• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer Penguin

Lazy Bones
If they're smart, they'll make individual Z moves for all the game's big wigs: Mascots, starters and legendaries.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Z-Moves are stupid, and I don't see the point at all aside from selling that stupid bracelet.

Following that logic, the same could be said with Mega Evolution. However this "argument" is stupid in itself.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
And so the backlash commences...

People don't have to like everything TPC adds in the new games.

I for one, am not really a big fan of the new Z-Moves. Especially if they're the 'replacement' for new Megas. It's a huge waste IMO. Like... Snorlium Z? I'd rather have seen Snorlaxite, but that's just me.

Following that logic, the same could be said with Mega Evolution. However this "argument" is stupid in itself.

Not really? One is literally a super move and the other gives the Pokemon a brand new form that makes it stronger and actually viable by changing stats, appearance, and sometimes typing and ability.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
If you preorder, right?
At least that's what I gathered from the trailer..
No, I think it's just if you get the game around when it launches, like with that Torchic and Beldum.

But anyways, I think the Z-Moves are cool and all, butttt... I'd rather have new Megas.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Except that Mega Evolution allows for heightened/changed stats, new abilities, new typings, etc. All Z moves appear to do (based on current info) is take up your item slot for a powerful move that you get to use only ONCE per battle. At present they seem to offer a lot less than megas did.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
No, I think it's just if you get the game around when it launches, like with that Torchic and Beldum.

But anyways, I think the Z-Moves are cool and all, butttt... I'd rather have new Megas.

Ah okay, that'd make sense!

And yeah.. if Z-Moves do replace Megas, that'd kinda suck.. though hopefully they're just saving revealing them.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
A person here stated that how they didn't remove Arceus' plates since Generation IV, and he is absolutely right. When it is ME, which is a commonly-used game mechanic, I heavily doubt they will remove it. However, I think we are not going to get new ME's, just their stones. Variety will come into play with having the ability to use both ME (ME Stone) and a Z-Move (-ium Crystals) during battles, in my opinion.

Also, Alolan Rattata was featured in leaks, good to know it is officially released.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

My thoughts exactly. It's nice we're getting a new toy to play around with, but honestly, I'd rather have Snorlax awaken through Mega Evolution and not 'pulverizing pancake'...

Like instead of Snorlium Z, how bout you hook me up with a sick Snorlaxite

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
amazing! alolan rattata is so cool!

did you see that? dragonite's got OHKO'd by snorlax's z move. that's insane! you can't see the level of that snorlax but if it's at the same level as dragonite (50) it's a hell of a move. Let me make some calculations...

All of these were done for level 50 snorlax and dragonite with neutral natures and assuming the Z move is physical:

at max IVs and 0 EVs for both, a stab 200 power move by snorlax only guarantees a 2HKO.

removing all the defense IVs from dragonite a 200 power stab move has a 31.3% chance of OHKOing

with max EVs on snorlax's attack, the same 200 power stab move does guarantee OHKO against the 0 defense IV dragonite.

So that either means snorlax's level was way higher than 50 or the exclusive Z move has ridiculous base power. At a standard phase (neutral nature, 0 EV max IV and level 50) a 250 power stab physical move from snorlax has a 75% chance of OHKOing dragonite. I just did this because dragonite is not the frail so an OHKO by a snorlax with the Z move surprised me.

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
I'm having a really tough time deciding if I should go with a full Alolan team or if I'm gonna use a team of Kanto pokemon in their Alolan forms because they are freaking awesome! I guess a mixture is possible as well. anyway, for me it's never been as hard to put together a team. So many great new pokemon and old ones with new uses.

How is everyone else dealing with this? :p

gliscor&yanmega

More news coming on the 6th, I was assuming it would be mid month. Glad they gave the announcement now. I'll guess the starter evolutions for that video then.

Status
Not open for further replies.