• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Personally I find Pokemon S&M a hilarious acronym and I'm going to continue to use it.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
Eh, it's not like the fandom's so squeaky clean that we can't have that as a running gag. I heard more jokes that dwarfs the "unfortunate" lettering. xD

Cutty

Forever now
Are you telling me you refuse to be signatory to this treaty?

Is like asking are you a likeable member in this forum? :p

Sun&Moon sounds like Ariana Grande's new album yanno.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Whats wrong w/ SM. Sounds like Smh.
If they do a 3rd installation to sun & moon I hope it starts with a H :^)

My #1 want is character customization back like we had in x&y but idk if they plan to keep that as x&y's niche or not. Other than that I just want tons and tons of new 'mons. ^3^

eddiplayer435

Clumsy Trainer
Hey guys, I think I saw something in one of the pictures taken from the direct.

In the picture with the Horsea statue, above the doors, there are a bunch of Water-type Pokémon, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Krabby. However, one of them doesn't look like a Pokémon I've ever seen before. It's the one between Chinchou and Horsea. Not sure if it's a new Pokémon, or if I'm just really bad at "Who's the Pokémon?," but idk. Let me know if I'm right or it's nonsense. :p

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

In the picture with the Horsea statue, above the doors, there are a bunch of Water-type Pokémon, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Krabby. However, one of them doesn't look like a Pokémon I've ever seen before. It's the one between Chinchou and Horsea. Not sure if it's a new Pokémon, or if I'm just really bad at "Who's the Pokémon?," but idk. Let me know if I'm right or it's nonsense. :p

I think that's Magikarp. Kind of hard to tell with the zoom quality, but I'm pretty sure.

Look at your avatar, now look at the picture again. Notice a resemblance?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

I think that's Magikarp. Kind of hard to tell with the zoom quality, but I'm pretty sure.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I'm sorry, we need to address this. Can we all agree to just type out Sun & Moon for the next few years? Like, can we ratify a treaty stating that, in the name of the greater good?

Lol.

I wonder what'll happen when Serebii has to go about naming the Pokedex on the main site. SM Dex? S&M Dex?

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Personally I find Pokemon S&M a hilarious acronym and I'm going to continue to use it.

Watch a bunch of fans make inappropriate artwork for couples of characters from these games while putting Pokemon "S&M" as the title. But I think SM is alright to use purely because of how we've always used the same kind of abbreviation. I don't think we should see it as an issue.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Yeah, I think that people are just being immature in regards to these abbreviations. If it's really that big of an issue, then just type out M/S, problem solved.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Watch a bunch of fans make inappropriate artwork for couples of characters from these games while putting Pokemon "S&M" as the title. But I think SM is alright to use purely because of how we've always used the same kind of abbreviation. I don't think we should see it as an issue.

Yeah.
RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS, BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS

SM is fine.

RzK

Meow
Happy for Sun/Moon! Anyway...

I remember reading somewhere that the huge "hard reboot" tried by GF in Gen 5 (the direct homages to Kanto and Gen 1: For example, many Pokémon that seemed directly inspired from the original 150, like Machamp-Conkeldurr, Geodude-Roggenrola, Rapidash-Zebstrika, Woobat-Zubat etc, which seemed a lot like "replacements") wasn't well received , so they went the opposite way in Gen 6, which was more of a "soft reboot" with more indirect homages to Gen 1. For example, Red and Blue themes in the opposite versions, Kanto starters, an increased promotion of the original legendary, Mewtwo , and a few more things.

Now we are getting Sun and Moon. Think carefully and you'll realise that Sun is often associated with the colour Gold and the Moon is often associated with the colour Silver. Magearna, undoubtedly now from Gen 7, is associated with something called a "Soul Heart". Also worth noting is that Gold and Silver introduced the Day / Night cycle. Day and Night...Sun and Moon.

We also know that Zygarde's plot is still apparently unresolved. Probably it should be resolved in these games. Why? Someone put forward an idea a few pages back that Zygarde completes the XYZ trio, but could potentially be a part of another trio: The Sun/Moon/Earth trio. Fits neatly.
If Sun and Moon are really homages to Gen 2 like XY were to Gen 1, then this could also mean that the Johto starters are given prevalence this time around... And maybe even get Megas.
... Interesting ideas, right?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
What initially piqued my interest with the trademark discovery and the reveal was the title design. The Sun and Moon symbols to be precise. As far as I know the only symbols ever incorporated into the title design of (English) Pokemon versions was for Heartgold and Soulsilver- and they were clearly representing Ho-oh and Lugia.
The specifics about these designs probably show the inspiration and lore for new title legendaries we could be getting. Obviously tied to the sun and moon- but they could hint at the culture of origin. But there are so many similar solar/lunar symbols throughout civilisation that more game info is needed to make a solid guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.