• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

Allow me to bring up a random topic. How many people here play through their game catching pokemon with only regular pokeballs?

TyLogic

Allow me to bring up a random topic. How many people here play through their game catching pokemon with only regular pokeballs?

I use to, but it got boring, so now I plan on using any Pokeball I want.

TyLogic

It got boring? How so?

Seeing the same thing all the time...
I'm logical yet creative, so I'd rather see a change of pattern from time to time.

I would also:

Only catch male Pokemon
Keep my starter 3 levels higher than my other Pokemon
Throw my starter out against the rival's starter (and the Gym Leaders signature Pokemon--regardless of type)
Always choose the Water-type starter Pokemon
And always have a Water, Electric, Flying and Dragon-type on my team

(I think there are some others, but I can't remember)
I plan on changing it up and breaking some traditions so it can be more fun. Doing the same thing gets tedious after a while. I'm kind of happy that there are no more Gyms.

Last edited:

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
I'm logical yet creative, so I'd rather see a change of pattern from time to time.

I would also:

Only catch male Pokemon
Throw my starter out against the rival's starter (and the Gym Leaders signature Pokemon--regardless of type)

I plan on changing it up and breaking some traditions so it can be more fun. Doing the same thing gets tedious after a while. I'm kind of happy that there are no more Gyms.

Lol, I also preferred having male pokemon for a long time and still try to keep my Umbreon (almost always on every Dark team) higher level than the rest. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :p

I don't with regular pokéballs, but I do use specific pokéballs for most of my mono-teams. Luxury for Dark, because Luxury Balls are Umbreon colors, Nest for Grass, Net for Bug, Premier for Fairy, etc. Not every type has a ball that I think fits, but I like having them all fit thematically if I can.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Yeah, I do. Sometimes there's a member in a different ball, but most of the time I stick with the classic.

I would also:

Only catch male Pokemon

Nice, glad I'm not the only one with a bunch of rules about how to set up my Pokémon team. :p

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
As many have already pointed out, no, as the 3DS and 2DS are nearly identical systems (minus the stereoscopic 3D, obviously).

For anyone who might be about to ask about the differences on 2/3DS's compared to the New 3DS line, I think that it was Gamexplain who confirmed after speaking with an official representative at Nintendo that the game would run the same on both sets of systems as they have not been optimised for the New 3DS line, though in all likelihood this could possibly mean a slight improvement when it comes to frame rate issues, but nothing major in my opinion.

That's why I actually upgraded to the Special Sun and Moon N3DS XL. Haven't opened it yet- planning to first use it once I get the games. But I hope the improved CPU raises those pokefinder frame rates a little!

TyLogic

Yeah, I do. Sometimes there's a member in a different ball, but most of the time I stick with the classic.

Nice, glad I'm not the only one with a bunch of rules about how to set up my Pokémon team. :p

Thanks friend.

I always knew that I wasn't the only one, because I believe that (in terms of personality) if there is one, then there is at least one more.
There are probably people looking at this thread who have similar traditions with their teams, but are just not responding (or they can't respond)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

I catch the pokemon I want in my team in only Pokeballs, as well as Legendaries. I started this in Platinum and have carried it on ever since, it shakes things up a bit.

I have a few traditions. Since Hoenn, I'm not to use an electric type since Minun is my main pokemon, so I don't use electric types becuase of it. Since Sinnoh, I'm not using Grass types since Turtwig (my other main pokemon) is my go to grass type. When I can, I try to implement them on my team. For example, in BW, I bought japanese copies of the games, transferred a Minun and Turtwig from a JAP Diamond game. Then when the english copies came out, I was able to hatch a Minun and Turtwig and use them in my team. I repeated this for BW2, for XY, I went through the game, deciding a team, then when bank opened, I started again with a Minun and Turtwig in my main team. I've also done it for HGSS, and ORAS. For this I will do it once Bank reopens.

This game actually mixes things up a bit. I've always had a flyer and swimmer on my team just because of HMs, but now I don't need them I may not use a flying type or water type on my team.

Last edited:

BCVM22

That'll depend entirely on your Internet speed and Wi-Fi equipment, plus eShop traffic at the time, but regardless, it's a very big file, so it's going to take you a bit.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight

I always try to use the best Pokeball possible, if the ball matches the Pokémon that is icing on the cake. Don't think I want to do the proverbial "banging your head against the wall" spanning regular Poke Balls when a stronger one is available that does the job better. Assuming the Charizard Poke Ride replaces the need to have a Fly user on your team, Sun/Moon may be the first games in which I do not have a Flying-type on my team (said Flying-type is for the use of Fly to quickly get to places).

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm glad I most likely won't need a flying type this time around. Las gen I didn't use one either but that was because the only 6th gen flying type sucks and I already was using fennekin anyways. Also used dragalge or however you spell it so I couldn't use fletching or noibat even if I wanted to.

Sakuraba

I'm glad I most likely won't need a flying type this time around. Las gen I didn't use one either but that was because the only 6th gen flying type sucks and I already was using fennekin anyways. Also used dragalge or however you spell it so I couldn't use fletching or noibat even if I wanted to.

What about Hawlucha? He's a Flying-Type as well.

TyLogic

What about Hawlucha? He's a Flying-Type as well.

I don't think it can use Fly though.

I wish there were more non-Flying-type Pokemon that can learn Fly, Like Golurk or Hydreigon (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.