• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumor section should be updated now so it's more up to date.
Nope, two different leakers. Also, it's starting to look like the "Real Leaks" leak only had a few real facts and is making the rest up, based on the slowly but surley emerging inconsistencies.
While what is now labeled (1) has gotten a lot right I'm almost certain that (5) was just some other guy jumping on at this point.

knightwolf09

Im hoping we get starter evolutions soon so my insecruties about litten's evolutions can be quelled.
also
eevee getting its own z-move and possibly
possibly another eeveloution (shush neysayers)
IM SO EXCITED

Or it can be confirmed as true and people will throw a hissy fit and box their starter...like every other gen.

BlitzGirl41

Or it can be confirmed as true and people will throw a hissy fit and box their starter...like every other gen.

Would that really be a problem? The people who like the final evos will use them to their heart's content, while those who don't use them won't be hurting anyone. I honestly have always found at least one Starter in each gen that I either like or can tolerate, so saying that people box their starters "every other gen" is a bit of a reach/generalization.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Customization looks... amazing.

So many options to choose from! I knew going from male player to female player with this game was a good idea!

I'm glad we have confirmation long hair is back. I wanted to have flowing long hair for this game. I will say however that the braided hair shown first is absolutely adorable! I hope girls can have long hair with a crown braid, or any other kind of braided hair really: it looks so good!

Last edited:

LoveMcQueen5683

Idk if this is the place to talk about this but i was hoping the pokemon bank update would be sooner then January.

I wanted my Pokemon ASAP and to register my half completed living dex so i could get the charms quickly.

:'(

And my IV dittos omfg. How am i suppose to breed?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm wondering why they decided that we needed a new currency for clothes(and perhaps other stuff), I thought using regular Pokémon Dollars was completely fine. I hope Festival Coins are acquired through normal gameplay or that we're able to convert regular money into them since I wish to customize my character as early as possible.

I'm actually not too thrilled about this festival coins thing because that's not how one purchases clothes in real life usually. We pay money for them. One thing nice about the X and Y version of the feature is that combined with Lumiose's restaurants, among other things, I could sort of play house so to speak with my cutie.

DSDark

Breeder
Idk if this is the place to talk about this but i was hoping the pokemon bank update would be sooner then January.

I wanted my Pokemon ASAP and to register my half completed living dex so i could get the charms quickly.

I'm sad about my iv dittos too. I like breeding pokemon and having Flawless pokemon. There should be a few good gen VII pokemon and I'd like to start using them competitively. However using the destiny knot from scratch will be annoying

LoveMcQueen5683

I'm sad about my iv dittos too. I like breeding pokemon and having Flawless pokemon. There should be a few good gen VII pokemon and I'd like to start using them competitively. However using the destiny knot from scratch will be annoying

Yeah :/

I guess theres hyper training but its not clear how bottlecaps are obtained. I doubt they'll be common.

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
I'm actually not too thrilled about this festival coins thing because that's not how one purchases clothes in real life usually. We pay money for them. One thing nice about the X and Y version of the feature is that combined with Lumiose's restaurants, among other things, I could sort of play house so to speak with my cutie.

I missed that on the first play threw. I wonder if they are changing to FC for everything in the game. Though I am thrilled I no longer have to wear a hat of any kind.

I know a lot of players feel the same but I am little happy. I will not be tempted to just trade over from the bank. I will have to use the Pokemon in game first. So will be a refreshing start for a full play threw.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I kinda like it. It'll give me a chance to get a living dex of all of the new pokémon before importing my existing one. Also, don't forget that getting competitive mons seems to be fairly easy with this gen, as we now have a method to raise IVs.

goodpeople25

I think the real question is will hyper trained IVs actually pass down through breeding, cause if so and Dittos exist in Alola (if ditto is hyper trainable i guess) and they do I'm pretty sure there would be enough bottlecaps for IVed dittos. (Depending on how many dittos are needed of course, don,t know that much about competive breeding)

TheEliteEmpoleon

I think the real question is will hyper trained IVs actually pass down through breeding, cause if so and Dittos exist in Alola (if ditto is hyper trainable i guess) and they do I'm pretty sure there would be enough bottlecaps for IVed dittos. (Depending on how many dittos are needed of course, don,t know that much about competive breeding)

I don't see why they wouldn't. It would create a huge inconvenience, and counter what GF is trying to help us with Hyper Training in the first place.

noakai

Does anyone think maybe Vivillon's different patterns were a kind of soft test run for what they wanted to do in Gen 7 with Alola forms, Rockruff evos and possibly starter evos if they have more than one? No matter what game it ends up in, it's always going to evolve into a specific pattern based on where it's from, not what game it's currently in. So maybe the Alola forms going forward, Rockruff (and possibly the starter evos) and even the pre-gen 7 Pokemon with Alola forms work that way too - what game they came from (Sun/Moon, or pre-gen 7), determines what what they evolve into no matter what.

goodpeople25

I don't see why they wouldn't. It would create a huge inconvenience, and counter what GF is trying to help us with Hyper Training in the first place.
There's letting new players get their favourites up to standard through likely limited bottle caps and then there's giving them a big leg up on breeding as well. Plus it could just be how they set up the mechanic (15+16 instead of 31), the reasoning could be different. (It could just be because of hidden power) Not saying which one they should do but I think both are possible and reasonable.

TheEliteEmpoleon

There's letting new players get their favourites up to standard through likely limited bottle caps and then there's giving them a big leg up on breeding as well. Plus it could just be how they set up the mechanic (15+16 instead of 31), the reasoning could be different. (It could just be because of hidden power) Not saying which one they should do but I think both are possible and reasonable.

I think the fact that they're trying to push more people into competitive battling is the most likely reason. A lot of the new pokémon revealed so far seem to be providing many new strategies to the game, so it makes sense that obtaining a true competitive team would be made easier along with all of these new starts and whatnot.

goodpeople25

Yeah but depending on how many bottle caps there are they can provide that without having breeding affected. On one hand it can seem simpler but on the other hand breeding is clearly seen as a bit complicated so boosting it dosen't really make it much more accessible to the,.

XXD17

Draco rex
Hey there. After we got our rugby monkey today, I decided to go back and look at the original transcript for the Chinese leak. All the stuff we've known had been shortened for succinctness so I thought maybe we could have missed something. Being a fluent speaker of Mandarin, I went back and translated the conversation word for word. Here it is to anyone who wants to read it. There really isn't anything too new, but there are some aspects that the previous translator didn't address. The bold is the translation and I added some stuff in non-bold.

"Everyone knows that this time, the Chinese dialogue (translation) had participation from Chinese people. The "uncles" on the inside (an affectionate way to refer to localizers, translators, etc...you will get it if you understand the culture. We refer to people older than us as either uncles, aunts, older brothers/ sisters, grandpa, grandma, etc...even if we aren't related) weren't careful and even though information leaks have been mostly contained, a lot of information has actually been leaked to a greater extent. Here is some info, but I can't guarantee legitimacy.

As it has been circulating priorly, there are no gyms in Sun and Moon. This is because the main story involves the creation of a new league. Alola has no league so naturally there are no gym leaders. The plot involves the professor requesting the main character to make a league. In replacement of gym leaders, there are training masters called captains. The replacement for the four heavenly kings (E4) are the island kings (Kahunas) of each island. After the formation of the league, there will be four heavenly kings.

The new bracelet can power up all skills. You can put the diamond stones seen on the game logos onto it. There are a lot of different kinds and they need to be collected very much like mega stones. Some of the diamond stones can even change the form of pokemon. Xiao Zhi frog (Ash-greninja) relies on this device to change form.

The new riding system basically allows you to ride all pokemon. There are unmarked areas on the map known as districts. Within these districts are very powerful pokemon called overlords (or tyrants).

In regards to new pokemon, there is a fire + poison type lizard, stone puppy (rockruff's Chinese name translation) will evolve into a werewolf. (The character used here indicates that rockruff "can" evolve into a werewolf, not that it "has to") There is a new mushroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, olive ball (Chinese for American football or rugby) monkey, sea cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon. The three starter's final forms are an archer, wrestler and siren.

The previously trademarked marshadow is a new mythical beast (legendary pokemon). Its typing is very unique.

At the moment, I only know of this information."

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah but depending on how many bottle caps there are they can provide that without having breeding affected. On one hand it can seem simpler but on the other hand breeding is clearly seen as a bit complicated so boosting it dosen't really make it much more accessible to the,.

There is a shop in Alola where we can exchange something for Bottle Caps.

hypertraining1.jpg

So I don't think regular Caps are limited. The Gold ones, maybe.

Julia Artemis

Hey there. After we got our rugby monkey today, I decided to go back and look at the original transcript for the Chinese leak. All the stuff we've known had been shortened for succinctness so I thought maybe we could have missed something. Being a fluent speaker of Mandarin, I went back and translated the conversation word for word. Here it is to anyone who wants to read it. There really isn't anything too new, but there are some aspects that the previous translator didn't address. The bold is the translation and I added some stuff in non-bold.

"Everyone knows that this time, the Chinese dialogue (translation) had participation from Chinese people. The "uncles" on the inside (an affectionate way to refer to localizers, translators, etc...you will get it if you understand the culture. We refer to people older than us as either uncles, aunts, older brothers/ sisters, grandpa, grandma, etc...even if we aren't related) weren't careful and even though information leaks have been mostly contained, a lot of information has actually been leaked to a greater extent. Here is some info, but I can't guarantee legitimacy.

As it has been circulating priorly, there are no gyms in Sun and Moon. This is because the main story involves the creation of a new league. Alola has no league so naturally there are no gym leaders. The plot involves the professor requesting the main character to make a league. In replacement of gym leaders, there are training masters called captains. The replacement for the four heavenly kings (E4) are the island kings (Kahunas) of each island. After the formation of the league, there will be four heavenly kings.

The new bracelet can power up all skills. You can put the diamond stones seen on the game logos onto it. There are a lot of different kinds and they need to be collected very much like mega stones. Some of the diamond stones can even change the form of pokemon. Xiao Zhi frog (Ash-greninja) relies on this device to change form.

The new riding system basically allows you to ride all pokemon. There are unmarked areas on the map known as districts. Within these districts are very powerful pokemon called overlords (or tyrants).

In regards to new pokemon, there is a fire + poison type lizard, stone puppy (rockruff's Chinese name translation) will evolve into a werewolf. (The character used here indicates that rockruff "can" evolve into a werewolf, not that it "has to") There is a new mushroom pokemon, snowman pokemon, olive ball (Chinese for American football or rugby) monkey, sea cucumber pokemon, dolphin pokemon. The three starter's final forms are an archer, wrestler and siren.

The previously trademarked marshadow is a new mythical beast (legendary pokemon). Its typing is very unique.

At the moment, I only know of this information."

I do think it's very possible that certain Z moves can essentially cause a Mega evolution to happen, I mean with Eevee's Z Move it essentially does this, so maybe not exactly Ash-Greninja but the basic concept of what happens in the anime. Since Sun/Moon seems to be taking a lot of ideas from past seasons of the anime I can see this happening.

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
hmm...
some of this information seems acurate.
If the starter thing is true...
I dont know
I guess I was really hoping for something graceful and dark-type for litten...
I'm still going to choose it though 'cus Iove it to death (maybe they can still do something graceful with wrestaling?)
I'm going to have all the starters evolutions anyway.
I think what we have to remember is GF cant please everyone.
(I might have midday Lycanroc head my team ^.^)

Status
Not open for further replies.