• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Artemis

Fossils would be the next thing Im really looking forward to. They've been in every generation except for the 2nd, so I hope they're continuing that trend. Of course, in lieu of that, if they decided to have a 'primal forest' or something where some of the older generation fossils can actually be found alive in their original state, I;d be happy. We could have Alola forms of Omanyte & Kabuto or something.

Oh that could be cool. Maybe Alolan fossils could be the original forms and not have the Rock typing like Kabuto could be Bug/Water and Omanyte could be Ice/Water or Dark/Water. I'm sort of skeptical on Alola having new fossils, mostly because of how little fossil evidence Hawaii has. Though if there is any my guess it could be giant shellfish or maybe a sea scorpion and a flying Pokemon. Doubt we'll get a big land animal like people want

noakai

Do you think they'll put Mega Stones in the game even if they don't put actual new Mega evos in? Cause you can't Bank the stones, and if you can't trade between gens, then that would mean no mega stones in gen 7, right?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Do you think they'll put Mega Stones in the game even if they don't put actual new Mega evos in? Cause you can't Bank the stones, and if you can't trade between gens, then that would mean no mega stones in gen 7, right?

That logic doesn't track at all. Just because you can't Bank items, that doesn't mean you can't obtain Mega Stones in Gen 7.

noakai

That logic doesn't track at all. Just because you can't Bank items, that doesn't mean you can't obtain Mega Stones in Gen 7.

I guess I wasn't clear. If you can't Bank the stones and they don't make them attainable in Gen 7 on their own, that would mean no way to get them into Gen 7 at all, right? So effectively no Megas in SM or the rest of Gen 7 unless they specifically put in ways for you to get the stones.

gliscor&yanmega

I guess I wasn't clear. If you can't Bank the stones and they don't make them attainable in Gen 7 on their own, that would mean no way to get them into Gen 7 at all, right? So effectively no Megas in SM or the rest of Gen 7 unless they specifically put in ways for you to get the stones.
Basically. But it wouldn't be hard for them to put them in anyways.

LePetitMeow

In regards to the Mega Stones, there may be a way to get them transferred if Bank's update in January allows for those specific items to be sent.

In terms of customization, I'm incredibly happy with the variety of styles (hair, eyes, skin, clothing, colors)! These games were already looking to be (in my eyes) the best games in the franchise. They're really going the extra mile!

I just SERIOUSLY hope all of these extra little features don't detract from making a long story line and nice big post-game. It would be such a shame if we only got four trial captains and the islands ended up being smaller than we anticipate. I'm still waiting for some more reveals for another Electric line, some of the grass evolutions (Morelull and Bounsweet), Salandit's evolution, and to see what the deal with Jangmo-o's line is and an ice line. Then I'll have my entire team built already for Moon! Sun will be purely Alolan Forms, so Marowak, Ninetales, Raichu, Exeggutor, Persian, and a water-type Alolan form hopefully.

noakai

In regards to the Mega Stones, there may be a way to get them transferred if Bank's update in January allows for those specific items to be sent.

In terms of customization, I'm incredibly happy with the variety of styles (hair, eyes, skin, clothing, colors)! These games were already looking to be (in my eyes) the best games in the franchise. They're really going the extra mile!

I just SERIOUSLY hope all of these extra little features don't detract from making a long story line and nice big post-game. It would be such a shame if we only got four trial captains and the islands ended up being smaller than we anticipate. I'm still waiting for some more reveals for another Electric line, some of the grass evolutions (Morelull and Bounsweet), Salandit's evolution, and to see what the deal with Jangmo-o's line is and an ice line. Then I'll have my entire team built already for Moon! Sun will be purely Alolan Forms, so Marowak, Ninetales, Raichu, Exeggutor, Persian, and a water-type Alolan form hopefully.

The Japanese site confirmed there are more trial captains than the ones we've seen so there's that at least. It seems pretty likely there are somewhere around 18, so you get a z crystal from each, but that's jmo. I hope we have something like the Delta Episode or the Looker Detective Agency in this game too, I really enjoyed that.

LePetitMeow

The Japanese site confirmed there are more trial captains than the ones we've seen so there's that at least. It seems pretty likely there are somewhere around 18, so you get a z crystal from each, but that's jmo. I hope we have something like the Delta Episode or the Looker Detective Agency in this game too, I really enjoyed that.

Oh, ok. I somehow missed that confirmation. Woops! Good to know though. I do like the idea of getting each of the elemental Z-Stones from the captains/Kahunas (since Hala gives us the electric one right?). That'll be a nice amount of time to eat up in the game if we have to complete the trial challenge, battle the trial captain (hopefully), and face the Totem Pokemon for that island, and THEN having to battle the Kahuna.

I wasn't too fond of Looker, but the Delta Episode definitely needs to have a successor in these games.

wunderkind

Oh, ok. I somehow missed that confirmation. Woops! Good to know though. I do like the idea of getting each of the elemental Z-Stones from the captains/Kahunas (since Hala gives us the electric one right?). That'll be a nice amount of time to eat up in the game if we have to complete the trial challenge, battle the trial captain (hopefully), and face the Totem Pokemon for that island, and THEN having to battle the Kahuna.

I wasn't too fond of Looker, but the Delta Episode definitely needs to have a successor in these games.

Just to clarify, one of the past trailers (the montage trailer) showed the four known trial captains performing the z-move dances for their respective types. These scenes appeared to be in the overworld rather than in battle, so it suggests that the captains will teach us all of the dances needed to use the z-moves. So far though, there has been nothing suggesting they give us the z-crystals, and actually there really hasn't been any indication on how we get them at all. Also, Sophocles was shown performing the electric dance, so at the very least, Hala won't be teaching us that one (he does own a Crabrawler, though, so fighting is a possibility).

R_N

I mean yes I guess if they decided to not put mega stones anywhere in the game then yes, they would be unavailable. But, like, why would you think they would do this?

they are literally items that 90% of the time are just lying around with no focus put on them. ORAS specifically had no one mention how there's just another 30 of these things sitting around hoenn after kyogre & groudon go crazy. They don't need a special delivery system for these things aside from the Red & Blue orbs.

goodpeople25

Not sure if they specifically mentioned that the lights after the Stooptoplis event was the cause of all the mega stones that appear after it. But they did heavily imply it with wanda giving us and wally the ralts stones. Maybe there are other mentions as well but my memory is a bit spotty and it gets combined with the originals in my head.

R_N

Not sure if they specifically mentioned that the lights after the Stooptoplis event was the cause of all the mega stones that appear after it. But they did heavily imply it with wanda giving us and wally the ralts stones. Maybe there are other mentions as well but my memory is a bit spotty and it gets combined with the originals in my head.

I think I remember Birch mentioning the new Pokemon, but I can't remember stating that more mega stones showed up. Maybe it was just a quick line of dialog I forgot about?

Ah but you know this reminds me, I wonder if this game will do ORAS' weird not-postgame?
ORAS kind of came to a pretty distinct end before the 8th gym, if that makes sense. Elaborate cutscenes and camera angles rounding off the the Primal Kyogre/Groudon fight, just the entire atmosphere felt like it was this close to leading into credits even more so than the other, non BW1 games.
But the thing that struck me the most was how it handled things after the fact. The game pulls you aside, gives you access to the national dex, tells you all kinds of pokemon are now wandering around the region, a ton of mega stones show up, all the legendary pokemon mirage spots are now available, you can get another set of starters (I think I'm getting my timeline there right), etc. I think they even say something akin to "you can go beat the pokemon league or go work on finishing the pokedex!" and that last part's usually a post-game goal.
All that stuff is usually reserved for after beating the league but here it feels like the credits were saved until after the league solely out of tradition.

sheld999

So another update on October 4th, probably another big update. Doubt we'll get anything else for the rest of September, which is fine since we already got a ton. I would imagine the middle stage for the starters will be revealed next month, plus other stuff of course. I might try to avoid November news all together to get some surprises and avoid likely leaks due to the game probably coming out a week early for some places.

yeah and also corocoro and other news ( shown on the weekend tv show in japanj if any )

TyLogic

I think I remember Birch mentioning the new Pokemon, but I can't remember stating that more mega stones showed up. Maybe it was just a quick line of dialog I forgot about?

Ah but you know this reminds me, I wonder if this game will do ORAS' weird not-postgame?
ORAS kind of came to a pretty distinct end before the 8th gym, if that makes sense. Elaborate cutscenes and camera angles rounding off the the Primal Kyogre/Groudon fight, just the entire atmosphere felt like it was this close to leading into credits even more so than the other, non BW1 games.
But the thing that struck me the most was how it handled things after the fact. The game pulls you aside, gives you access to the national dex, tells you all kinds of pokemon are now wandering around the region, a ton of mega stones show up, all the legendary pokemon mirage spots are now available, you can get another set of starters (I think I'm getting my timeline there right), etc. I think they even say something akin to "you can go beat the pokemon league or go work on finishing the pokedex!" and that last part's usually a post-game goal.
All that stuff is usually reserved for after beating the league but here it feels like the credits were saved until after the league solely out of tradition.

Speaking of tradition, don't you wish that in at least 1 game, the motivation for starting your adventure wasn't "get your first pokemon and prove your strength by becoming the champion"? Adding different gym leaders with the exact same motivation is kind of tedious now. I'm a little disappointed that you take on the trials just to become the island challenge champion (seemingly). I just wish the motivation was different. I don't know what it would be but I wish it was different...

R_N

Speaking of tradition, don't you wish that in at least 1 game, the motivation for starting your adventure wasn't "get your first pokemon and prove your strength by becoming the champion"? Adding different gym leaders with the exact same motivation is kind of tedious now. I'm a little disappointed that you take on the trials just to become the island challenge champion (seemingly). I just wish the motivation was different. I don't know what it would be but I wish it was different...

The way the island challenge is phrased makes it sound like a rite of passage in alola. There looks like a lot of ceremony involved with it even outside descriptions like this
One aspect of the unique culture that has developed in the Alola region is the island challenge, an adventurous rite that involves traveling through each of the four islands. This event helps young people grow into fine Pokémon Trainers.

Which, yes, the end goal is the same, I guess, but at least its presented differently.

TyLogic

The way the island challenge is phrased makes it sound like a rite of passage in alola. There looks like a lot of ceremony involved with it even outside descriptions like this

Which, yes, the end goal is the same, I guess, but at least its presented differently.

Differently enough I guess. It'd be cool if one of the trials was a race against Hau!

Rhynox

I personally hope they do away with rock type only fossils. I love the rock type but fossils usually don't fare super well

TyLogic

I personally hope they do away with rock type only fossils. I love the rock type but fossils usually don't fare super well

I thought people liked Cranidos and Archen? Are those the only good ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.