• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus

It's possible, but that kind of thing would seem pretty anticlimactic for a Nintendo Direct. I think the biggest doubt is whether there will be any SuMo info (and tbh it's probably not in much doubt considering we know it's focused on 3DS). If there is SuMo info, we can rest assured it'll be something pivotal considering they're giving Direct time to it rather than just a trailer.

Being focused on the 3DS, the relevant Sun & Moon info may just be that a special 3DS will be released with Solageo & Lunaala designs etched in; bundled with the game itself. They've had special redesigns for their handhelds whenever a major pokemon game is released.

Akashin

Being focused on the 3DS, the relevant Sun & Moon info may just be that a special 3DS will be released with Solageo & Lunaala designs etched in; bundled with the game itself. They've had special redesigns for their handhelds whenever a major pokemon game is released.

The Direct isn't focused on the 3DS. It's specifically focused on 3DS games.

Bus

The Direct isn't focused on the 3DS. It's specifically focused on 3DS games.

I meant focused on the 3DS as in, focused on handheld areas as opposed to Wii U or giving us info on the NX. With the focus on the 3DS and its games, its very possible that they unveil a brand new 3DS thats Sun or Moon themed to coincide with the release of its highly anticipated game.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Bus

gliscor&yanmega

I imagine they didn't announce a new trailer thus far because of the Nintendo Direct and just left it for that. I would expect the first evolutions of the Starters to be revealed, not sure what else to expect since the Direct will be for multiple games and I'm not sure how long Directs usually last or if there is any time frame they have to go by. We'll probably get a Pokemon video sometime mid September after Corocoro is released to reveal whatever was in there and maybe some more new things.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I imagine they didn't announce a new trailer thus far because of the Nintendo Direct and just left it for that. I would expect the first evolutions of the Starters to be revealed, not sure what else to expect since the Direct will be for multiple games and I'm not sure how long Directs usually last or if there is any time frame they have to go by. We'll probably get a Pokemon video sometime mid September after Corocoro is released to reveal whatever was in there and maybe some more new things.

They usually go from anywhere between 5-30 minutes, given how this is for the 3DS' lineup as a whole I'd say it's nearer to the latter. Seeing as Sun and Moon are one of its bigger titles, I'd personally expect around 3-5 minutes of coverage alone, overall Direct length permitting, seeing as the rest are smaller titles like Mario Party and Ever Oasis. Both of which have been covered en masse elsewhere.

gliscor&yanmega

They usually go from anywhere between 5-30 minutes, given how this is for the 3DS' lineup as a whole I'd say it's nearer to the latter. Seeing as Sun and Moon are one of its bigger titles, I'd personally expect around 3-5 minutes of coverage alone, overall Direct length permitting, seeing as the rest are smaller titles like Mario Party and Ever Oasis. Both of which have been covered en masse elsewhere.

If that's the case, then I guess we could expect a video similar to the ones we got in the past few months for Pokemon. So maybe more Alolan Forms and hopefully some more Captains.

DSDark

Breeder
Huh..how about that. It looks almost exactly like the DS one I used to have that had Palkia & Dialga on it; right down to the color. I would have thought the color scheme would have been a little different.

We're have always got the starters evolution the month of release or the month before

shadowF

at what time will the direct start?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Orphalesion

I want them to reveal the Starter evolutions. Though I have a feeling that they might reveal new mega evolutions. If they are doing a nintendo direct instead of the usual trailer we got the last few months it seems perfect for announcing them.

knightwolf09

I want them to reveal the Starter evolutions. Though I have a feeling that they might reveal new mega evolutions. If they are doing a nintendo direct instead of the usual trailer we got the last few months it seems perfect for announcing them.

What if there are just no new mega evolutions to show? I already heard Masuda confirmed in an interview that it is returning.

Koal

I'm not sure about new megas. I mean, sure, they're neat, but I'd prefer more Alolan forms/new pokemon. Maybe Alolan forms of non-Kanto pokemon?

Orphalesion

What if there are just no new mega evolutions to show? I already heard Masuda confirmed in an interview that it is returning.

I'm not sure about new megas. I mean, sure, they're neat, but I'd prefer more Alolan forms/new pokemon. Maybe Alolan forms of non-Kanto pokemon?

I would also prefer more New pokemon and new Alolan forms over Megas, it's not a hope, it's just a hunch I'm not a fan of Megas. I don't really see them abandoning Mega Evolution, since it was very popular. And since they haven't revealed any so far it can mean two things 1) there are no new ones (unlikely imho) or 2) They want us to speculate about whether they will return and are saving them for a special announcement, such as a direct.

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So in how long is the direct supposed to be happening?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So in how long is the direct supposed to be happening?

Counting roughly off the top of my head, (I failed my Maths GCSE, so forgive mistakes), we're around 27 hours left until the Direct? I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.