islands get 4 each, and the last gets 2 in regards to totem and trial leaders.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Macabrelicious

At least they're somewhat original in the split evo thing.
I, personally, don't think it's real. It's just a discussion starter I guess.

Yo, I would be HAPPY with every single one of these bullet points, especially the Cutiefly one.

But if they're repeating the Chinese leaks now, R.I.P. these good ideas

knightwolf09

Yo, I would be HAPPY with every single one of these bullet points, especially the Cutiefly one.

But if they're repeating the Chinese leaks now, R.I.P. these good ideas

The one I put up says it could evolve into a hummingbird moth. Which could be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.