• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Wise decision honestly. I'm pretty leak skeptical. Even the three most relevant leaks I think have merit I don't 100% believe.

So true. It's why I'm not holding my breath on split forms for starters even though its in a leak that has some validity to it. Even if 99% of a leak has proven true you can't 100% confirm everything is true until it's official reveal.

See I can actually believe* that, because that's fairly distinct. Like how the pokebeach leak nailed down Inkay & Pancham's evolution methods but flubbed the order of gyms and the exact type interactions with Fairy. Something like "you can ride every pokemon!" seems very much like seeing all the different pokemon you can ride, and making a leap.

*That said, that was a separate leak. I'm holding off until we see Rockruff's evolution(s?) until I fully believe the july 4 one

.Aerodactyl.

See I can actually believe* that, because that's fairly distinct. Like how the pokebeach leak nailed down Inkay & Pancham's evolution methods but flubbed the order of gyms and the exact type interactions with Fairy. Something like "you can ride every pokemon!" seems very much like seeing all the different pokemon you can ride, and making a leap.

*That said, that was a separate leak. I'm holding off until we see Rockruff's evolution(s?) until I fully believe the july 4 one

Yeah, the July 4th one is hit or miss. It's before the Bewear leak and shares half the same info, but the Bewear leak has had more proven/shown. Waiting to see rockruff could sink or sail that aspect of it. What I really want from that leak to be true is the two stage cat Pokémon that can have any type as it's secondary type depending on its father, which the Bewear leak also says is a thing.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Why should they translate 'Totem' into Chinese? Totem is just the English term. It's not called this in Japanese and Japanese is the Original.

Did you even read the rest of the convo

R_N

Yeah, the July 4th one is hit or miss. It's before the Bewear leak and shares half the same info, but the Bewear leak has had more proven/shown. Waiting to see rockruff could sink or sail that aspect of it. What I really want from that leak to be true is the two stage cat Pokémon that can have any type as it's secondary type depending on its father, which the Bewear leak also says is a thing.

The things they share are so specific I'd find it weird if one were true but the other fake, but it's always a possibility I guess.

35 new Alola Pokémon.
8 new Alolan forms.

Probably another Pokémon or two revealed at World's...and then that should be that for the month.

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
sooo, a mushroom pokemon...

According to Cresselia leak, its right about final starters evos, a mushroom pokemon, a sea cocumber pokemon (if we all agree that little black thing is a sea cocumber, and collecting logo diamonds like mega stones.

the things that were not confirmed yet are the snowman pokemon, the dolphin pokemon, rugby monkey pokemon, building the league and with the E4 being the kahunas of each island, and the diamonds transform pokemons likeit does with ash greninja and marshadow being mythical and having a unique typing.

Personally, I think somethings are fake just for the sake of the leaker not being caught. I don't think z moves change some pokemon forms but I'm believing more the "build the league" thing, but not 100% sure.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Personally, I think somethings are fake just for the sake of the leaker not being caught.

Plausible deniability is definitely a possibility. Another possibility is the grapevine effect. If the leaker heard the information from someone else (who might have also heard it from someone else...etc.) or even tried to write it up from memory after only having brief glimpses of the information, it's not unusual for that information to be misremembered or to be altered by multiple retellings or communication errors.

XXD17

Draco rex
sooo, a mushroom pokemon...

According to Cresselia leak, its right about final starters evos, a mushroom pokemon, a sea cocumber pokemon (if we all agree that little black thing is a sea cocumber, and collecting logo diamonds like mega stones.

the things that were not confirmed yet are the snowman pokemon, the dolphin pokemon, rugby monkey pokemon, building the league and with the E4 being the kahunas of each island, and the diamonds transform pokemons likeit does with ash greninja and marshadow being mythical and having a unique typing.

Personally, I think somethings are fake just for the sake of the leaker not being caught. I don't think z moves change some pokemon forms but I'm believing more the "build the league" thing, but not 100% sure.

As long as the dolphin is not fake, I couldn't care less lol.

Gizmoa

hopefully we do get the Dolphin pokemon

I expect a dolphin either way... and possibly a rainbow dolphin based on the Hawaii logo rainbow since dolphins are sort of rainbow shaped in a classic pose.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
A dolphin pokemon has been asked for by the fan community for so long, I kinda want to see it be a completely random type, like Dark/Flying, just to see the fan reaction. :p

XXD17

Draco rex
I expect a dolphin either way... and possibly a rainbow dolphin based on the Hawaii logo rainbow since dolphins are sort of rainbow shaped in a classic pose.

YES! Make it based on the striped dolphin and have it be water/ fairy or water/ electric! Then I'll finally have my third "for sure" team member for Sun/Moon!

R_N

Plausible deniability is definitely a possibility. Another possibility is the grapevine effect. If the leaker heard the information from someone else (who might have also heard it from someone else...etc.) or even tried to write it up from memory after only having brief glimpses of the information, it's not unusual for that information to be misremembered or to be altered by multiple retellings or communication errors.

IT's also something that doesn't work.

the pokebeach leaker was found out regardless b/c there's only so much you can say before it becomes obvious

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Has anyone discussed how we will get Sylveon in Sun & Moon?

I havent seen anything about Pokemon Amie or the PSS returning yet.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I think they would introduce a new method for it to evolve. They did so with Feebas. Either that or there is an advance version Amie in the game.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer

One of the live action trailers shows something akin to Pokemon Amie and one of the rumors mentions the same, claiming that's how you can change Furfrou's styles. No official word yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.