1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by hydrosharp_98, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

So, Alolan Raticate is mentioned in Rattata's blurb. Neat.

I don't expect starter Z-Moves or Rockruff's evo to come in September 6th. I just expect a bunch of new Pokémon and some other trivia.

2. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

3. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

I'm in the same position but i think i'm gonna consider alolan forms as brand new pokemon, even if they are technically not. I'm still not certain so i may change my opinion and just like you, divide them. Regardless i'll always start with the brand new pokemon on my 1st run through the game.

4. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

ooooo yay! that makes me happy :)

5. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I'm guessing the missing Alolan Raticate + Persian along with another Alolan form, new Pokemon, and a little light shed on Z-Moves.

Hopefully we'll see something more exciting that Pulverizing Pancake

6. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

The save page(I assume that's what it is) looks nice, very decorative.

7. roguedr4g0nite

roguedr4g0nite WishiWashi Trainer

I believe Synchro Evolution might activate with some Z moves. The way the trainer directed Snorlax and Raichu seems similar to Ash and his Greninja. The Water Shuriken might be a Z move :D

8. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

Adding to this. Pokemon.com clarifies that you just have to buy the game before January 11th, likely when the event ends.

9. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

It's a shame Pokemon can have their own Z-moves :(

10. gliscor&yanmega

Why do you see it as a shame? I prefer it that way personally. Gives some Pokemon some individually. I assumed we'd just get 1 animation for each type, but looks like there will be more, so I'll be interested to see how they all look. Ghost looks pretty intense.

11. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

Z-Moves

The funny thing is, I recall telling my friend Kent who never got ORAS (so I was describing Contests changes to him) that in Contests, Pokémon could use these Super Appeal Moves and I swear I said "just watch in the future these will be made into real moves"

Annnnnd...Z-Moves.

Alolan Ratatta is found in urban environments. I would like to actually be able to find wild Alolan Ratatta in the cities instead of in factories or tall grass on the outskirts of town. Give it a real Yokai Watch feel if a back alley in Named Town or Themed City housed Pokémon encounters.

12. GDK

GDK Well-Known Member

So since "exclusive to some mon" Z move are a thing, how much do you bet the "secret" shared between rockruff and the starter is that they have such moves ?

At the time of the "secret" being a thing, only the starters and rockruff were revealed (snorlax wasn't stated to be in the game, and alolan raichu wasn't a thing yet).

Also The raichudium Z (or whatever it's called) will work on regular raichu or not?

13. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I'm guessing not. Or, at least, it will result in a different move.

14. gliscor&yanmega

It would have to since Alolan Raichu is surfing in its move. Would be unfortunate if it doesn't get its own.

15. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Hm, news on the 6th. I'm guessing we'll get bigger stuff then.

16. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Well it has a surfing theme so it may be exclusive to Alolan Raichu, but then again a major idea behind Alolan forms is that they are still the "same" pokemon so by that reasoning it should work on both forms.

17. RzK

RzK Meow

wow. Wow. WOW.

Everything shown in this little trailer was EPIC!! Alolan Rattata! And THOSE animations for the Z moves! Individual Z moves?! This game is seriously going to blow XY and ORAS out of the water.

18. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

It may and I hope it does, but I don't think it will be because of Z moves. Indeed I'll be surprised if more than a few (or any) Z moves are even useful outside of the game storyline. Its just hard to believe one move you can only use once will be worth giving up a Mega Stone, Leftovers, Life Orb, etc.

19. GDK

GDK Well-Known Member

Why hasn't the official site updated with the info already?

20. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I think Megas are bigger than Z-Moves so if you're comparing it through those two things, then no?

But Alolan Forms and the Island Trials certainly do.