• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I just made a picture to compare wally from ORAS and SM... and holy... this difference!

BUe5DUx.jpg

He actually does look older looking at them side by side, albeit, likely because of the difference in models for Sun and Moon. But meh, I'll just pretend he's a teen now since he looks like one.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

.Aerodactyl.

Some people convinced themselves that Battle Frontier being built in ORAS meant that clearly it'd be dlc in alola for some reason

Even though it was clearly just one part of a series of bizarre Emerald references

I'm not banking on the battle frontier because of any references... I'm not even certain it is going to be in. I just WANT it to be in and was hoping. I don't understand the hesitation of adding it back into the series, the amount of gameplay it adds on post game is incredible. I'll enjoy the battle tree, but its just the same thing over again at some point. Farming for BP was so much better with the frontier, it meant more stratigies, more ways to play... I honestly don't even care if it's DLC, I'd pay for it and wouldn't even feel like I was being taken advantage of. That being said, they have sworn off paid DLC for Pokémon games, as far as I'm aware.

These games will still be incredible regardless, don't get me wrong. Probably the first gen that I'd consider buying both versions just to replay one and have a main game. I want to fill the Pokédex for the first time, can't wait to battle royale and to customize my trainer and play in Pokémon refresh and pelageo, ad well as festival plaza. But the Battle Frontier is just something that would have made the post-game so much better, and I'll be a bit disappointed to see the post game be so sparce again. I think post game content like ORAS' Delta Episode aren't as good in the long run because when they're done, they're done. Battle Frontier (or whatever they might call a reboot of it) has longer lasting value: it doesn't technically end and the multiple options for battle keep any one form from becoming stale because you can switch between. To this day, the most time I ever racked up on any game is Platinum and Heart Gold for the battle frontier alone.

On the subject of post game though, I do wonder if they have more planned then just the battle tree? Not saying there HAS to be the frontier just cause I want it (I'll still hope but I won't delude myself). It's just that, typically, they don't reveal any post gamw content before release, so seeing the tree was surprising. Then again, they don't typically show the final starter evos before release either. So maybe the mentality this year is just "show all".

Are there any more videos promised? I know Coro coro will leak before release, but don't know if they actually said anything about a video releasing in the first week of November or not. We're so close that it doesn't matter to me if they don't, just wondering what could possibly be left to show if they are!

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So, I'm wondering if the fact that Charjabug won't evolve until level 40 is going to mean the levels the starters evolve at are going to change.

I doubt it.

Remember that back in gen V (generation with highest evolve levels in the whole game history) many pokemon had high level evolution with Starters evolving at level 17 and 36.

So I really doubt they will change it here.

knightwolf09

So, I'm wondering if the fact that Charjabug won't evolve until level 40 is going to mean the levels the starters evolve at are going to change.

Not really. Charjabug is just a late evolver, meaning he must be real good. I'm sure the starters are still going to evolve around the 30 mark.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
He actually does look older looking at them side by side, albeit, likely because of the difference in models for Sun and Moon. But meh, I'll just pretend he's a teen now since he looks like one.

He doesn't just look older, he looks more confident, focused. Just the way he sets his shoulders says a lot.

Wally was always a favorite rival, next to Blue and Silver, though they were always Red and Gold in my games.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Could it not have been a Charjabug caught late in the game at level 39 and then levelled up ?

I doubt it's really going to evolve at 40 but if it does, that's some crazy indication that Vikavolt is gonna be good.

knightwolf09

Yeah, the trailer showing it evolve at level 40 doesn't meany anything. It might evolve at level 12 for all we know.

I'm pretty sure having a pokemon level up twice before seeing it evolve implies that's the level it evolves.

Bus

This may seem obvious in retrospect, but I think the Pokemon Generations stuff was started to get get at least some of the audience acquainted with the older protagonists and 'trainers of note'. I wouldn't be surprised if we see N or Silver in the Battle tree since he had his own episode devoted to him (and N is likely to have his own episode). Who knows, we may see some antagonists that 'disappeared' like Giovanni, Colress, or Maxie or something. Even if it wouldn't entirely fit in cannon-ocity (not sure if thats even a word) since some of them (Giovanni) are probably fugitives lol. It would be damn cool though to be on a team with Cynthia and battle against Giovanni and Cyrus.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I hope Triples and Rotation battles haven't been completely removed from the game. Even if they can no longer be one online I still want to be able to do them in whatever the Battle facility is. Triples are my favourite type of battles and Rotation battles are a completely different way of battling. It would suck if they weren't in the games anymore.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm just saying, we've never had a regional bug that evolved past its teens, let alone level 40. They may be changing things up.

Both Sewaddle and Venipede evolved at level 20 and 22, and then again at level 30 for Whrilipede, although Swadloon requires friendship so earliest would be 21.

unmindful

Poison Pumpkin
Yeah, the trailer showing it evolve at level 40 doesn't meany anything. It might evolve at level 12 for all we know.

Unlikely considering the trailer shows the kids catching a Grubbin and in the evolve section zooms in on Charjabug leveling from 37 to 40, evolving into Vikavolt, and adding it into the Pokedex.
Whirlpede evolves into Scolipede at 30 and Larvesta into Volcarona at 59. Charjabug evolving at 40 likely means Vikavolt won't be another Ledian.

Status
Not open for further replies.