• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Do we have any confirmation that Festival Plaza works with Wi-Fi? I have serious doubts that it will be restricted to Street Pass somehow.

BlitzGirl41

I feel like the Kahunas are like the Elite 4, thought their system is different. Instead of fighting them one by one you fight them as big bosses. That's what I think anyway.

But the E4 are fought at the very end of the game as a test of the skills you've honed through all your challenges. The Kahuna are just the bosses for each island/island trial.

knightwolf09

But the E4 are fought at the very end of the game as a test of the skills you've honed through all your challenges. The Kahuna are just the bosses for each island/island trial.

What you just said actually does sound like the kahunas. Testing your skills you've gained from the challenges so you can progress.

Akashin

What you just said actually does sound like the kahunas. Testing your skills you've gained from the challenges so you can progress.

Yes and no. They fill a similar role in theory, but that they're neither at the end nor the pinnacle of what you face, unlike the E4.

BlitzGirl41

Yes and no. They fill a similar role in theory, but that they're neither at the end nor the pinnacle of what you face, unlike the E4.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. The Kahuna (yes, I am using that as plural since, just like Japanese, Hawaiian does not add "s" to the end. Kind of like English sheep, fish, etc.) test you before you can proceed to the next island, whereas the E4 are the highest challenge after all is said and done.

glacialcat

There will, of course, be some sort of ultimate challenge to end the game with.

It is possible that the Elite 4, or some suspiciously similar substitute, will be this ultimate challenge. We have no way of knowing for sure. At this point however we have seen so much that breaks away from tradition that it is equally, maybe even more likely, that it would cap off with something else instead.

A final fight versus the strongest Ultra Beast, a final fight against Lusamine or Guzma, a fight against a legendary Pokemon, all seem entirely possible. Remember that we've had a game where we got the credits without even challenging a Champion before, B/W. The final fight of the initial story there is against N and Ghetsis, not Alder.

Who knows, maybe the final fight will be a Battle Royale between Lusamine, Guzma, [Unknown important NPC], and yourself. Probably not though.

The one bit of evidence supporting an Elite 4 is that the Hiker did mention a "Champion."

knightwolf09

Exactly the point I was trying to make. The Kahuna (yes, I am using that as plural since, just like Japanese, Hawaiian does not add "s" to the end. Kind of like English sheep, fish, etc.) test you before you can proceed to the next island, whereas the E4 are the highest challenge after all is said and done.

I did say it would be different. So far it doesn't seem there needs to be an Elite 4 to become champion.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Well fairies in pokemon are glitter and shimmer and whimsy and moon light, they are like the helpful guardians that protect stuff from destruction, while Fighting types are the honorable heroes who actively go after the threat.

I wouldn't say all of them. Mawile and Klefki are more along the lines of traditionally crafty and mischievous fairies.

Orphalesion

I wouldn't say all of them. Mawile and Klefki are more along the lines of traditionally crafty and mischievous fairies.

True, but even so, Klefki is more "cute mischievous" than "let's shoot people with stone arrows so they have excruciating back pains!" mischievous like traditional fairies. That being said helpful and protective fairies are also traditional, just different traditions.

Sabre_King

The suspense is real waiting for the rest of CoroCoro to be revealed at this point if its not revealed tomorrow then the reveal on Friday might as well give clarification to all the unconfirmed images in CoroCoro. I am just hyped to hear the possibility of info on Null and Jangmo-o.

TyLogic

The suspense is real waiting for the rest of CoroCoro to be revealed at this point if its not revealed tomorrow then the reveal on Friday might as well give clarification to all the unconfirmed images in CoroCoro. I am just hyped to hear the possibility of info on Null and Jangmo-o.

Yeah, but there is a possibility that they don't really show anything about them, which is why I'm worried. It took a while for Bewear and Mimikyu to be revealed in a trailer.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Yeah, but there is a possibility that they don't really show anything about them, which is why I'm worried. It took a while for Bewear and Mimikyu to be revealed in a trailer.
Not really, they were revealed, like, two or three days after CoroCoro (officially) came out.

If anything Rockruff and Komala were the ones we had to wait awhile for...

TyLogic

Not really, they were revealed, like, two or three days after CoroCoro (officially) came out.

If anything Rockruff and Komala were the ones we had to wait awhile for...

Well, if I'm correct, Bewear and Mimikyu were revealed in CoroCoro on July 12th, but their trailer (The one that also revealed Wimpod) didn't show until July 19th. They were also in a japanese trailer before then.

So, regardless, they will be revealed soon (I think), but it's how soon that's got me wondering. Plus the initial trailer after the september issue didn't feature anything about Lycanroc.

And yeah. Your right about Rockruff and Komala.

Metafogos

I think the 14th reveal will not show anything of the CoroCoro reveal in (offially) 15th. Because if they do it, "no one" will get the CoroCoro.

The CoroCoro info will be in the next reveal after 14th.

Probably...

R_N

I think the 14th reveal will not show anything of the CoroCoro reveal in (offially) 15th. Because if they do it, "no one" will get the CoroCoro.

The CoroCoro info will be in the next reveal after 14th.

Probably...

It will probably be like last month: a site-only update with one specific bit of information (Alolan Grimer, perhaps), that might get a trailer outside of japan, and then an actual update 2 weeks later with the rest of the corocoro information

future.newyorker

I'm betting we get final starter evolutions on the 14, so that we know about them before them demo is released. The OR/AS demo allowed us to evolve our middle form starter into its final form, so if they're doing that again, they may want to show us the evolutions before the demo.

TyLogic

I heard that, after the demo is released, the Chinese Riddler won't post any more riddles because of the demo getting hacked. Even he thinks the demo will get datamined...

Azhdarcho

I've been wondering if perhaps the Kahunas will provide one last challenge at the end of the journey. You fight each one on each island at an appropriate level for where you are in the journey, but perhaps at the end, they fight you all in a row with their "real" team, or with their respective guardian, to have you prove that you've grown on your journey.

R_N

I'm betting we get final starter evolutions on the 14, so that we know about them before them demo is released. The OR/AS demo allowed us to evolve our middle form starter into its final form, so if they're doing that again, they may want to show us the evolutions before the demo.

I think the more likely thing is they just wont let you evolve the starters.

The bit of footage we have has us only using Ash Greninja. Presumably, on subsequent plays of the demo we get some other pokemon since that greninja has to be transferred to the full game but i imagine it will just be the starting forms or the middle forms and exp will probably be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.