1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by hydrosharp_98, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Illusio

Illusio Well-Known Member

The translation was 'there's a secret in (Rockruff's) body, in fact there are secrets about the starters too!' going by an earlier post. So it doesn't have to be something we can see on them.

2. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

I don't think people go out to defend the leaks (specifically the ones that have validity to them that have been proven true in some parts. I don't know why people defend fake leaks or leaks with no validity) but rather, they use the info in the leaks to defend and validate their theories and speculation.

I would argue that there is a difference, but that's all subjective opinion, so we aren't going to agree on it. For one part, a lot of the leaks have the wrong and right information in the same places...the Chinese leak has, for example, predicted several Pokémon. We've gotten the mushroom and the sea cucumber, so it stands to reason that this bit of info it has is correct, and we can expect a snowman, dolphin and monkey in the future.

The Bewear leak has gotten two Alolan forms correct, only faulting in type, so it stands to reason that the others mentioned will get them, but the typing could be off. It certainly has more merit than talking about the likelihood of an Alolan dunsparce to me. The validated leaks serve to give focus to the speculation, and make for the most likely correct information.

3. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

So, anyone have a translation for this?

4. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's just the save screen.
    Edit: Or I guess more likely the title screen.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. B. Thunder Tiger

B. Thunder Tiger Well-Known Member

its nothing important. Its just the player's Trainer Card or Save Screen, listing things like the player's name, the amount of PKMN he/she has seen/caught, and the total playtime. May have something extra as this is Alola after all, but I wouldn't put much thought into that possibility.

6. BlitzGirl41

BlitzGirl41 Well-Known Member

It's got to be the main menu/save screen because in the box below the trainer one I see the word "fushigi", so maybe that's "mystery gift".

EDIT: INteresting to note that it's saved at a point where the player has only played for 20 minutes and only saw one Pokemon (their starter I bet) (ippiki = 1 is the standard of counting animals in Japanese).

7. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

Yeah, it's the title screen, seeing how you can access Mystery Gift (ふしぎな おくりもの).
    While not important, I think it would be interesting to see what they consider the main milestones. Previous games counted how many badges you have, but that won't be the case here. The answer is likely either trials or grand trials though.

8. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like either is on the screen though(The text doesn't match up at least).

There are two cases of a 1 followed by text on the screenshot, one is likely for Pokemon seen/caught but not sure about the other.

EDIT: I was looking at Captains and Kahuna, so not sure about trails matching the text now.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  9. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

You know what. That trailer made me want to keep Snorlax in my team. I'm using my distributed Munchlax. Now all I need is a Water type.

10. BlitzGirl41

BlitzGirl41 Well-Known Member

I sure hope that that background is what's in the final game as our load screen. :)

11. Lokinta

Lokinta New Member

The screen capture in question would be the menu after the title page.
    Going down the image, it says

Continue [from an already begun adventure]
    Sun
    Route 1
    Index (Pokedex): 1 entry
    Play Time: 0:20

Mystery Gift

Live Withdrawl

12. topher4167

topher4167 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OHMYGOD I LOVE PULVERIZING PANCAKE XD

I'm so happy Gamefreak decided to make something so silly. 10/10 I love it.

13. roguedr4g0nite

roguedr4g0nite WishiWashi Trainer

LOL and now you can give the event Pokémon perfect IVs too XD

14. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Maybe the random selection of old Pokemon that have been added to the site a while back will be the ones that get individual Z-Moves?

15. yumenokage

yumenokage faerie dragon ghost

why is there a mew at the end?

he got tired after doing his z-move and had to lay back down. too... much... effort...

While on the one hand I'd prefer that over them just pointing out "these pokemon are available here", on the other hand I really want some of them to get cool alola forms...

16. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Zubat though??? Why XD.

17. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

Because it opens up Z-moves to becoming the new mega evolution and teh explaination is going to be very hard to do... I mean we now have a Pokemon who got an Alolan form for seemingly no reason who now in this new form seems to have a gem to give it an ultimate move. I preferred the simple idea that a Z-move is unlocking the power from within a move type but for Pokemon to now suddenly be given their own makes them less interesting and at greater risk of going OP IMO.

18. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

It is for the Gen VI Mew event.

19. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I guess it's because of some event happening there.

Edit: Greninja'd

20. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Well Crobat isn't half bad. Also it would be hillarious for Zubat to get a sort of monstrous, venomous vampire bite. or something X-D.