• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Are we getting more news any time soon?

There's the world championship(August 19th-21st) which could provide something. I believe some game showcase type thing is happening in Germany this month too, so that could show something(Although could just be the demo from E3).

EDIT:
It has been confirmed that Pokémon is to have a presence at Gamescom, being held in Cologne Germany on August 17th to August 21st. First, there is to be a special Pokkén Tournament competition within the Battle Corner in the Nintendo Booth. In addition to that, Battle Director, Shigeki Morimoto, will be attending Gamescom to give insight into the world of Pokémon, and it is said there may be a surprise. Should anything pertinent come from Gamescom, we will post it as soon as possible so be sure to check back

.Aerodactyl.

I dont think any of those are approved at all especially if masuda blocked people on twitter about the chinese one. Gamefreak and TPC are arguably the most strict company of any in terms of dealing with how they handle things and I could neevr see them letting leaks slip out on purpose.

Oh I wasn't saying they were approved, only that I think it was more likely them than the video leaks for comparison.

I also don't get why they try and block text leaks like that once they are out ... Like you can't possibly find them all, and it just serves to validate them even more in the public eye. Almost better off pretending you don't care or setting out some fake counter leaks of your own.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Oh I wasn't saying they were approved, only that I think it was more likely them than the video leaks for comparison.

I also don't get why they try and block text leaks like that once they are out ... Like you can't possibly find them all, and it just serves to validate them even more in the public eye. Almost better off pretending you don't care or setting out some fake counter leaks of your own.

No he blocked them for the concept art, not the text leak. I doubt those were meant to ever be out.

.Aerodactyl.

No he blocked them for the concept art, not the text leak. I doubt those were meant to ever be out.

Was that confirmed though? I never heard of anyone getting a cease and desist order nor have they dissapeared from the easily targetable places like Pokejungle.

RzK

Meow
Also; I've been wondering, what is Serebii's take on all the leaks so far? Specifically the starter art which seems to have Mallow in it. Also the Chinese leak. Has he said anything about it on Twitter or something?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Also; I've been wondering, what is Serebii's take on all the leaks so far? Specifically the starter art which seems to have Mallow in it. Also the Chinese leak. Has he said anything about it on Twitter or something?

When he was on gamexplain talking with derrick he pretty much said he knows the concept art and also basically the chinese leak are real.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Not sure about the others, but he said he believes the starter concepts but won't put them on the site because he doesn't want a cease and desist notice.

DotKU

Champion
Watching the actual animations and stuff you get from trailers really helps give a better feel than just looking at the scans. It helps that GF is also more focused on the animations this time around. I wasn't that set on Wishiwashi and Alolan Raichu until I got to see how this all works. Although for Wishiwashi, it would seem like a regular evo would help it much more, I love the concept behind it and I think this was the best way they could have gone around it.

Also, Team Skull is growing on me, I quite like that they seem like ordinary troublemakers but with bigger plans. It'd be cool if they travel around the islands in a big pirate ship HQ kind of thing. Maybe that's how GF could incorporate S.S. Anne like one of the leaks mentioned.

Also.... that music for TF from both trailers is awesome along with the grunt poses. The music we hear in the US trailer sort of reminds me of something from B2W2.

ZPM

Is anybody else worried GF is showing us the entire regional dex before the game releases for some reason?

clbgolden12

Is anybody else worried GF is showing us the entire regional dex before the game releases for some reason?
I doubt they'd do that.

But the way things are going, I'd be more worried that the entire Dex would be leaked instead.

HoennMaster

We are getting a few Pokémon every week and half about. As long as there are more than 100 new Pokémon we will have some left. Even if we did know them all, that shouldn't matter for most people.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think there be at least a 100 new pokemon. It is not like they would give us an even lower amount of pokemon. Kanto gave 151, Johto had 100, Hoenn produced 135, Sinnoh had 107, Unova has 156 and Kalos had 72 introduced. Interesting enough, it seems to go from higher number introduced, to lower amount and then higher again. So if this is an actual pattern then we are likely to get more pokemon this time.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

clbgolden12

Actually, that'd be a neat place to reveal the starter second stages, but I doubt it. I think they're gonna stay strong with keeping those a secret.
I doubt they'd keep them a secret, they'll reveal them eventually (we pretty much already know the final evos anyways).

However, I agree that I doubt they'd reveal them at Worlds.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I doubt they'd keep them a secret, they'll reveal them eventually (we pretty much already know the final evos anyways).

However, I agree that I doubt they'd reveal them at Worlds.

I don't know what the final evolutions are so don't speak for me. I do think the middle stages would be announced in the last month before game release.

Status
Not open for further replies.