• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aerodactyl.

With the reveal of Ash-Greninja, and that actually still being its name, the 4th leak in that poster of leaks, The 'real Leaks' leak, is still not deconfirmed. That means we can start looking at some of its other bits of information with some hope.
-S.S. Anne appearance
-Larger (though not by much) roster from last gen; which probably means that we can probably make an educated guess at this point to the amount added.
*71 pokemon added last Gen along with 30 Mega evolutions for a total of 101
*So, if this pans out, what sounds legitimate as 'larger, but not by much'? 85 new pokemon + 30 Alola form Pokemon for a total of 115 new altogether? That's my guess
-Appearances by Cynthia, Zinnia, Looker, Blue, AZ, and Lance- That could be pretty cool if an old rumor I read that you can battle them aboard the S.S. Anne is true.

I just really want the two stage cat-mon to be a real thing! I love breeding gimmicks and love the idea of Pokémon I can choose the second type on :D Don't want to set myself up for disappointment if it's not real though...

Bus

Hmm, maybe but what im thinking is maybe ash makes some sort of appearance in the demo and gives you the Ash-Greninja, I dont believe that specific part of the real leaks leak is not true due to the fact the pokemon company pretty much confirmed that we are not getting more mega's but I could be wrong, they might surprise us!

(And on the side note, what pokemon is your avatar? I cant quite figure it out lol)

I dont think we're getting new megas either; I was just listing what was introduced in generation 6 and making an educated guess for what would be a total for 7 by just subbing out new megas for new alola forms lol. Though we could get one or two megas in the form of a Mega Magierna or something.

As for my avatar, its a picture of Mewtwo as he was destroying Rocket's lab in the first movie.

I just really want the two stage cat-mon to be a real thing! I love breeding gimmicks and love the idea of Pokémon I can choose the second type on :D Don't want to set myself up for disappointment if it's not real though...

That would be really cool! I'm hoping for it as well as it could lead to a lot of interesting type combos like Normal/Ghost. Hopefully it would have some kind of signature move that would take advantage of its added element or at least a wide movepool so that it can at least get STAB from some of its more unique combinations. Can you imagine if it were actually competitive worthy? It would be a major pain to have to predict which version your opponent is running and what moveset! The possibilities are nuts.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I look forward to it. ;)

You and I both. :rolleyes: It's so exciting to know what's coming! And I really wanna get a draft of my team. The most fun about the pre-XY hype was when those people got early release copies and dished out everything excitingly new and refreshing. I know it bothers some but I hope they get much awaited information in that demo. 10 days! :D

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

I dont think we're getting new megas either; I was just listing what was introduced in generation 6 and making an educated guess for what would be a total for 7 by just subbing out new megas for new alola forms lol. Though we could get one or two megas in the form of a Mega Magierna or something.

As for my avatar, its a picture of Mewtwo as he was destroying Rocket's lab in the first movie.

That would be really cool! I'm hoping for it as well as it could lead to a lot of interesting type combos like Normal/Ghost. Hopefully it would have some kind of signature move that would take advantage of its added element or at least a wide movepool so that it can at least get STAB from some of its more unique combinations. Can you imagine if it were actually competitive worthy? It would be a major pain to have to predict which version your opponent is running and what moveset! The possibilities are nuts.

The only thing I wonder/worry though, is egg groups. Is it possible for one Pokémon of every type to be in its egg group? Because it would have to be the primary type as well...

wunderkind

Huh. Well I'll be. Ash-Greninja is actually a real thing now. I kind of doubted it before, but I'm not complaining. With its form being tied to its ability, it makes me think that, at least for now, it will be exclusive to Greninja.

Festival Plaza seems neat. It looks like festival coins will only be for dyeing clothes, not buying them.

Poke Pelago is pretty cool. I like that my boxed Pokemon can do something now. I also really like that one of the islands looks to be an efficient way of getting evolutionary stones. In anticipation for Sun and Moon, I decided to actually complete the Pokedex (which, despite my 18 years of playing Pokemon, I've never actually done), but it's been driving me crazy how annoying it is to collect the necessary number of stones.

R_N

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else worried about people datamining the demo after it's release & spoiling everything just like they did for the OR/AS demo?

I'm not worried because it will 100% definitely happen. There's not going to be a thing where all hackers take a solemn vow not to datamine it. And it's bigger than the ORAS demo was so there's a good chance there's even more things in it which would go beyond unbelievable but here we are.

i don't look forward to the month long argument that "no no, it's a demo, so there could still be more pokemon/forms/megas/etc"

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm partial to not getting a spoiler for literally everything in this game... I kinda wanna enjoy the adventure all over again like I did up until Gen 5, where spoilers become the thing for me

Everlasting

Everything stays.
i don't look forward to the month long argument that "no no, it's a demo, so there could still be more pokemon/forms/megas/etc"

I never fully grasped the concept of game demos. They contain all the information of the full game(s) in their data, right ? Aren't there mesures to protect the games from being datamined ? Can't they put some kind of barrier or cut the unnecessary information ?

Again, I don't know much about game making and I look forward to the information leaking everywhere, but there are people wanting to keep the surprise and I want to know if there is a chance they won't have to hide for a month.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else worried about people datamining the demo after it's release & spoiling everything just like they did for the OR/AS demo?
I am also looking forward to a leak from the demo. I want to know the full dex (and preferably Pokemon locations) so I can plan my team. :)

The only thing I wonder/worry though, is egg groups. Is it possible for one Pokémon of every type to be in its egg group? Because it would have to be the primary type as well...
We were talking about this at length in another thread. The egg group that would make the most sense is Field, which is also the most varied, however it does not contain every type. (I think Bug, Dragon and Ghost are missing). You also have to consider whether it inherits the primary type of a Pokemon with two. If that is the case, Rock and Flying are not represented either, as Flying is almost always a secondary typing and the Rhyhorn line are the only Rock types in Field, and their Rock typing is secondary to Ground.

scififan21

Yeah I had to harvest via Super Training for Evo stones. Trade with items were what bothered me the most for completion. I have it done now though and ready for transfer. :)

Gizmoa

I never fully grasped the concept of game demos. They contain all the information of the full game(s) in their data, right ? Aren't there mesures to protect the games from being datamined ? Can't they put some kind of barrier or cut the unnecessary information ?

Again, I don't know much about game making and I look forward to the information leaking everywhere, but there are people wanting to keep the surprise and I want to know if there is a chance they won't have to hide for a month.

Demos do not always contain all of the data in a game, but sometimes they do if the engine gets copied and pasted and just won't run without the full data set or if someone forgets to clean out the data. This demo could contain all of the pokemon data, or it might not. It depends on when and how it was made (for example, if they made it mid development, it might have incorrect data in it from things changing later, or if it was made first or fully cleaned, only have the data it absolutely needs, or if it was made late with a time crunch, have all the stats in it). When I make demo's it is usually mid-late development and I usually replace the data pools with ones made just for the demo, thus they can not be mined.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
And it's bigger than the ORAS demo was so there's a good chance there's even more things in it which would go beyond unbelievable but here we are.

And here I thought that GameFreak would learn and remove unnecessary stuff. The ORAS datamine torpedoed my hype for it so I fear I may have to go into hiding on the 18th, especially with brand new Pokemon and characters involved.

.Aerodactyl.

I am also looking forward to a leak from the demo. I want to know the full dex (and preferably Pokemon locations) so I can plan my team. :)

We were talking about this at length in another thread. The egg group that would make the most sense is Field, which is also the most varied, however it does not contain every type. (I think Bug, Dragon and Ghost are missing). You also have to consider whether it inherits the primary type of a Pokemon with two, as if that is the case, Rock and Flying are not represented either, as Flying is almost always a secondary typing and the Rhyhorn line are the only Rock types in Field, and their Rock typing is secondary to Ground.

Field is the obvious one...but if you did field and monster you'd get every type combo but flying, bug and ghost. But of course, we also don't know what new Pokémons egg groups will be. Looking at the fairy egg group, if Mimmikyu is in it and cutiefly, that would give us rock, bug, & ghost on top of the field group. Then we'd only be missing dragon and flying (they would have to do flying differently anyway though since it's almost never a primary type). If we could even get one primary dragon type in the field egg group, we'd be laughing! Cause then the Field and Fairy group would encompass all the types save flying :D

R_N

How much "full game" stuff demos has varies greatly from demo to demo. Smash 3DS' demo (to my knowledge) didn't have the cast or stages listed outside what it needed, for example.

The probablem with the ORAS demo was that it got rid of all the models, music and textures it didn't need, and i'm guessing stuff like event triggers weren't there, but not much else.
So while we couldn't see it, we still knew Hoopa Unbound existed, that it was triggered by an item, it's typing, stats & movepool.

All pokemon had all their relevant data listed in it so we could see that there were no more megas and we could see their stats and any move pool changes. The full game worth of enviroments weren't in there, but we had title cards and text listing off all the different mirage islands and town names and so forth. The music files were (so far as I rememebr?) empty but all the file listings were there. While some trainers were altered for use in the demo and the omega ruby exclusive trainers weren't there, all the other trainers were and as such we knew about e4 rematches. We knew there was someone called Zinnia and that she was heavily involved in something, but we didn't know what she looked like.
I think most, but not all, of the text was in the game. At the very least, a large portion of the Delta Episode's script was.

If I had to guess, they probably didn't clean up any of that information because it wasn't very large in filesize. Maybe they didn't want to deal with making a new build without all that backend junk?

If we want to be optimistic, maybe the file size is larger because the demo itself is more involved and draws on more music, models and all that jazz. And maybe they wizened up and scrubbed everything else down the best they could.
Cuz they have to know that otherwise, all that information will spread pretty quickly.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Demos do not always contain all of the data in a game, but sometimes they do if the engine gets copied and pasted and just won't run without the full data set or if someone forgets to clean out the data. This demo could contain all of the pokemon data, or it might not. It depends on when and how it was made (for example, if they made it mid development, it might have incorrect data in it from things changing later, or if it was made first or fully cleaned, only have the data it absolutely needs, or if it was made late with a time crunch, have all the stats in it). When I make demo's it is usually mid-late development and I usually replace the data pools with ones made just for the demo, thus they can not be mined.

How much "full game" stuff demos has varies greatly from demo to demo. Smash 3DS' demo (to my knowledge) didn't have the cast or stages listed outside what it needed, for example.

The probablem with the ORAS demo was that it got rid of all the models, music and textures it didn't need, and i'm guessing stuff like event triggers weren't there, but not much else.
So while we couldn't see it, we still knew Hoopa Unbound existed, that it was triggered by an item, it's typing, stats & movepool.

All pokemon had all their relevant data listed in it so we could see that there were no more megas and we could see their stats and any move pool changes. The full game worth of enviroments weren't in there, but we had title cards and text listing off all the different mirage islands and town names and so forth. The music files were (so far as I rememebr?) empty but all the file listings were there. While some trainers were altered for use in the demo and the omega ruby exclusive trainers weren't there, all the other trainers were and as such we knew about e4 rematches. We knew there was someone called Zinnia and that she was heavily involved in something, but we didn't know what she looked like.
I think most, but not all, of the text was in the game. At the very least, a large portion of the Delta Episode's script was.

If I had to guess, they probably didn't clean up any of that information because it wasn't very large in filesize. Maybe they didn't want to deal with making a new build without all that backend junk?

If we want to be optimistic, maybe the file size is larger because the demo itself is more involved and draws on more music, models and all that jazz. And maybe they wizened up and scrubbed everything else down the best they could.
Cuz they have to know that otherwise, all that information will spread pretty quickly.

That's... really interesting, thank you both! I truly wonder if we'll be able to draw information out of that demo this time aorund as well. Gotta wait I suppose.

On another topic, I don't know if it's been mentioned in the past, but the 'Real leaks' leak stated that Butterfree would get an Alolan form but the trailer today has shown a regular Butterfree being traded for a Bewear. One more stone flung at this specific leak I suppose.

Kalosian

So long
New info, and it's pretty awesome.

- I really like the music used in the beginning, it feels different in a good way.
- The middle stages for the starters are all awesome. I can't pick a favorite. Dartrix is really cool. Torracat too, it is great improvement over Litten. Brionne is adorable. I don't have a clear favorite like I did last generation where I liked Frogadier the best (and I still do). Going to wait until the final stages have been revealed before I make my decision though (don't say "look at the leaks", because I don't want to, I'd rather wait until the final stages are officially revealed).
- Festival Plaza. This feels like a spiritual successor to Join Avenue in B2/W2 and that's awesome because I loved Join Avenue. It seems to work a bit differently though but I guess it will all be clear when the games are out.
- Poke Pelago. Seems great that the Pokemon in the PC boxes will get to do something as well.
- I'm so happy that they finally confirmed the return of Mega Evolution. Even if they don't make any new Megas for these games, that's still okay since there are many currently existing ones that I haven't used yet. Still hoping for new ones but I'm so happy about the feature in itself returning that I don't really mind if we don't get any new ones, it doesn't seem to be the main focus this generation anyway. The Mega animation looks a bit different too.
- Not sure if I like the fact that there will be a demo. I sincerely hope it won't be the same disaster as the OR/AS demo was, that would be a pain.
- Also, Ash-Greninja. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it is in the games, but somehow I still am as I thought it would be an Anime-exclusive thing. Since it is only available through the Demo, I might get the Demo myself if I should feel like it. But maybe not before the games are released if it is still available after they have been released. Will wait and see how I do.

Overall, I'm very happy about the news in this trailer, it was one of the best ones in a while. Really looking forward to the games now. November 23rd is a day I can't wait for!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Loved today's video!

-Starter mid-evos finally delivered, I really love Litten's! :D
-Two new features, both look cool.
-Mega Evolution confirmation. I'm willing to bet they never planned to reannounce them but decided to because for some reason people thought they'd be scrapped.
-Demo... Plz no story leaks.
-Ash-Greninja, woaj. I excepted it in the game, but I can't believe they didn't change the name...

scififan21

I don't know if I really care for Ash-Greninja maybe it wouldn't bug me if the name was changed, Haven't watched the anime since I was nine for pete's sake. x_x

Hauke_von_Arding

I don't know if I really care for Ash-Greninja maybe it wouldn't bug me if the name was changed, Haven't watched the anime since I was nine for pete's sake. x_x

The current arc (XY and especially XYZ) are quiet cool actually. There are many who call it the best arc ever. Very dark theme currently.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Regarding the Sun/Moon demo, hopefully the only info on it is just the Pokedex and stuff on Ash-Greninja (since it is tied to the demo). Said information wouldn't hurt for people planning their teams but anything more would cause a massive salt storm or force users to take a brief break from all Pokemon fan sites and social media if they wish to avoid spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.