• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggie_Saiyan

Yes. He is definitely talking about Alola.

In hindsight it definitely looks that way there was definitely a gimmick with it and how you had to keep going back to him for it not to be coincidental or just an easter egg of sorts.

It definitely seems there is a link between Kalos and Alola. As too Kanto and Alola. Maybe we'll get more Kalos links in the actual game.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does anyone have a bit knowledge on how much movesets tend to change inbetween generations? I am particularly interested in the distribution of Weather Ball. Do you guys think more gen 1-6 Pokémon will get it in Sun and Moon?

Much like individual types, most moves tend to get at least one more user within a generation, and previous generation's moves tend to get larger distribution, with common moves getting gradually less distribution from the generation they were introduced in.

In the case of Weather Ball, the move is generally rare and distributed largely to fully evolved Pokémon. So I suspect some other guy will get it as well, but I don't expect it to become an Egg Move again and get higher distribution there. Most obvious candidate for this would probably be Alolan Ninetales, which isn't exactly the best user for it(besides Rain Dance shenanigans a la Vanilluxe).

Akashin

I never really left that mindset of feeling like the games are still months away for whatever reason, so a couple weeks feels like nothing by comparison.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm not sure if people have or know this. But supposedly Gamestop will let us buy S/M in the 17th at 9 pm. At least for my Gamestop.

I guess it's better than waiting till midnight.

sheld999

I'm not sure if people have or know this. But supposedly Gamestop will let us buy S/M in the 17th at 9 pm. At least for my Gamestop.

I guess it's better than waiting till midnight.

they most likely get into trouble for selling it early. many stores in past done it before and got banned from selling pokemon games for few years

shadowF

would we not start to get coverage on the games on the 17th? since Japan will be the 18th while we would be 17th? right?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
they most likely get into trouble for selling it early. many stores in past done it before and got banned from selling pokemon games for few years
I guess. I don't go to midnight launches anymore. I wouldn't mind buying the game on release day in late afternoon(my original plan).

sheld999

I guess. I don't go to midnight launches anymore. I wouldn't mind buying the game on release day in late afternoon(my original plan).

im getting mine delivered on the day =) i wouldn't go to midnight release as there no buses at the time and nearest store to me in like a 10-20min drive my midnight will be your 17th as nz is ahead by 12-17hrs

Yunova

Fairy User

Sadly I have two exams on the day the games are released... and they don't finish until about 6:30pm, so the store I preordered at will be closed. :(

I think I will have to bribe my mum into picking it up on my behalf. If I buy her flowers and lunch, she can't say no, right?

Akashin

Apparently that's why UK got ORAS late and now this some stores sold XY early.

So unfair.

At this point, I really have a lot of trouble believing that this is the reason why Europe has been getting slightly shafted on the worldwide release. But I can't think of an alternative reason off the top of my head, either.

Novembre

I don't remember for ORAS, but in France, XY were released early. I bought X the day before the release but I read people on forums who bought the games two or three days before I did. I don't mind if I have to wait until 23rd November. I'm waiting for months, I can wait three weeks.

I will see what my shop will do this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.