• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamCarbonMan

I personally think that, even without any screens, and magiana being the only 'mon we've seen, there is strong evidence that:
  • we will have a new region, but one that is closely connected to both kalos and hoenn. In all likelihood, the couriway station will see its purpose as a connecting route, and will have a backstory concerning its abandonment, and a key quest to open it up again
  • the backstories of diancie, hoopa, volcanion, and zygarde, as well as the ghost girl and the strange souvenir, will be intertwined with the storyline

I personally think that, even without any screens, and magiana being the only 'mon we've seen, there is strong evidence that:
  • we will have a new region, but one that is closely connected to both kalos and hoenn. In all likelihood, the couriway station will see its purpose as a connecting route, and will have a backstory concerning its abandonment, and a key quest to open it up again
  • the backstories of diancie, hoopa, volcanion, and zygarde, as well as the ghost girl and the strange souvenir, will be intertwined with the storyline

Well...there's that new bird Pokémon too.

Torpoleon

So, do you guys think CoroCoro next month will have anything good? At best, I feel it will just have the boxart (which would confirm who the version mascots are, thus revealing 2 new Pokémon). Can't really see us getting big information until April, honestly. B2W2 were announced in late February (around the same day as SM, actually), but we didn't get major info until April (and B2W2 released in June in Japan!). Likewise, we got Zorua & Zoroark in February, but Black & White were not confirmed until April and then were released in September.

April to Holiday 2016 (probably November) would be a good pre-release period, even for a new gen.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Rumor is that this is the last Pokemon game, anyone else hearing this?

They (rumor spreaders) said the same thing with BW.
Then again with B2W2.
Then again with XY.
Then again with ORAS.
Then again with S&M.
Then again with whatever they come up next.
Then again with what comes after that.
Then again...

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
So, do you guys think CoroCoro next month will have anything good?

Hm, maybe a reconfirmation that, it IS happening, revealing the clockwork mythical robot mon (forgot it's name xD) is connected to the new games, and maaaaybe the new box art.

The first two, I'm betting.

Rumor is that this is the last Pokemon game, anyone else hearing this?

There's going to be a lot of rumors like this going around (unfortunately), don't believe anything unless it's on the main site. or from another just-as-trustworthy source.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm sorry, we need to address this. Can we all agree to just type out Sun & Moon for the next few years? Like, can we ratify a treaty stating that, in the name of the greater good?

That would set a dangerous precedent. Besides, we've been saying DP for years.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm sorry, we need to address this. Can we all agree to just type out Sun & Moon for the next few years? Like, can we ratify a treaty stating that, in the name of the greater good?

I will sign that treaty. It's not like Sun and Moon even have that long of a title to begin with.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

That would set a dangerous precedent. Besides, we've been saying DP for years.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Alright. Sun & Moon.
It actually feels weird typing it as 'SM', 'S&M' or even 'SuMo'.

Also, can I just say that the Japanese logo, are once again, a lot cooler than ours.

z0mbiesrock

Primal Champion
This afternoon, I recently e-mailed Toby Fox (Creator of Undertale and most of the music in EarthBound) to see if he wanted to do the soundtrack for Sun and Moon.
:p

Pikachu52

I had to look up what your issue with S&M is (by putting S&M into google). Seriously, I think it's clear from the context here that S&M or SM refers to the games and not anything else.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I think we should risk it.

Not quite the same.

I don't know, both seemingly have their gaps that need filled. DP had a fun plot, but few differences between the games made me think we didn't need two at once. As for S&M, such little info is making this wait torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.