• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Okay, so I have a question.

If you are defeated by a challenger who intends to take your throne as Champion, do they become Champion? It would make sense, as well as give you yet another reason to take on the Pokémon League again.

Pretty sure you just lose and nothing happens.

As a side note, I love that a random trainer from Route 1 is one of the challengers. What a hilarious little easter egg.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
PSA: Nintendo completely ****ed up with trading. Finding a friend and adding them to your VIP list, so that you can trade with them normally, is absolutely impossible since it groups random online people.

2016 and Nintendo still doesn't know how to do online. P a t h e t i c.
Err... Friend codes?

utlhmsus

Question: I'm only on the second island so far, but is there a good method for level grinding available before the Elite 4? Something like Le Wow in XY would be perfect (I haven't checked out the Battle Buffet yet so I'm not sure how efficient that'll be).

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Can someone explain how the Slots thing work on Serebii's Pokéarth page, for example, it has different Pokemon listed under Slot 1, 2, etc?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm gonna be here all night hunting for a female Salandit aren't I?

God damn you Salazzle and your female only BS.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I'm gonna be here all night hunting for a female Salandit aren't I?

God damn you Salazzle and your female only BS.
Yep. It's another Vespiquen.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Anyone in the UK had their copy ship early?

I have fears of getting my copy late with the Snow warnings for the next few days. I'd be absolutely gutted if it snows and the post can't be delivered.

I'm from the UK too, and I have been wondering the same. I got an e-mail from Game saying they were preparing on Friday, but no delivery notice yet.

Fingers crossed you get your ASAP!

SoulSilver Eric

I really appreciate how the trainers pokemon come in different balls. Like trainers sending out pokemon from Luxury, Nest or Bug Catching (?) balls is just one of those little things I find kinda neat that they would consider adding at all.

Golden_Arcanine

Anyone else feel like they're "gifting" away too many items in-game? I mean, I haven't gone crazy and caught everything I ran into, but I haven't had to buy any Pokeballs and I just finished the second trial.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Anyone else feel like they're "gifting" away too many items in-game? I mean, I haven't gone crazy and caught everything I ran into, but I haven't had to buy any Pokeballs and I just finished the second trial.

No, I like it. All they give are poke/great balls and revives. The better stuff still can be bought.

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
I agree, it does feel like they give you everything you need. I didn't have to buy any items until I went to challenge the elite four.

pappy90

Go by this guide.

BUT THIS DOESN'T HELP.

"If you want to battle your friends, you’ll want to pick Link Battle.

To make it easier to find your friends when using Link Battle, make sure to set them as VIPs in Festival Plaza. You can set people as VIP by talking to them in the plaza or paging them inside the castle. When you open up Link Trade, you’ll be able to go to the VIP list to select your friends easier."

IT DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO ACTUALLY FIND YOUR FRIENDS.

It is incredibly frustrating - in the plaza, it just has 30 or so random people who are online. You can only page people who are in the plaza, not specific friends, like my girlfriend who lives in France or my brother who lives in another city.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
BUT THIS DOESN'T HELP.

"If you want to battle your friends, you’ll want to pick Link Battle.

To make it easier to find your friends when using Link Battle, make sure to set them as VIPs in Festival Plaza. You can set people as VIP by talking to them in the plaza or paging them inside the castle. When you open up Link Trade, you’ll be able to go to the VIP list to select your friends easier."

IT DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO ACTUALLY FIND YOUR FRIENDS.

It is incredibly frustrating - in the plaza, it just has 30 or so random people who are online. You can only page people who are in the plaza, not specific friends, like my girlfriend who lives in France or my brother who lives in another city.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS?
... I looked in the list and I found one of my friends.

Dunk Master Jax

Forest Ninja Trainer
Does anyone know how Passimian's ability works yet? Will Reciever activate in a single battle if your pokemon fainted then send it out?

noctis-caelum

Hey guys, I need some help regarding the Festival Plaza shops.

I'm at plaza level 5. I've tried many facilities and I get the same message: "we can't provide any more of that today. Please come again tomorrow".
I was never able to purchase anything spending FC (all the items in every shop appear with a "--", instead of their respective FC cost).
Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.