• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I suppose it depends how exclusive they want it to be, although I don't really see why they'd want to keep something that was a huge part of the anime unique to a demo. I wonder if Battle Bond will just replace Protean as its Hidden Ability.

For a passable ability: Sure, I am fine with this.
Replacing Protean as its hidden ability: I sure hope not.

Seriously, I am not sure what I think will happen with this new ability. I can see id being breedable, but I can also see it being some exclusive thing.

R_N

Festival Plaza looks great. Basically an online join avenue. AKA exactly what join avenue should have been in the first place.

Pokepelago is also a great option since it sounds like you can check in on it at any time through the menu and use all the many pokemon you're not using for all kinds of things.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Festival Plaza looks great. Basically an online join avenue. AKA exactly what join avenue should have been in the first place.

Pokepelago is also a great option since it sounds like you can check in on it at any time through the menu and use all the many pokemon you're not using for all kinds of things.

If only the millions of Eggs in our PC could do something to hatch faster...

But yeah it's awesome Join Avenue is back in a cool way.

I just hope they learned from ORAS and to not spoil everything in the coding.

I loved Join Avenue and it's great that they're bringing something similar back with better online support.
I'm a tad bit skeptical if this is the only way to access customization, since Join Avenue took some time to properly build up, and it could be hard to get customized before you have finished the main story. Either way I think something like this can do wonders for the post game.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
So is this Festive Plaza a combination of PSS and Join Avenue. Because the Japanese one shows them doing trading there?

R_N

I loved Join Avenue and it's great that they're bringing something similar back with better online support.
I'm a tad bit skeptical if this is the only way to access customization, since Join Avenue took some time to properly build up, and it could be hard to get customized before you have finished the main story. Either way I think something like this can do wonders for the post game.

I'm guessing it's not literally like Join Avenue. I'm guessing there will be no need to build up the plaza and slowly level it up. Maybe tie it to game progress or festival coins to allow for more options.

also: they basically brought back funfest missions too. I'm glad the Gen 5 side features are finally coming back.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Oh. Ice Stone has been revealed. That means, we now know how to evolve Alolan Vulpix, most likely.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Image taken from the official Spanish site.

Huh.My first guesswas that someone had mistakenly claimed that an Icy Rock was a new Evolutionary Stone, but nope, that is an Ice Stone.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm so glad we are getting a demo and we don't even have to wait that long. I wish we could use the starters though. I don't care about Ash greninja mostly because I don't like Ash and I don't watch the anime..

Bus

Odd that its actually keeping that name, Ash-Greninja. I would have thought it would have been some kind of 'Bond form' Greninja or something. For Ash to suddenly exist within the games seems weird to me. I mean, it would be cool if we could fight him; Misty, Brock, and the all the others accompanying Ash all exist within the game, but Ash himself has never actually been a character. The closest we got was 'Red' (which would be awesome to see a return from).

R_N

Odd that its actually keeping that name, Ash-Greninja. I would have thought it would have been some kind of 'Bond form' Greninja or something. For Ash to suddenly exist within the games seems weird to me. I mean, it would be cool if we could fight him; Misty, Brock, and the all the others accompanying Ash all exist within the game, but Ash himself has never actually been a character. The closest we got was 'Red' (which would be awesome to see a return from).

well, he exists in the demo which is its own thing.

I find it funnier that it's still called Ash-Greninja despite turning into the form when it bonds with you. And a bond entirely unrelated to either actual bond gameplay mechanic.
What a goofy thing ash greninja is

.Aerodactyl.

I love all the new features! I now feel way less guilty boxing Pokémon cause now in my mind I can pretend they just all go their happy little island paradise XD. And it seemsnwe only got a glimpse of three of the islands we will eventually be able to build up... hopefully one of them, (mayen the hut island in the middle?) Will be a little hatchery where eggs can be incubated and slowly take down their step count and get them closer to hatching...I imagine they wouldn't actually hatch until you take them in your party though. Here's hoping this is a feature!

Love all the online features stuff with festival plaza and can't wait to try it out, and dare I hope that the new stuff with PGL means we can finally have some 6v6 battles more rapidly online now :D? They do seem to be encouraging the competitive scene... Love that we can finally set more than one battle team.

As far as customization goes, I think it's just gonna be the clothes dying that we do in festival plaza, I'm hoping that a majority of the clothes themselves will still be bought in town. So far, we've only seen the dye works shop, and it seems to only do dye stuff and not sell the clothes.

Ash-greninja being called Ash-greninja doesn't surprise me at all, especially since you seem.rk get it from ash. I honestly figured if we ever saw him in game he's be a special give away Pokémon...and it finally outs to rest that aspect of the Chinese leak. Chinese leak may have for a lot right, but it's info on z-crystals and forms was certainly wrong, and I think its whole "build a league" thing is also going to be faulty.

R_N

Ash-greninja being called Ash-greninja doesn't surprise me at all, especially since you seem.rk get it from ash. I honestly figured if we ever saw him in game he's be a special give away Pokémon...and it finally outs to rest that aspect of the Chinese leak. Chinese leak may have for a lot right, but it's info on z-crystals and forms was certainly wrong, and I think its whole "build a league" thing is also going to be faulty.

Oh yeah, the z crystals are totally unrelated to greninja, huh?
I wonder if he just misinterpreted something or made an assumption based on seeing early development stuff about z crystals.
In that light, maybe he misinterpreted how the league stuff works. Maybe the Kahunas double as the elite 4 before fighting the island champion, rather than us "gathering/building" them

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I hope Ash-Greninja isn't the only pokemon we use in the demo.

I'd like a little bit of diversity. Also, I'd like the ability to catch some 'mons. Like, we can catch up to 10 pokemon, and out of that ten, we can select three to be sent to the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.