• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotnikthedrap

think starters evo will also be in corocoro with rockruffs secret as they all hold one.

They all hold a secret; Rockruff has it's, and the starters have their own. Remember friends, nowhere has it been said that these secrets are:
A) The same for both Rockruff and the starters and
B) Relating to forms or evolution

Let's not forget the public's pension for over exaggerating the words spoken in corocoro. :)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It seems like we may be getting a demo for Sun/Moon, as Korea put it a rating for the special software.

Orphalesion

It seems like we may be getting a demo for Sun/Moon, as Korea put it a rating for the special software.

ooooh dare I hope for a leaked dex pre-release then? In any case I won't be getting the demo f there is one, but I'm looking forward to hear what others think of it.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I was thinking about this the other day, that ORAS getting one might imply we do for SuMo. I really hope we do get one, but it is a different case when it's a new gen, because as Orphalesion implied, things like having access to the dex would reveal a lot of info we wouldn't ordinarily get until launch. Of course they could always just not allow us to access the dex, or give us a limited one of only pre-revealed Pokemon. I'll be intrigued to see how they do it if, they do.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Regarding the possible demo, fingers crossed that the devs learnt from the ORAS demo not to put data of all the trainers/Pokémon in it as there is a good chance that data miners will pick it apart (not literally) to see what it contains. Sure you can avoid all Pokémon fan-sites to avoid spoilers but there is not telling when someone on social media will announce it to the world.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I was thinking about this the other day, that ORAS getting one might imply we do for SuMo. I really hope we do get one, but it is a different case when it's a new gen, because as Orphalesion implied, things like having access to the dex would reveal a lot of info we wouldn't ordinarily get until launch. Of course they could always just not allow us to access the dex, or give us a limited one of only pre-revealed Pokemon. I'll be intrigued to see how they do it if, they do.

Personally, I'm torn between having a demo or not. There will always be people who decrypt the demo and share the full leak, and at one point, it will be inevitable to disregard the leaks. One "Pokémon Sun Moon" search in Google will return you all the possibly-leaked information, having PokéJungle on the top, and even at some point, people will leak the information in here, as well. OR/AS Special Demo, although was quite different than what the original game was, literally leaked the full game information from beginning to Delta plot.

On the other hand, GameFreak shouldn't be playing the dumb and learn from their mistake. If demo is released, they must find a way to undisclose all information except the ones provided in the demo itself. Otherwise, the hype for discovering what the new generation offers will be totally ruined.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My greatest fear... the demo...
Oh boy.

I just wish it won't contain all the info. I really don't want a repeat of ORAS -- everything spoiled ahead of release...

Orphalesion

Regarding the possible demo, fingers crossed that the devs learnt from the ORAS demo not to put data of all the trainers/Pokémon in it as there is a good chance that data miners will pick it apart (not literally) to see what it contains. Sure you can avoid all Pokémon fan-sites to avoid spoilers but there is not telling when someone on social media will announce it to the world.

You can hope for that. I hope for the exact opposite. I hope somebody datamines the heck out of it and leaks the Pokedex, I just wanna know how many critters we'll get, and if Popplio evolves into the mermaid, and what other pokemon we'll get. It probably wouldn't be put up on Serebii anyway, just places like Poikejungle or something. I'd be fine with a forum rule of "no spoilers" tbh. Sure one can't control social media, but you can install an extension to tumblr that lets you filter out posts with certain phrases which then aren't shown (though it's not fool proof regrettably)

Also who else is guessing that we get at the very least one or two "leaked" fake dexes if the demo is released?

.Aerodactyl.

I hadn't even thought about a demo. I figured since ORAS they wouldn't do it again...

I too hope they don't let it get data mined, and that they actually just let us download the darn demo instead of the circus of last time. Anyone know the timeline for when we for the ORAS demo before the game release? That could shed some light.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I hadn't even thought about a demo. I figured since ORAS they wouldn't do it again...

I too hope they don't let it get data mined, and that they actually just let us download the darn demo instead of the circus of last time. Anyone know the timeline for when we for the ORAS demo before the game release? That could shed some light.

The ORAS demo was released in Japan on October 15th, 2014. It was also datamined on the same day.
ORAS was released November 21, 2014.

Information was spoiled a month ahead...

B. Thunder Tiger

My greatest fear... the demo...
Oh boy.

I just wish it won't contain all the info. I really don't want a repeat of ORAS -- everything spoiled ahead of release...

This pretty much. I'm with you there. I too hope they won't datamine the heck out of it, but knowing GF and how they tend to handle leaks, its going to be datamined for sure. If a chinese text leak managed to get out, you can safely bet on everything that the demo is going to be datamined till its dry.

You can hope for that. I hope for the exact opposite. I hope somebody datamines the heck out of it and leaks the Pokedex, I just wanna know how many critters we'll get, and if Popplio evolves into the mermaid, and what other pokemon we'll get.

Like I said above. I hope for the opposite and that demo isn't datamined, but I'd be a fool to think that is going to happen. Really, it ruins the surprise and excitement. Like, why do people want to know every single thing of a yet-to-be-released game? Can't people just wait 11+ more weeks until the game is released and everyone can enjoy and share their experiences instead? If most of the fandom is capable of waiting for several months, several weeks should be nothing for them.

I myself want to go in fresh, but I will be likely spoil myself anyways, as its hard not to look at the information once its out. Once its on the internet, you pretty much can't ignore it, at least I can't.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Like I said above. I hope for the opposite and that demo isn't datamined, but I'd be a fool to think that is going to happen. Really, it ruins the surprise and excitement. Like, why do people want to know every single thing of a yet-to-be-released game? Can't people just wait 11+ more weeks until the game is released and everyone can enjoy and share their experiences instead?

I don't want to know every single thing. I want to know the size and composition of the pokedex, I won't look at the other stuff. I don't like the idea of tapping around in the darkness, not knowing where to find pokemon or how they develop, or even missing that some exist due to them having a ridiculous 5% encounter rating in one section of a cave and stuff.

To me knowing the pokedex (at least eh designs and typings) would also hark back to childhood memories, when a game would be released in japan before the West and I would not be able to afford the game right away at release. I'd find those lists online and just look at them, wondering what moves those pokemon might learn, which ones I'd put into my team etc.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Calling it right now: There is a demo, but when you try to datamine it all the files just say "lol, no info for you". :p

But seriously, I'm on the boat that I hope GF gets rid of all the excess data on the demo so we won't know everything about the game before it releases. Though out of curiosity, what are the chances that this ends up just being a kiosk demo?

B. Thunder Tiger

I don't want to know every single thing. I want to know the size and composition of the pokedex, I won't look at the other stuff.

Fair enough, but you and I, as well everyone else know that once someone has known the size of the dex and what not, its going to be pretty hard, if not impossible to resist the urge to know more. That said, I'd congratulate you though if you can actually resist from looking up on the rest of the information. I know I can't.

I don't like the idea of tapping around in the darkness, not knowing where to find pokemon or how they develop, or even missing that some exist due to them having a ridiculous 5% encounter rating in one section of a cave and stuff. To me knowing the pokedex (at least eh designs and typings) would also hark back to childhood memories, when a game would be released in japan before the West and I would not be able to afford the game right away at release. I'd find those lists online and just look at them, wondering what moves those pokemon might learn, which ones I'd put into my team etc.

Can't you just wait until Serebii, Smogon, or whatever other Pokémon fan site has put up accurate information on their respective sites? These days, seeing as the releases are now globally done, this shouldn't take too long. That or you would have to purchase the official guidebook.

knightwolf09

I am happy yet for the upcoming demo. If they're doing this again, then they must've cleaned up the data, which is good. If not well then we get another spoiled game. Well who really cares? I'm going to play the mess out of that demo!

Orphalesion

Fair enough, but once someone has known the size of the dex and what not, its going to be pretty hard, if not impossible to resist the urge to know more.

You don't know my levels of self-control when it comes to that and that urge to know more would just turn into anticipation for the release. Likewise, while I admit I can't control what other people do with information, not a word about the leak would leave my lips. I'm a Song of Ice and Fire fan and that fandom is very disciplined when it comes to not spoiling things for other people.

Can't you just wait until Serebii, Smogon, or whatever other Pokémon fan site has put up accurate information on their respective sites? These days, seeing as the releases are now globally done, this shouldn't take too long. That or you would have to purchase the official guidebook.

Pretty much one of the reasons why I won't buy the game on release date. But then I won't have that time period of gazing at the future dex :p

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I don't want to know every single thing. I want to know the size and composition of the pokedex, I won't look at the other stuff. I don't like the idea of tapping around in the darkness, not knowing where to find pokemon or how they develop, or even missing that some exist due to them having a ridiculous 5% encounter rating in one section of a cave and stuff.

To me knowing the pokedex (at least eh designs and typings) would also hark back to childhood memories, when a game would be released in japan before the West and I would not be able to afford the game right away at release. I'd find those lists online and just look at them, wondering what moves those pokemon might learn, which ones I'd put into my team etc.
Yes, this. I mostly just want to be able to plan my team. That's what gets me really hyped up just before launch. At present I have no idea whether the Pokemon I want to use are available anywhere near the beginning, and I prefer to have my team of 6 as close to the start as possible. There might even be other Pokes I want to use even more. Knowing encounter stats for things is another factor that is part of that. For instance, how many people would have realised you could find Ralts right at the beginning of XY if they didn't have PokeEarth, or really great luck?

I'll try and keep myself in the dark about the actual storyline as much as possible.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I'll just do what I did for XYORAS, which is wait a bit after release, check Serebii's 'dex and version exclusives section, then buy the version I want most. Catch & evolve everything new, but typically my team has already been determined and for my first playthrough is usually all new pokemon.

Even if it's datamined, it'll just save me a few days' wait after release. ORAS was datamined, I knew, but aside from the 'dex I didn't look at anything. All I knew was that there was something called the "Delta Episode," and that's it.

B. Thunder Tiger

You don't know my levels of self-control when it comes to that and that urge to know more would just turn into anticipation for the release. Likewise, while I admit I can't control what other people do with information, not a word about the leak would leave my lips. I'm a Song of Ice and Fire fan and that fandom is very disciplined when it comes to not spoiling things for other people.

Alright, that's good to hear then. I wish I was like you, LOL.

Pretty much one of the reasons why I won't buy the game on release date. But then I won't have that time period of gazing at the future dex :p

Decisions, decisions, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.