• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burningocean2012

Veteran Trainer
"I certainly hope we get something soon. Remember, this was a Pokémon Direct and not an official Nintendo Direct, and we're overdue one of those (most likely before E3 for some news on the NX). Exciting times for the franchise again!"

I forgot about that,great point!I bet the bird people are talking about will get revealed pretty fast.

Deadred23

Veteran Trainer
I wouldn't be surprised if the new region connected to Kalos. its quite plausible as well.

Here are some reasons that I share this Opinion.

1: it's been done before.

2: it hasn't been done since.

3: there are still many things unexplained in X and Y (of course this means absolutly nothing).

4: Wynaut?

GamingBoulevard

Triforce Guard

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-02-26 om 18.12.12.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2016-02-26 om 18.12.12.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 79

Cradily17

That is why a lot of people hoping that SuMo's region is connected to Kalos, so we might be able to return there after the postgame and do some kind of quest related to Zygarde's new form.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new region connected to Kalos. its quite plausible as well.

What if Pokémon Sun and Moon are the Gold and Silver of Kalos? It's a new generation, but it could have a lot of ties with Gen 6. In addition to picking one of the Gen 7 starters, you could pick a Johto starter and each of them would get a Mega Evolution. Team Flare would be the main villains again. After defeating the gym leaders and becoming the champion, you could return to Kalos and get the badges from those gyms. After getting all 16 badges, you would fight a powerful trainer at some remote location. That would be cool.

Deadred23

Veteran Trainer
What if Pokémon Sun and Moon are the Gold and Silver of Kalos? It's a new generation, but it could have a lot of ties with Gen 6. In addition to picking one of the Gen 7 starters, you could pick a Johto starter and each of them would get a Mega Evolution. Team Flare would be the main villains again. After defeating the gym leaders and becoming the champion, you could return to Kalos and get the badges from those gyms. After getting all 16 badges, you would fight a powerful trainer at some remote location. That would be cool.
Something along those lines. Maybe a new evil team? Maybe a team with similar goals to team rocket? Team flare's purpose was pretty lame.

Bus

Man, I haven't posted here since the final spoiler for Pokemon X/Y. With a new generation on the horizon, its time to start posting here again, hurray! I like this place so much better than others like Gamqfaqs (seriously, they're like internet cancer). I look forward to bouncing ideas off of everyone and speculating about info as it trickles in.

Anyway, to actually contribute...eh..not much to actually tribute since we know bare bones. There's so many possibilities and new things to hope for, its hard to find a starting point. Each professor is usually researching something new within the world of Pokemon, so I'm curious what it will be this time and how it will tie into the main story as it did with Mega evolution in the last. And they always try and introduce some major new feature (Mega Evolution for gen 6, triple & rotation battles for Gen 5, and so on) so what will we get this time? And, possibly the most important question, what new Eevee-lution will we see?

-Region based on tropical area.
-More "rural" than previous regions.
-Woodpecker Pokemon

Those are the only things I feel I can feel fairly confident on right now, based on the trailer. Tropical because the screenshot buildings remind me of beach resorts. Rural because of the vehicles and the Blastoise firetruck, which makes me think there will be a bigger focus on "harmony" with Pokemon and by extension nature. Woodpecker because from what I saw that bird looked just like a species of woodpecker I saw before.

Cradily17

Something along those lines. Maybe a new evil team? Maybe a team with similar goals to team rocket? Team flare's purpose was pretty lame.

I still feel like there are plenty of things we don't know about Team Flare, Lysandre, and AZ. That's why I have a strong feeling Team Flare will be the main villains again.

Aetius

Thinking about it, what kind of team we will face?
Since the games will focus on the sun and the moon, my guess is that it might be formed by people who worship them.
Or another possibility would be that this group is aiming to conquer space....
Or something along those lines. XD

Akashin

I'm guessing the main female character will called Luna. Is this the right thread?

Might as well be. I'm guessing her unofficial name will just end up being Sun until we get a more official name; the first game of the pair ends up being the male's name, the second the female's.

I'm guessing the main female character will called Luna. Is this the right thread?

This thread is for everything and anything Sun and Moon, so yeah :)

Thinking about it, what kind of team we will face?
Since the games will focus on the sun and the moon, my guess is that it might be formed by people who worship them.
Or another possibility would be that this group is aiming to conquer space....
Or something along those lines. XD

Or you could say...Team ROCKET. dun dun dun. I'm joking, of course (you better not have done this to me Pokémon).

eworm

How SICK would it be if the Virtual Console versions of RBY had a secret ZYGARDE CORE programmed in and transferring it to Gen VII unlocked its formes and maybe even a Zeta Episode?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
How SICK would it be if the Virtual Console versions of RBY had a secret ZYGARDE CORE programmed in and transferring it to Gen VII unlocked its formes and maybe even a Zeta Episode?

Absolutely not. Zygarde Core or Zygarde itself does not exist in RBY. Plus it would be limited to those who have access to virtual console.

Absolutely not. Zygarde Core or Zygarde itself does not exist in RBY. Plus it would be limited to those who have access to virtual console.

Come on, he wasn't being serious. You were the most downbeat guy on the Official News Thread after Sun and Moon were trademark leaked yesterday, don't bring it here.

What do you think we're getting into with Sun and Moon?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Come on, he wasn't being serious. You were the most downbeat guy on the Official News Thread after Sun and Moon were trademark leaked yesterday, don't bring it here.

What do you think we're getting into with Sun and Moon?

How would I know? Anyone notice that we haven't got the legendary mascots for Sun and Moon yet? I notice that these games share the 3DS with gen 6 games just like Gen 4 and Gen 5 shared the DS system.

Where's your head at?

Is this going to be a completely new region in a new area of the world, or be an expansion from Southern Kalos down into Spain or another bordering European region?

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
-Double takes and rubs eyes- Well, hello New Generation! And much love to GameFreak for shaking things up! Hype does not begin to cover my feelings. You had to resurrect me from the dead. :p

Anyways, I can't wait to see what unfolds in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.