• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well it kind of is a secret. Nobody knew about unique z-moves till now. And since some go to specific pokemon, Rockfuff and the starters are probably some of the specific ones.

And it's a secret they'll likely be showing off with Rockruff and the starters first rather than with Raichu and Snorlax so

knightwolf09

Anyone questioning why the internet is worrying over nothing about megas returning or not? I could've sworn I heard Masuda say megas were coming to sun and moon but didn't respond when being asked about new megas. I mean it's just pure common sense in marketing to not get rid of them entirely. This isn't like contests or secret bases, these are full on battle mechanics and established form changes. You can't just take that away or people will be pissed. I don't care how many people don't like it, but it's coming back.

Orphalesion

Anyone questioning why the internet is worrying over nothing about megas returning or not? I could've sworn I heard Masuda say megas were coming to sun and moon but didn't respond when being asked about new megas. I mean it's just pure common sense in marketing to not get rid of them entirely. This isn't like contests or secret bases, these are full on battle mechanics and established form changes. You can't just take that away or people will be pissed. I don't care how many people don't like it, but it's coming back.

Well 1) It's the internet, everything can cause overreactions on the internet. 2) I think Game Freak wants people wondering about Mega Evolution to some extend, getting people anxious before revealing them like it was some sort of amazing big deal to include them.

knightwolf09

Well 1) It's the internet, everything can cause overreactions on the internet. 2) I think Game Freak wants people wondering about Mega Evolution to some extend, getting people anxious before revealing them like it was some sort of amazing big deal to include them.

That sounds very manipulative.

Robotnikthedrap

The translation was 'there's a secret in (Rockruff's) body, in fact there are secrets about the starters too!' going by an earlier post. So it doesn't have to be something we can see on them.

Fascinating; so, in reality, the secrets about the starters, and Rockruff's secret, may be entirely unrelated! That's certainly putting things into perspective.

Last edited:

Bus

Fascinating; so, in reality, the secrets about the starters, and Rockruff's secret, may be entirely unrelated! :D

I've solved the mystery! The secret is that Rockruff can crap out the Z crystals!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I've solved the mystery! The secret is that Rockruff can crap out the Z crystals!

I thirst for unlimited power....fetch me a pooper scooper! Seriously though, I'm fascinated that no one is discussing the bag description of Z-Crystals:

So, get this. The descriptions for the Z-Crystals shown in the trailer are formatted like so:

"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade <blank>-type moves into <blank>-type Z-Moves."

Two key things here. First is the converting Z-Power into crystals. Perhaps Z-Crystals that are given to Pokemon are consumable, so you'll need to use the appropriate Z-Ring crystal to charge energy to make more. Strangely this fits in with a debunked rumor from a while back, though I don't think this proves it. Regardless of if that's how it works or not, this is an interesting detail

Second up is the use of the word upgrade. I think this is pretty solid evidence that Z-Moves will take the place of other moves temporarily. This could also explain the possible need for a Pokemon to know a certain move (like how the Japanese site seems to indicate that Giga Impact is needed to perform Pulverizing Pancake).

We're learning more, bit by bit, and we are edging ever closer to learning all SuMo have to offer. Until then, take this info and speculate away!

Robotnikthedrap

Well; that'd be a dirty little secret, wouldn't it? To be frank, it's probably just as likely at this current time as alternate starter evolutions sharing the same pokedex slot; therefore, your theory possesses the distinctive odor of possible legitimacy! I am most moved! :)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It would answer why its collar looks a lot like a Z-Ring...

sheld999

think the info on the 6th will be the aholan raticate artwork as they said its been confirmed that theres one

Julia Artemis

think starters evo will also be in corocoro with rockruffs secret as they all hold one.

Yeah most likely. I just want to see how the 3D model looks like in the game. Pallosand for me went from a major pass to me being really excited to use it after seeing it's ability and how it looks in the actual game.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So... How come the site still hasn't been updated with the new stuff from the Direct? Usually this kind of stuff is uploaded fast.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.