• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The one I put up says it could evolve into a hummingbird moth. Which could be cool.

Hummingbird Moth would be great for Cutiefly. As for the other leaks, Salandit makes perfect sense and I was planning to use the female one specifically. The Pokémon Website does state female Salandits release some sort of aphrodisiac material to attract males.

ABC595

I wonder if GF have a lot of posible Pokemon plots/evolutions ect. And change them if they get leaked/guessed before official.

I doubt it but would be a fun thing to do :D

Macabrelicious

I wonder if GF have a lot of posible Pokemon plots/evolutions ect. And change them if they get leaked/guessed before official.

I doubt it but would be a fun thing to do :D

That would be fun, although I'd be concerned about quality control. I'd rather get the better evolutions even if they're leaked five months beforehand, as opposed to some sloppier ones just so they can be a surprise

The one I put up says it could evolve into a hummingbird moth. Which could be cool.

I think that'd be dope

ABC595

That would be fun, although I'd be concerned about quality control. I'd rather get the better evolutions even if they're leaked five months beforehand, as opposed to some sloppier ones just so they can be a surprise

I think that'd be dope
Yeah I know what you mean, it would be a little weird like you say and if it leads to worse Pokemon then it's not a good idea. But I guess for all we know they already do that and the leaked starters are the worse ones they came up with -.-

knightwolf09

Yeah I know what you mean, it would be a little weird like you say and if it leads to worse Pokemon then it's not a good idea. But I guess for all we know they already do that and the leaked starters are the worse ones they came up with -.-

Oh calm down, I bet you'll be over them when we see official artwork, in game models, or months after release.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Rockruff has three evos depending on the starter you choose.

A pokemon is based off a shovel.

Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops. (by that I think he means it looks like a mixture of the two. Actually it could be a peacock mantis shrimp when he says it like that)

Cutiefly will evolve into a hummingbird moth.

Salandit has two different evos depending on gender.

Three pokemon are based on rock-paper-scissors.

New mechanic: merge battle, two or more pokemon on battle field to merge together to battle in duo or trio battle such as Tapu family.

I figured I heard that rumor before, it apparently comes from a Reddit thread that got deleted, but thankfully a user on Reddit caught the whole thing. It's basically the same, except that he adds that Rockruff will be either Rock/Ground if you pick Rowlet, pure Rock if you pick Litten, and Rock/Fighting if you pick Popplio, there are 7 legendaries in the story, and a bit more detail about the diamond mechanic.

Overall, it's definitely plausible, though I'm not sure about that Rockruff detail. The typings seem to reflect the datamine of the main site (which had Ground and Fighting pop up), but it doesn't fit the evolutons of the starters nor contrast them.

knightwolf09

I figured I heard that rumor before, it apparently comes from a Reddit thread that got deleted, but thankfully a user on Reddit caught the whole thing. It's basically the same, except that he adds that Rockruff will be either Rock/Ground if you pick Rowlet, pure Rock if you pick Litten, and Rock/Fighting if you pick Popplio, there are 7 legendaries in the story, and a bit more detail about the diamond mechanic.

Overall, it's definitely plausible, though I'm not sure about that Rockruff detail. The typings seem to reflect the datamine of the main site (which had Ground and Fighting pop up), but it doesn't fit the evolutons of the starters nor contrast them.

Does it really have to contrast them? Though it does fit with the "Rockruff and the starters share a secret" thing.

knightwolf09

I am calm... I just don't like litten3, rowlett3 is actually really cool and I quite like him if real but I'm a fire/dragon/ice user.

Oh. And the only the Fire type of your choice is now not as visually appealing. I get that.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Does it really have to contrast them? Though it does fit with the "Rockruff and the starters share a secret" thing.

When there's supposed to be a clear thematic shared between them, then I'd say yes. If we are to believe that Rockruff is drawing from the three to form its evolutions, you'd expect for a Pokémon that draws from the starters to, you know, actually draw from them. If these are the real typings, then it's not drawing very much of anything as the typings are overall unrelated.

It's not impossible though, and more details could make this more palatable, but I have my doubts since it clearly plays into the site datamine from months ago.

ABC595

Oh. And the only the Fire type of your choice is now not as visually appealing. I get that.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind popplio or rowlet not being as attractive but litten is just disappointing for me. I was hoping it would go down a more liepard route then a bipedal fighter. I liked delphox because it was a Mage and different.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

I hope all the listed information is correct. A Chimera, would be outstanding to have. Love the stated Merge Battle, as it is totally expected Tapu-family to form totem-pole. Among the batch, my only issue would probably be how Rockruff evolves based on the starter you choose; eventually(?) forcing you to get the other forms via trade.

Thepowaofhax

Just some food for though regarding Gen 1 transfers. Do you think that the Gen 1 moves could potentially become egg moves for the Pokemon that can get them, or potentially for other Pokemon in their egg groups as well?

knightwolf09

When there's supposed to be a clear thematic shared between them, then I'd say yes. If we are to believe that Rockruff is drawing from the three to form its evolutions, you'd expect for a Pokémon that draws from the starters to, you know, actually draw from them. If these are the real typings, then it's not drawing very much of anything as the typings are overall unrelated.

It's not impossible though, and more details could make this more palatable, but I have my doubts since it clearly plays into the site datamine from months ago.

Maybe it's like this. Rock/Ground: Rowlet likes to fly but Rockruff prefers to stay on the ground if not utilize that, Pure Rock: It serves as a rivalry between him and Litten as cat and dog which of course is not a great match up, Rock/Fighting: Rockruff is the tough guy while Popplio is the carefree spirit and the two complement each other.

I hope all the listed information is correct. A Chimera, would be outstanding to have. Love the stated Merge Battle, as it is totally expected Tapu-family to form totem-pole. Among the batch, my only issue would probably be how Rockruff evolves based on the starter you choose; eventually(?) forcing you to get the other forms via trade.

I don't think he mean a literal chimera, only some thing that looks like a mixture. Which sounds like a peacock mantis shrimp. http://www.aqua.org/~/media/Images/Animals/Mantis Shrimp/animals-mantisshrimp-slide2-web.jpg

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

yeah that's what I don't get.
That would mean that rockruff is given to you then, since it'd be weird that EVERY rockruff you catch in the wild can only evolve into one of its kind with you since you picked that starter.

You could say that you just need one of the starters in your party and rockruff will evolve. But still I don't think it's likely because then what if you have more than one starter in your party? would it evolve into the form that goes with the starter that's closest to rockruff in the party?

Just seems to gimmicky and personally I don't like the sounds of it. This cliff evolution is a bit cooler, but I'd be confused about the implications in further games, but that's not to worry about now.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Maybe it's like this. Rock/Ground: Rowlet likes to fly but Rockruff prefers to stay on the ground if not utilize that, Pure Rock: It serves as a rivalry between him and Litten as cat and dog which of course is not a great match up, Rock/Fighting: Rockruff is the tough guy while Popplio is the carefree spirit and the two complement each other.

Pure Rock is pretty basic compared to the Tiger Mask Heel Litten, particularly since it's heavily implied to be Fire/Dark. If anything, Rock/Fighting would've fit the motif better, or something like Rock/Psychic to better contrast the two. Rowlet's evolution's main gimmick also isn't flight, it's archery, so something that complements that motif better would've been a better fit then just being another land based creature (which there are a dime-a-dozen of). I'll give you Popplio's though.

knightwolf09

yeah that's what I don't get.
That would mean that rockruff is given to you then, since it'd be weird that EVERY rockruff you catch in the wild can only evolve into one of its kind with you since you picked that starter.
It wouldn't make sense for having them just in your party, because then what if you have more than one in your party? would it evolve into the form that goes with the starter that's closest to it in the party?

I honestly don't think Rockruff's evolution will depend on the starters

We've had a pokemon pokemon that evolves with a dark type on your team, or pokemon that evolve from specific pokemon traded, if two specific pokemon are in the same team. It's not that farfetched.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
We've had a pokemon pokemon that evolves with a dark type on your team, or pokemon that evolve from specific pokemon traded, if two specific pokemon are in the same team. It's not that farfetched.

The problem here isn't the evolution method. It is, if we are forced to have only one Rockruff evolution-line based on our starters. I perfectly don't mind if they evolve if 'one' of the starters is on your party along with Rockruff, so it evolves into different forms. But, if 'all' of my Rockruffs evolve because I chose a specific starter from the beginning, then it doesn't make sense nor it wouldn't be an easy implementation for future series.

Gizmoa

The problem here isn't the evolution method. It is, if we are forced to have only one Rockruff evolution-line based on our starters. I perfectly don't mind if they evolve if 'one' of the starters is on your party along with Rockruff, so it evolves into different forms. But, if 'all' of my Rockruffs evolve because I chose a specific starter from the beginning, then it doesn't make sense nor it wouldn't be an easy implementation for future series.

It would just mean you need to trade for the others, or perhaps you get the others at the end of the game. It could also go in reverse where the starter changes depending on if you have rockruff, but I personally think gender split forms is way more likely if they are all going to share something (unless it is even lamer like they are all bipedal, this was just a corocoro tease after all)

knightwolf09

Maybe it is the case you need a specific starter in the party, and he just didn't word it right. Frankly that sounds the more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.