• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I think it would help if the AI was a bit smarter and actually factored in type advantages. I love each and every Pokemon game but I want Sun & Moon to be a game that I'll be playing for months on end after release.
The AI already does it, it's sort of the extent of their move selection process

Even if the AI switched more (I think right now it usually only does this if it absolutely can't do anything to your current pokemon) it probably still wouldn't necessarily be harder.

.Aerodactyl.

I have a valid question for people regarding Pokemon: Sun & Moon Version. Lately I've been playing through X Version again and felt like all the Generation 6 games are to easy, to the point there was never any major challenging or tough battles throughout the games.

Do you think Sun and Moon should be more challenging?

I think it should have a difficulty setting to be honest. Even a simple "normal" and "hard" mode. Because I get why they have to be simple (not because kids CAN'T handle harder games, we did, but the competition in the gaming world is much bigger).

It doesn't look more challenging (as pointed out Guzma seems weak) but some aspects do looked like they could be more challenging (totem battles).

R_N

Yeah, I say bring Challenge Mode back. I loved what it did for B2/W2, and I'd love it if difficulty settings being available from the beginning (it and Easy Mode never should have been unlockables) became a standard feature.

It still blows my mind that they had 2 difficulty modes and locked both behind beating Iris.
Challenge Mode is already baffling, because they made new/reworked teams for most every main story battle (Hugh, Colress & Ghetsis just got the level boost) but the onl yway to see them is to have another person who had already beaten Black 2 (AND SPECIFICALLY black 2) unlock it for you
But Easy Mode was the same way, was also version exclusive and is mostly useless beyond the post game Treehollow/Tower's upper levels.

Absurd.

Blitz Lucario

One thing I need to stop doing is level grinding on every route. That may be partially why I want more of a challenge in the games, I'm simply overpowered. I'm not the type of who worries about EV's, IV's, natures, or abilities. I just wanna have fun exploring the world.

Yeah, Challenge Mode returning would be the best solution, and hopefully have it actually be usable unlike in BW2.

On a related note, I hope they explain better just how the Exp. Share works this time, assuming it works like in gen VI. Dedicated players will probably pay close attention to it, but for new or returning players it can make the games seem very easy without them really knowing why.

BlitzGirl41

The AI already does it, it's sort of the extent of their move selection process

Even if the AI switched more (I think right now it usually only does this if it absolutely can't do anything to your current pokemon) it probably still wouldn't necessarily be harder.

The only issue I would have with smarter AI who consciously switch their Pokemon out for type advantages is that it could become a vicious cycle, with you and the AI keep trying to get the upper hand and then never being able to attack. That's why when I fought against one of my friends in OR/AS we made ourselves a rule that we either don't switch our Pokemon at all unless they are KO'd, or only swap once in the battle, otherwise it would get tedious and drag the fight out.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It still blows my mind that they had 2 difficulty modes and locked both behind beating Iris.
Challenge Mode is already baffling, because they made new/reworked teams for most every main story battle (Hugh, Colress & Ghetsis just got the level boost) but the onl yway to see them is to have another person who had already beaten Black 2 (AND SPECIFICALLY black 2) unlock it for you
But Easy Mode was the same way, was also version exclusive and is mostly useless beyond the post game Treehollow/Tower's upper levels.

Absurd.

Honestly, I was going to let it slide, because at the time I just figured it was GF's way of testing the waters. But when it didn't return in Gen 6, that's when I got upset. Challenge Mode was actually a pretty decent upgrade in difficulty, with the buffed levels, IV's, teams, move sets, held items, and of course AI. It also did a really good job scaling the difficulty, as it didn't throw insane move sets and a 5 level bump at you right off the bat. It eased into thing for the first couple of Gyms, then through the dangerous stuff at you once you had a chance to get an alright team prepared.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
These custom hairstyles are on point! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!

Seeing the female hairstyles is making me consider being a girl on my first one. That giant double pigtail looks dope.

goodpeople25

Wow I though that was a completely different character. But then I was paying more attention to other things in that trailer, like what the poke ride menu means for it, the apparent Tm shop and other shop related stuff (like the clothing store, and the hair salon in the last, Japanese? Trailer) and just appreciating more shots of the region.

Edit: I find that most of the time there's something new, no matter how minor, I for one like the little things and this trailer was full of little things.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Julia Artemis

You've been beaten to the punch. Also, we did get new stuff. Tan Mullet Oak, or TMO as I'll be calling him to save time, our first look at the Poke Ride select screen, and two new Z-Move names (which still need translating).

I'm not sure if it's the case but does this trailer confirm we battle the Trial Captains as well?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The best part of the trailer was Exeggcute's evolution sequence.
Exeggutor just doesn't fit in the screen.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm not sure if it's the case but does this trailer confirm we battle the Trial Captains as well?

I'd say no, seeing as we don't actually see them send anything out. Also, I'm upset that Soph still hasn't gone outside. I want to confirm his island already!

R_N

Those cutscenes of zooming in on them are fairly dynamic, but none of them have the b a t t l e z o n e colorings like Hala did.

Actually, they go by so fast so its hard to tell, but what if they're just showing you the Z Move poses? Mallow's in particular seems like the end of one of htem (probably Bloom Doom)

R_N

Ok yeah I double checked.

Soph is doing the electric pose
Lana is doing the waves motion for the water move
Mallow is doing the growing tree (???) motion for bloom doom

They're showing you the Z Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.