• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

I've been wondering if perhaps the Kahunas will provide one last challenge at the end of the journey. You fight each one on each island at an appropriate level for where you are in the journey, but perhaps at the end, they fight you all in a row with their "real" team, or with their respective guardian, to have you prove that you've grown on your journey.

I would svtually prefer that to the traditional elite 4. To me the traditional Elite 4 just always seemed kinda weird/awkward as those people who, for some reason just sit around in the league headquarters and wait for challengers all day (are they getting paid to do so? Do they have day jobs?) and tbh except for the Kanto ones (who they keep shoving down our throats) I can scarcely remember any of them. This way would tie them closer to the soryline.

future.newyorker

I think the more likely thing is they just wont let you evolve the starters.

The bit of footage we have has us only using Ash Greninja. Presumably, on subsequent plays of the demo we get some other pokemon since that greninja has to be transferred to the full game but i imagine it will just be the starting forms or the middle forms and exp will probably be disabled.

I assume that Ash-Greninja will be like Glalie/Steelix in the OR/AS demo. But I could be wrong.

TyLogic

So apparently, the Chinese Riddler said that the pokemon in Lillie's bag is already on his chart, and that we can get clues about the other Island Guardians by looking at Type:Null's design.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The wait is almost as painful as the demo release date

future.newyorker

Considering they specifically talk about the demo, it's safe to assume that it was footage of the demo.

But it was never confirmed to be footage of the demo. I don't doubt you being able to use Ash-Greninja in the demo (considering there was footage of Ash-Greninja battling a level 36 Pikipek, and why would that be in the main game?), but I don't think Ash-Greninja will be the only Pokémon that you would use in the demo, and what better Pokémon to use than the ones you're going to be starting your journey with in the full games?

MartiniTheDratini

I'm betting we get final starter evolutions on the 14, so that we know about them before them demo is released. The OR/AS demo allowed us to evolve our middle form starter into its final form, so if they're doing that again, they may want to show us the evolutions before the demo.

They're not gonna do that. The only reason they showed the final evos for ORAS is because those games are remakes; pretty much everyone already knew what those starters evolve in to. That's not the case for Sun/Moon. Chances are, the final evos for the Sun/Moon starters won't be officially revealed until after the game is released.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The OR/AS demo allowed us to evolve our middle form starter into its final form, so if they're doing that again, they may want to show us the evolutions before the demo.

ORAS was also a remake of older games, and we knew about the existence of Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert far prior to the demo's release.

Presumably, SM's demo isn't going to simply be a cut/paste of ORAS's into the Gen VII engine with relevant Gen VII substitutions, and it could be made taking into account that the starter evolutions wouldn't be revealed yet.

R_N

How do we know that that was footage of the demo, and not the full game?

Because the battle scene they show has the player with a special scene of it looking at the greninja pokeball as it throws it out as the scene accompanying talking about the demo.

TyLogic

Trying to remember when the 6th Gen starter Final evolution's were revealed... think it was like a week or so before the game was released

It was in September if I'm correct. Also, I think that today is the day that X and Y came out.

LoveMcQueen5683

This Corocoro leak is taking forever. I could have flown to japan and stole this kids magazine and post this stuff myself by now.

And im just assuming he lives in japan idk.

R_N

Trying to remember when the 6th Gen starter Final evolution's were revealed... think it was like a week or so before the game was released

unofficially, greninja leaked about a week or so early by a reviewer (along with hawlucha).
I can't remember when XY broke the streetdate, but once that happened we saw the other 2

CoroCoro actually did reveal the starter evos for that month, but it was an issue set to come out after the games were already out iirc.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
They were revealed in CoroCoro, which leaked early but officially came out on October 15th, two days after XY released. (Edit: Greninja'd)

This Corocoro leak is taking forever. I could have flown to japan and stole this kids magazine and post this stuff myself by now.

And im just assuming he lives in japan idk.
Wouldn't he have to live in Japan to get the magezine? :p

TyLogic

Japan is thirteen hours ahead right? So it's in the afternoon for them. It shouldn't take too long before the rest of the pages leaks.

And here we have the rest of the scans...

I don't really like the design of Jungmo'os evolutions, but I guess they are okay. There were worse ones before. Its scales looks like shields. High def stat probably?

Type:Nulls evolution is basically the form change I expected. It loses its helmet and that's it. Maybe an evolution works better with it changing its stats and ability?
It evolves when it trusts its trainer. A friendship evolution then?

The trial captain we already saw the name of is confirmed now. Guy with pink hair. Nothing much to say. I would assume he's for normal types.

Seeing that face of Anime-Ash my first thought was "kill it with fire!" I really don't like the new look of Ash. With X and Y the story became more mature than the seasons before and now it seems Alola will be the most childish generation Anime wise. Oh well, we'll see.

shadowF

Would you guys be ok if we did not have a big post game as long as the main story is big? Because judging from the previews it seems like we are in for a very in depth main story in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.