• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

I don't remember for ORAS, but in France, XY were released early. I bought X the day before the release but I read people on forums who bought the games two or three days before I did. I don't mind if I have to wait until 23rd November. I'm waiting for months, I can wait three weeks.

I will see what my shop will do this year.

yeah france got into trouble for that as it was world wide release and france didn't listen

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
I may just have to resort to limiting my internet usage to binge-reading online manga all weekend long to withstand the temptation of rabidly devouring the streams of information pouring in after the 18th, until I can get the game myself the 23rd.

But I come prepared, I already took the two days after that off from work ;v; and I will regret nothing.

Man, it feels really special to have spent literally months already in such anticipation, it's like I'm seven years old again. As agonizing as it is, I can't but be grateful to GF for making this old soggy no-longer-kid feel this pumped again.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
[old man voice] Back in my day my local EB Games (before it was a Gamestop, before it was a Yankee Candle), had Gold and Silver 4 days early and I got to go pick up my preorders early (because I had preordered them and prepaid). Yup, people didn't care so much about street dates back then I reckon... *looks off wistfully into the distance*

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
[old man voice] Back in my day my local EB Games (before it was a Gamestop, before it was a Yankee Candle), had Gold and Silver 4 days early and I got to go pick up my preorders early (because I had preordered them and prepaid). Yup, people didn't care so much about street dates back then I reckon... *looks off wistfully into the distance*

Yeah, because if leaked everything online back then, very few people would actually end up seeing it. Back when things were simple, and games weren't datamined, even after they actually came out (it took nearly 15 years for the Mew glitch to be discovered). The world was so full of mystery, I tell you what...*stares at the horizon in an existential daze*

.Aerodactyl.

Yeah, because if leaked everything online back then, very few people would actually end up seeing it. Back when things were simple, and games weren't datamined, even after they actually came out (it took nearly 15 years for the Mew glitch to be discovered). The world was so full of mystery, I tell you what...*stares at the horizon in an existential daze*

That was also before global releases...so Japan already had it for a year.

Wadeledge

Till all are One

Funny story is my younger brother got a TOTALLY LEGAL AND IN NO WAY BLACK MARKET copy of Gold in Japanese from the SAME EB Games like 6 months before the games came out in the US. Those were the days...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
That was also before global releases...so Japan already had it for a year.

...Can't a guy just be introspectively nostalgic on the Internet without having his statement picked apart?

But seriously, I didn't know much about the Pokemon of Gen 2 until the games actually dropped, as online resources weren't what they are today. I had to explore Johto and Kanto all by myself, looking under every rock and in every tree, until I found every little Pocket Critter there was. Not that those darn kids nowadays, with their Serebays and the Boolbapedier.

Funny story is my younger brother got a TOTALLY LEGAL AND IN NO WAY BLACK MARKET copy of Gold in Japanese from the SAME EB Games like 6 months before the games came out in the US. Those were the days...

I remember when my friend lent me his Japanese copy of Green, and told me there were a bunch of new Pokemon in it after you reached Lt. Surge. After hours of struggling to play when I couldn't actually read the language, I was left very disappointed...

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Do we have any word on gen exclusives besides the monkeys?

It's just them (though they're a prosimian and an ape, not technically monkeys, but that's just a nitpick), the Lycanroc Forms, the 2 different UB-02's, and the Version Mascots, presumably.

Actually, Solgaleo and Lunaala's pages on the official site don't mention them being exclusives. That's strange, as Xerneas and Yveltal's bios did mention their exclusivity...

Ajduk

It's just them (though they're a prosimian and an ape, not technically monkeys, but that's just a nitpick), the Lycanroc Forms, the 2 different UB-02's, and the Version Mascots, presumably.

Actually, Solgaleo and Lunaala's pages on the official site don't mention them being exclusives. That's strange, as Xerneas and Yveltal's bios did mention their exclusivity...

Oh, boy, this is a hard one. I like Lunaala more although I guess that Solgaleo will be more powerful. Lycanroc moon seems amazing. On the other side, the sun ape is far more appealing (to me at least), but the UB-02 is just vomit inducing (again, to me, at least).

I'll probably go for the moon version.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^One of the Japanese trailers confirmed Mismagius-line as exclusive to Moon and Drifloon to Sun.

Similar to other exclusives besides simians, they are implied to be time exclusives and one of the datamined items is believed to change time between the games.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
^One of the Japanese trailers confirmed Mismagius-line as exclusive to Moon and Drifloon to Sun.

Similar to other exclusives besides simians, they are implied to be time exclusives and one of the datamined items is believed to change time between the games.

I think that was just implying a time of day thing and that because of the time shift one will be more encounterable in sun and the other moon and vice versa.

I'm sure there are other version exclusives we just don't know what they are yet. I think we saw some possible box are that implied the Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix lines to be version exclusive? Also Drampa and Tortunator.

Doobius

the more updates and new info i see on this game, the more i already dont like it and actually think i will hate the game. most of the known new pokes, the alola forms, new moves, psychedelic colors, too japanimation, etc. i know if nothing ever changed that would be lame too since itd be the same gameplay over and over and id be complaining if that were the case, but it just feels like too many dramatic changes at once. im going to get it, and ill play it through since ive played the game since red/blue came out, but my first impressions so far is its too lame. i hope im wrong.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I think that was just implying a time of day thing and that because of the time shift one will be more encounterable in sun and the other moon and vice versa.

I'm sure there are other version exclusives we just don't know what they are yet. I think we saw some possible box are that implied the Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix lines to be version exclusive? Also Drampa and Tortunator.

Well, actually....

Yeah, the boxart was proven to be fake. So like I said, we don't really have any official statements or anything else that states that they are version exclusives, or even hint at that being the case. Odds are we'll just end up with two pairs of new version exclusive Mons (Legends not withstanding), just like in Gen 6, ie Lycanroc M & M, and Passimian/Oranguru.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Anyway, I think we can expect the Alolan Sandshrew - Vulpix lines to be version exclusive, since they are both Ice-types (and the only Alolan Kanto Pokémon to be of that type).

Were their lines version-exclusive before? If yes, then we can expect the same thing to happen here.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Anyway, I think we can expect the Alolan Sandshrew - Vulpix lines to be version exclusive, since they are both Ice-types (and the only Alolan Kanto Pokémon to be of that type).

Were their lines version-exclusive before? If yes, then we can expect the same thing to happen here.

They were but not with each other. Previously, when they were exclusives, they were always in the same games.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well, actually....
... I don't recall them being confirmed fake.

they most likely get into trouble for selling it early. many stores in past done it before and got banned from selling pokemon games for few years
Not exactly. If a store sells the game, like, a week early, then yes, they're in trouble. But if it's like, a day early (or in this case, three hours early), then nothing with be done.

Not to mention, I don't think the stores are restricted from selling Pokémon games, they just get into serious legal issues.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Oh, I didn't see those were faked, it wasn't in the hoax thread. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome!

... I don't recall them being confirmed fake.

Yeah, the boxart that featured Drampa on the back of Moon and Turtonator on the back of Sun was confirmed fake, as the art of the player characters was cropped differently on each box.

The more you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.