• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a way that we could choose which spoilers we see haha. Like I would be ok to see some things but not others

Ikr? I go on YoutTube and listen to Pokeli's leaked soundtrack (so I know a few spoilers but not how they play out, the motives etc) and in the recommended section there is a spoiler thumbnail and title explicitly stating exactly what I want to avoid - screenshots and other major spoilers. I already accidentally spoiled myself on one major plot spoiler, but I was lucky that all I heard was the soundtrack and I didn't see the battle. I'm fed up of people who don't respect others wanting to avoid what they posting. Plus I'm kinda annoyed that the datamine and plot spoilers got merged, but that's just me being petty.

Ikr? I go on YoutTube and listen to Pokeli's leaked soundtrack (so I know a few spoilers but not how they play out, the motives etc) and in the recommended section there is a spoiler thumbnail and title explicitly stating exactly what I want to avoid - screenshots and other major spoilers. I already accidentally spoiled myself on one major plot spoiler, but I was lucky that all I heard was the soundtrack and I didn't see the battle. I'm fed up of people who don't respect others wanting to avoid what they posting. Plus I'm kinda annoyed that the datamine and plot spoilers got merged, but that's just me being petty.

Same. The only real reason I dove head first into the leaks (text and all) was because I had everything ruined for me within minutes of the completion of the datamine, so I figured I might as well sift through it all and share the interesting stuff over in the SPOILERS thread, as well as directing people who didn't want certain things spoiled in things such as version exclusives. Luckily I haven't visually seen the game story yet, so it'll be like reading a book vs watching the movie (I hope!).

Sakuraba

No, you're not being petty. People are assholes for the sake of being assholes because it's the internet. You have all the right to be annoyed and angry.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I have seen the crucial stuff about the story over Youtube, but I will have forgotten them by the time the games release over here (23/11) so no big deal. But still, this is ridiculous, GF and Nintendo really need to take extreme measures on this. One way would be to not release any demo prior to the full games' release. Also, like other guys online have suggested, send review copies much closer to the launch day. Oh, and 24 hour surveillance on the shops which will sell the game, to ensure no leaks will happen. :)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
To think, at this time next week, I'll (probably) have Pokémon Sun, along with many others...

Crazy.

I have seen the crucial stuff about the story over Youtube, but I will have forgotten them by the time the games release over here (23/11) so no big deal. But still, this is ridiculous, GF and Nintendo really need to take extreme measures on this. One way would be to not release any demo prior to the full games' release. Also, like other guys online have suggested, send review copies much closer to the launch day. Oh, and 24 hour surveillance on the shops which will sell the game, to ensure no leaks will happen. :)

Same boat, though Amazon have my hopes up with the game being dispatched a few days earlier than I initially expected. Europe sucks.

Agreed on a number of those things, though. Until we either see an engine change (this seems to be built upon the Gen VI engine) or system change, there will be no problem tearing apart any sort of demo before the release of the game when silly mistakes are made, and review copies should definitely be sent out later - if at all. It's typical business practice in film for studios to not have press screenings, if there are either problems with the film or the intent is to keep its content a secret. I'm not sure why this should be treated so differently: the trailers garnered the attention they wanted, as did the press releases, so the argument that reviews sell games, especially that early into a sales cycle, is naive to me.

Pilpulp

美的
I'd wouldn't be mad if the only people who had the game early were the ones who made an effort to find an early copy, because that happens with every game. But no, there are tons of people already playing because of the ROM and it pisses me off.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
All right, I'll cave in and talk about how I feel about where S&M is going. Forgive me if I sound petty or if I'm just rambling on, but after seeing some of the stuff people have trawled up I felt that I needed to vent somewhere.

Honestly, I'm actually kinda pessimistic about S&M. While I'm glad that there's more Pokemon to play with than with Gen 6, I'm starting to feel that things aren't what they used to be. I don't know if this is because I'm getting older and finally stepping back from childhood nostalgia to look at the big picture, or if I'm just paranoid. But that's how it feels.

What do I mean by "things just aren't what they used to be"? Well, it isn't really to do with nostalgia, per se. I'm really concerned that things are going to be rushed, just like with X and Y. I play the games for the new features, rather than the ones returning, as well as what new Pokemon they bring to the table. But Gen 6 catered a lot to Gen 1 fans, and a lot of the focus was on invoking that sort of nostalgia rather than creating a follow up to Gen 5 in my opinion.

At first I was excited about S&M, but the more I saw, the more I started to think that maybe the games are being brought out too soon - like with what happened with the Five Nights at Freddy's series. What happened there was that the fandom got too big for its own good, and maybe that's what's happening here. For example: a lot of the Pokemon games always tend to get high scores, as with many Nintendo series. The same happened with the FNaF games. But after a while and as sequels have been produced, I'm starting to think that maybe people are just rating the games highly because they're Pokemon games, rather than taking a look at just how well made the games are. Improved graphics are usually standard, I get that, but it feels like other things are ignored or looked over because it has the Pokemon logo on it (the game-breaking save glitch in Luminose City comes to mind). Had the games been given more time, then maybe they'd be able to iron out the problems and produce a better product.

On the other hand I know that there's another side to my argument: the RSE remakes, which I thought were really solid games. They felt nostalgic to me, but at the same time everything felt newer and things were added that allowed the player to enjoy the games so much more. Were they perfect? No (I know I'll get criticised for this, but I really didn't like the DexNav feature, sorry everyone), but when I think about it I can't help but feel that maybe I'm just really miffed about X/Y and I'm scared of them repeating the same mistakes, favouring quantity instead of quality.

That should be everything. Hope this wasn't too long or tedious.

clbgolden12

All right, I'll cave in and talk about how I feel about where S&M is going. Forgive me if I sound petty or if I'm just rambling on, but after seeing some of the stuff people have trawled up I felt that I needed to vent somewhere.

Honestly, I'm actually kinda pessimistic about S&M. While I'm glad that there's more Pokemon to play with than with Gen 6, I'm starting to feel that things aren't what they used to be. I don't know if this is because I'm getting older and finally stepping back from childhood nostalgia to look at the big picture, or if I'm just paranoid. But that's how it feels.

What do I mean by "things just aren't what they used to be"? Well, it isn't really to do with nostalgia, per se. I'm really concerned that things are going to be rushed, just like with X and Y. I play the games for the new features, rather than the ones returning, as well as what new Pokemon they bring to the table. But Gen 6 catered a lot to Gen 1 fans, and a lot of the focus was on invoking that sort of nostalgia rather than creating a follow up to Gen 5 in my opinion.

At first I was excited about S&M, but the more I saw, the more I started to think that maybe the games are being brought out too soon - like with what happened with the Five Nights at Freddy's series. What happened there was that the fandom got too big for its own good, and maybe that's what's happening here. For example: a lot of the Pokemon games always tend to get high scores, as with many Nintendo series. The same happened with the FNaF games. But after a while and as sequels have been produced, I'm starting to think that maybe people are just rating the games highly because they're Pokemon games, rather than taking a look at just how well made the games are. Improved graphics are usually standard, I get that, but it feels like other things are ignored or looked over because it has the Pokemon logo on it (the game-breaking save glitch in Luminose City comes to mind). Had the games been given more time, then maybe they'd be able to iron out the problems and produce a better product.

On the other hand I know that there's another side to my argument: the RSE remakes, which I thought were really solid games. They felt nostalgic to me, but at the same time everything felt newer and things were added that allowed the player to enjoy the games so much more. Were they perfect? No (I know I'll get criticised for this, but I really didn't like the DexNav feature, sorry everyone), but when I think about it I can't help but feel that maybe I'm just really miffed about X/Y and I'm scared of them repeating the same mistakes, favouring quantity instead of quality.

That should be everything. Hope this wasn't too long or tedious.
With all due respect, how did XY favor quantity over quality? They introduced the fewest Pokémon to date and didn't even have much post game content. :S

TyLogic

Everything that contains spoilers will be held in the spoilers thread, right?

clbgolden12

Everything that contains spoilers will be held in the spoilers thread, right?
Yep, but Samayouru's post wasn't actually a spoiler, it was just because the post itself was fairly lengthy so he put it under the tag.

... If that's what you were implying when asking your question.

TyLogic

Yep, but Samayouru's post wasn't actually a spoiler, it was just because the post itself was fairly lengthy so he put it under the tag.

... If that's what you were implying when asking your question.

No. What I meant was that people kept putting spoilers in threads that wasn't the datamine/spoiler thread. Because of that, I've had things spoiled for me.

I've been trying to forget all of it (to some degree). By the 18th, I should be fine.

A very interesting GamesTM interview with Masuda and Ohmori has been summarised greatly by GoNintendo here.

Great read about Sun and Moon and a GO update approaching, as well as fan theories and a handheld focus, amongst other things!

Gives something of a response to those complaining about Hyper Training, too...

sheld999

got email today saying my sun copy is now in the post =) but it might be delayed due to no ferry service and rail service due to the earthquakes here ... but still fingers cross

gliscor&yanmega

Saw that the EBgames near me will do a midnight release, so I'll probably get both copies at that time. Never came into the issue of a store running out of copies, so I'm fairly confident I'll get them. If not, there are a few other places nearby and one of them will have to have the games still. Just a few more days, need them to go by quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.