• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genos

The Teal Mask
I don't think I'm going to use the special Munchlax. I've used the previous two distributions because I found them useful. I don't see myself using Snorlax for long.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I don't think I'm going to use the special Munchlax. I've used the previous two distributions because I found them useful. I don't see myself using Snorlax for long.

well, it might not be the most useful thing competitively, but I can imagine it being fun as a gimmick to punch one hole in an unprepared team via pulverizing pancake, and then another one via self-destruct (assuming you're using your own snorlax after looting the special z-stone off the distribution). I imagine a lot of opponents will think you used your big KO ace with the first move, and be unprepared for the already-rare second one. At the very least, it might be something I try with my little sister when I go home for Christmas. She'll probably know about the first one, but I doubt she even knows the second is a thing... (mwah ha ha ha ha)

Genos

The Teal Mask
well, it might not be the most useful thing competitively, but I can imagine it being fun as a gimmick to punch one hole in an unprepared team via pulverizing pancake, and then another one via self-destruct (assuming you're using your own snorlax after looting the special z-stone off the distribution). I imagine a lot of opponents will think you used your big KO ace with the first move, and be unprepared for the already-rare second one. At the very least, it might be something I try with my little sister when I go home for Christmas. She'll probably know about the first one, but I doubt she even knows the second is a thing... (mwah ha ha ha ha)
Yeah not for competitively but for my final team against the elite four.

EDIT: I should also point out that using normal types for my playthrough doesn't work out for me.

Which it explains why I won't be using the big fella.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

Well Z-moves are meaningless unless you plan to cough up $29.99 for the stupid bracelet. Oh and also you have to make sure you get the correct crystal, you can get all 9 for only $19.99 on Amazon.

I think this is the first generation where they're actually trying to make you get something extra that should be free. That's why I'm profusely against Z-moves.

It just seems like a desperate cash grab on Pokemon's part. Why is this not free, when Mega evolution was free? Is Z-moves not going to be a plot in the game, like mega evolution was?

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
You don't need them. All they do is make noises, no affect on actual gameplay.

Yeah...unless I, and everyone else, missed something, the Tomi Z-Ring is an optional accessory. You can buy it if you want (and I might, since I'm a bit lacking on the Pokemon merch front), but if you don't, Z-Moves are still usable in-game with no restrictions.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well Z-moves are meaningless unless you plan to cough up $29.99 for the stupid bracelet. Oh and also you have to make sure you get the correct crystal, you can get all 9 for only $19.99 on Amazon.

I think this is the first generation where they're actually trying to make you get something extra that should be free. That's why I'm profusely against Z-moves.

It just seems like a desperate cash grab on Pokemon's part. Why is this not free, when Mega evolution was free? Is Z-moves not going to be a plot in the game, like mega evolution was?

Way to overreact to what's just a side product. It's like being against the Trading Card Game because they also happen to sell mats to play on.. -.-

Long time reader, decided to finally join the forum.

Excited for tonights video. I personally think it might be announcement of the possible trial or just a few new pokemon.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Moncolle figures also have in-game interaction with QR codes... so...

Besides, you must have forgotten e-Cards, Ranger/PBR games, Dream Word/Radar, etc.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom

Uh you do realize that the Z-bracelet toy has no actual bearing on the gameplay itself, and just lights up and makes noise when Z-moves happen in game right? No one is making you buy anything extra to enjoy the games, in the case of the Z-bracelet, it just something extra for added immersion/a toy for kids who will watch the eventual sun and moon anime.

If you're going to complain about Z-moves, at least find a legitimate reason.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Uh you do realize that the Z-bracelet toy has no actual bearing on the gameplay itself, and just lights up and makes noise when Z-moves happen in game right? No one is making you buy anything extra to enjoy the games, in the case of the Z-bracelet, it just something extra for added immersion/a toy for kids who will watch the eventual sun and moon anime.

If you're going to complain about Z-moves, at least find a legitimate reason.

They clearly made a mistake. No need to be hard on them.

Locormus

15 minutes to go, but I've got no clue where to look for the update.. Can anybody help? PM?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Locormus

WolfCypher

I remember a poster no less than a week ago suggested it. I still don't know how that works, since you can always change your internal 3DS clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.