• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Artemis

I'm thinking the ending of that commercial was hinting that we'll have a Seventh gen game set in the Kanto reigion. Not a remake but a sequel to Gen 1.

I'm thinking the ending of that commercial was hinting that we'll have a Seventh gen game set in the Kanto reigion. Not a remake but a sequel to Gen 1.

All the Sinnoh confirmed people and the guys waiting for a Unova remake would freak out.

Julia Artemis

All the Sinnoh confirmed people and the guys waiting for a Unova remake would freak out.

Ohmori is literally in love with 1st gen, all the Alolan forms are Kanto only and the commercial essentially parallels Sun/Moon so I think it's very logical to say instead of a Sinnoh game we'll be getting Kanto. I'd be fine with that. Playing a visually updated of essentially the Tokyo area of Japan could be fun. As long as we get the majority of the Pokemon accessible and isn't a remake. If it's a remake I'll be very upset. Maybe we'll get Kanto Forms of Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon. That would be fun!

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
I can see it now. Kanto suck. It so lack luscious in content. They did it for genwenner.

However, myself would love seeing a Kanto or Sinnioh remake more then anything.

Seeing Red and Blue aged in the games remind me of Digimon a bit. (since isn't bad.)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
A Kanto sequel? Wouldn't that just be Pokémon GSC?

Julia Artemis

A Kanto sequel? Wouldn't that just be Pokémon GSC?

Sure that was a sequel, but I'm not against doing another one. We haven't been to Kanto since Gameboy Advance days. The 3DS could really make Kanto come alive and have Celadon and Saffron City really come alive in a way they really haven't in the games. So if it's a sequel with the character from Sun/Moon going home to Kanto I'd be for it. If it's a remake than no, that would be heavily disappointing.

R_N

I feel if they were going to do a sequel, they probably would have done it now, in the 20th anniversary.

Not every thing is a hint, people!

DSDark

Breeder
I'd be okay with a new game set in Kanto. I like the idea of having the S/M character returning to Kanto. So we know in the games that your father exists. They could do it so that in the kanto game you play as the S/M character's brother or sister and through the memory thing from gen v you have your S/M character show up at the end of the kanto story when they return home.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just found this interesting video from Gamexplain showing their theory that gyms may end up returning in Sun & Moon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVPiY1yVk

While this may not happen, their theories seem plausible & I can see this working as a secondary plot after finishing the main story, similar to the Kanto gym challenge in the Gen II games or the Delta Episode in OR/AS

Last edited:

R_N

I just found this interesting video from Gamexplain showing their theory that gyms may end up returning in Sun & Moon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVPiY1yVk

While this may not happen, their theories seem plausible & I can see this working as a secondary plot after finishing the main story, similar to the Kanto gym challenge in the Gen II games or the Delta Episode in OR/AS

When I first saw the plot of land in the demo, i figured maybe it would be for some form of swap meet or reference to the machop pounding land flat in vermillion, but these are pretty all over the place. One's even out in the water.

The only thing a little odd is the locations. Melemele & Poni only having one each is fine, but akala only gets 1 despite at least 3 trial captains while ula ula gets 4. And several of them, as said before, aren't necessarily near cities.

If not gyms, I am pretty curious as to what those plots of land are actually for. They even went to the trouble of putting them on the map as central things to notice so they have to be at least a little important.

Sarleekotcam

The Real Tsareena
I saw some people in the comments of a Youtube video wondering if instead of returning to Kanto the boy in the trailer moved to Kalos. Part of their reasoning was the appearance of Dexio and Sina in the demo and that France is a 12 hour time difference from Hawaii. When the two boys are outside, its night in Hawaii and daylight where the protagonist is.

While I'm not sure how I feel about this or how likely I think it is, I am really looking forward to an expanded post game.

I also feel like it was odd to have the boy move out of Hawaii unless there was some significance to it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well, there are 15 tracks from the XY soundtrack that will be part of the SM OST.
Sina & Dexio's theme and the XY battle theme (as heard from the trailers) are two of them.

astarsas

Well really hoping for an amazing post game and perfect timing to go back to Kanto especially with the rumors that this is the only game of the generation (since apparently we r getting new games for the switch and they probably wont change consoles mid-gen).

BCVM22

Not every thing is a hint, people!

Sun and Moon remakes confirmed.

Well really hoping for an amazing post game and perfect timing to go back to Kanto especially with the rumors that this is the only game of the generation (since apparently we r getting new games for the switch and they probably wont change consoles mid-gen).

We're probably - probably - not going back to Kanto, and there is nothing to suggest that this will be the only game of Generation VII. The Switch doesn't change anything, and what effect the Switch will have on Pokémon core titles is a question that is still some years in the future from providing an answer. There's little to be gained in speculation or assumptions at this early date.

Sakuraba

I'm surprised by how much people read into the smallest things, but don't read the big things at all.

Do you really think we'll go back to Kanto for the fifth time? I get Pokémon banks on nostalgia, but isn't that a little too much? Why does GF have to focuses on the old players that don't even care all that much and won't buy anything that doesn't have 90's nostalgia all over it, instead of focusing on the fans that stuck around for those 20 years and made this franchise as big as it is?

Let's be honest, a second Kanto remake would just be a quick cash-grab. Like the Final Fantasy VII remake. After that, all of those numbers will go down like Team Rocket. Even if they get a good cash. Firered/Leafgreen didn't.

BCVM22

This Kanto "rumor" (wishful thinking that just started this week) is blurble, but Sun & Moon are also cash-grabs. Their purpose is to make money. There's nothing about any Pokémon anything that isn't a cash grab.

Sakuraba

This Kanto "rumor" (wishful thinking that just started this week) is blurble, but Sun & Moon are also cash-grabs. Their purpose is to make money. There's nothing about any Pokémon anything that isn't a cash grab.

They are a product, yes. Just like any other thing with a mark on it. But I wouldn't qualify them, or any other Pokémon game as a "quick cash-grab."

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
They are a product, yes. Just like any other thing with a mark on it. But I wouldn't qualify them, or any other Pokémon game as a "quick cash-grab."

Exactly. These games have been in development for years. They weren't just slapped together in a few months in an effort to make a quick buck.

Now that said, the inclusion of all this Gen 1 related stuff is in part an effort to sell the game to the "Genwunner" crowd, but it won't harm the game as a whole, and it is leading to some interesting additions (Regional Variants, the return of old trainers). Besides, it is the 20th Anniversary, so if any games were going to put a strong focus on where the series began, it would be these two.

But again, it is not a cash grab BCVM22, especially since, if it was, they'd likely stick to all of the same conventions (Gyms, HM's, etc.) as not to potentially alienate older fans.

Torpoleon

Has Game Freak mentioned if you can use Mega Evolution and Z-Moves on one team (like where one Pokémon Mega Evolves and the other uses a Z-Move)? Really hoping it is the case!

knightwolf09

Has Game Freak mentioned if you can use Mega Evolution and Z-Moves on one team (like where one Pokémon Mega Evolves and the other uses a Z-Move)? Really hoping it is the case!

I think it was said in an interview that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.