1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by hydrosharp_98, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Charbox

Charbox Active Member

Was hoping to get a video out about forgotten Pokemon I want for Sun and Moon but looks like Drowzee is confirmed! It hasn't been available in the main quest since Gold and Silver.

2. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Eh, no updates on the Jp website.

3. Genos

Genos New Horizons

I think it's gonna be updated alongside the others tomorrow morning.

Or it's taking a while to update. : /

4. slowkingsley

slowkingsley Well-Known Member

They released it early on the official Japanese Pokemon Youtube channel (and on Twitter as well I think) because of the leaks.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Ok, so:

1. With Alolan Raichu, there are only 31 unused type combinations left. There are still about 100 more unused typings, but they are just potential rearrangements in the style of Noibat's primary Flying-type.

2.With Morelull, there are at least 16 more evolutions missing, plus Alolan Persian. One of these, Rockruff's evolution(s), will be revealed next month, and starter mid-evos can appear anytime at this point. Including these and three remaining guardians we have at least 56 new species as of now(And three more species from the Chinese leak, giving us 59).

6. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I like that the grunts had Nest balls and that the admin was shown using an ultra Ball. I hope every trainer in the game uses other pokeballs. In caves the trainer's would dusk balls. Out on the water dive and net balls. Bug catchers would use net too.

7. SlimeStack

SlimeStack Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about the Pokémon we've seen in-game so far...

It's mostly been gen 7 (duh) and gen 1 Pokémon, the latter of which a lot of people are complaining about. Apart from that we've seen Stoutland and Sharpedo for riding, and Zygarde of course.

In today's trailer team Skull use a lot of Kanto Pokémon but an Ariados is also used, and this is our first wholly-Johto Pokémon. It's the second when you include Pichu, but he's mostly there because of Pikachu.

8. dukemon22

dukemon22 Well-Known Member

We've seen Ledyba too. It's a route 1 Pokemon.

I think Kanto is being advertised for two reasons. 1, it's the anniversary and your character may be from kanto if the trailers are any indication. 2, with Pokemon Go a lot of casual fans are rekindling their love of the characters. Showing they can get gen 1 Pokemon in the new game may cause them to play it. The same thing happens with X and Y I think.

9. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Not really, no. We are only missing most Gen IV Pokémon for obvious reasons.

10. AlchemistAzure

AlchemistAzure Well-Known Member

i might be the only one who is now worried about where Sun&Moon seem to be going with Pokemon Designs.

11. SlimeStack

SlimeStack Well-Known Member

Huh, my mistake. It's so easy to forget what they've shown with the gen 1 focus.

12. LockFelino

LockFelino Sparkling Noodleboi

What makes you worried? I've personally found each design to be unique in their own way and befitting the region with their vibrancy. Of course, that's just my opinion and is entirely subjective however.

13. Tropios

Tropios ':o Me is stinky??'

Why are you worried? They never put this much effort in unique concepts with lore and abilities that reflect their natural counterparts before.

14. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

So i've seen a lot of youtubers having english footage. Is the english trailer leaked somewhere that we can see? If someone has a link can you post it please?

Good job, a video showcasing the evil team. Just like with the corocoro picks, the grunts looks straigth up like the punks in XY with the exact same hair color and everything. I never really liked those guys and these grunts are not that great looking honestly. It's a cool team, don't get me wrong, but i'm not that into the grunt's designs.

Cool thing is that they are sending pokemon in different pokeballs than the regular one. That's awesome and makes them feel much more like unique characters rather than the same drones like all the grunts since team galactic felt like. Plumeri looks way better than in the images, i didn't noticed the white eye shadow, that is a cool detail. Guzma is such a boss, it may not be the coolest evil team boss ever but in terms of attitude he definitely is. And that MUSIC it's so cool! I'm looking forward to clash with team skull.

So 1 new reveal + a new alolan form. Of the previously revealed, whishiwashi's school form is HUGE! and it looks very menacing too. it's such a cool pokemon in it's school form.

pyukumuku looks interesting. pure water, it looks like it will evolve further and innards out looks like a beefy aftermath since pangoro's HP was more than 25%. I'm going to give the sea cucumber a try.

Alolan marowak, with ligthning rod, if it's a special or even a mixed attacker, it's amazing. immune to normal and electric attacks plus burning and electric induced paralysis, if this thing has good speed and attacks it can become a very threatening pokemon. Plus the model looks awesome.

Now the new ones. morellul is not as stupid as foongus so that's already a plus for me. I want to see it's evolution but for now, it's an ok pokemon.

And lastly, raichu. On the jp trailer i thought it was electric/fairy so when i saw psychic type i was surprised. I immediately thought of levitate as raichu's ability but surge surfer, despite taking 1 turn to setup, it's going to make it another big threat.

One thing about the alolan forms. If the evolved form has completely different tipping than the original base form it's very likely that the base form is also different. For example, whereas pikachu and exeggcute are very likely to stay the same, cubone is probably going to be ghost/fire or at least pure ghost. Same with persian, why would there be a dark type meowth and it would evolve into a regular persian? I would love to see persian becoming dark/poison just like some cards of it allure to it having poison attacks.

15. Aetius

Aetius Sky Emperor

Ordinary Trainers having their Pokemon in different kind of Pokeball is a nice touch honestly!
    This trailer made me even more excited, nuff'said! :D

16. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if they was a regular cubone in the trailer? So surprised, I thought cubone would get an Alolan form to match Marrowak but I guess not? Seems strange to go from ground to fire/ghost but oh well!

17. Andyomon00

Andyomon00 Seer of Doom

Yeah there was a video of a regular Cubone and Pikachu evolving into their alolan variants. So no alolan Pikachu or Raichu.

I'm really pissed that these leaked.

18. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

It seems like this entire week just has some info everyday, albeit, it's mainly because of the leaks. But there's still some more info to come since the sites have to update with the new Pokemon and Team Skull, which likely will bring some; probably minor, details.

Hopefully they'll announce when the next video will happen tomorrow, don't really like waiting to know when new info is to be expected.

19. 2dtyplosion

2dtyplosion Well-Known Member

20. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

cubone is more than likely to get an alolan form. You can see they cut the animation of cubone evolving meaning they don't want to reveal it yet.