• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

Another Poke Finder tidbit. At least in Moon, Brooklet Hill has Dewpider instead of surskit. Was jealous of someone finding it. Good hunting all.

I wasn't even aware of a PokeFinder spot in that area. They sure can be hard to locate.

Vroomer

I am disappointed in the removal of key features from Sun/Moon.

1- Have to press X to get to the menu with all the options. No more soft keys on the touch screen.
2- The festival - seriously - what the F???!? Remove the PSS and put/hide some of the functionality in this hot stinky mess? Not a fan.
3- No D pad movement. I get using the circle (joystick) for Eon flight in ORAS or roller skates in XY. But, removing this from the walk/running movement control is not cool or fun.
4- Some pretty sorry garbage passing as Pokemon in Gen VII - not counting the Gen I region remakes/recolors

With these three glaring issues, for me, the rave reviews must've been paid for.

Pros:
1- battles are better. Better control over what I can see. (I turned off effects to speed up the battle.)
2- Collecting cores and cells. I think this is a plus.
3- early Exp share and amulet coin. Money should not be an issue.
4- SOS battles - I am digging it when they call for help. More XP for me! Ha!

All in all, I have gone back to HG to build up Apricorns to catch females in Apricorn balls and start the transfer process. My hope is that the Gen 7 remake games are Diamond/Pearl with ORAS/XY functionality added. Someone tried to phone in SunMoon and it shows.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
On more day to wait until I can finally get my games. The store I preordered from is refusing to break release despite the fact that another shop on the same street is already selling them and one of my friends got her game yesterday from a different store. If I hadn't wanted the Solgaleo and Lunala figures I would have cancelled my preorder and bought them from the other shop. At least I can pick up a new 3DS today. The store selling the games told me yesterday they'll be selling the Solgaleo and Lunala N3DS today despite it being released tomorrow (I actually thought it was already out honestly) so I'll be picking that up at lunch today. The wait is almost over and I hope this never happens again. Next time they do a worldwide release it should be exactly that not everywhere gets the games except Europe who have to wait a week.

BCVM22

With these three glaring issues, for me, the rave reviews must've been paid for.

Someone tried to phone in SunMoon and it shows.

What if these games are actually bad? We've all been duped!

Next time they do a worldwide release it should be exactly that not everywhere gets the games except Europe who have to wait a week.

Consider how many different countries, economies, customs offices, languages, governments and currencies - among other factors - have to be dealt with for the wide European release.

They don't release it five days later arbitrarily. I'll never quite understand the people who think Europe gets these things a few days later because someone in an office somewhere felt like having a laugh.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
What if these games are actually bad? We've all been duped!

Consider how many different countries, economies, customs offices, languages, governments and currencies - among other factors - have to be dealt with for the wide European release.

They don't release it five days later arbitrarily. I'll never quite understand the people who think Europe gets these things a few days later because someone in an office somewhere felt like having a laugh.

I will never believe they absolutely needed 5 days more for Europe and they knew it ever since the release dates got announced. The fact every store was already ready to sell and you could preload the game digitally way in advance just further makes me think it was just a stupid arbitrary decision

On a more positive note, happy European release eve everyone! Can't wait to play this at midnight

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
On a more positive note, happy European release eve everyone! Can't wait to play this at midnight

You're so lucky. I have to wait till I get home from work to play. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day but at least I'll finally have my games to look forward to when I get home.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
And insisting upon that is entirely your prerogative, I guess?

I stated my reasonings and said 'I think'.
They could have also released the game later in the rest of the world to align the release dates if they wanted to, as it would have made no real business difference then.

BCVM22

Is no one going to discuss the news that S/M sold ONLY 1.9 million copies in its first 3 days in Japan?

That's still a lot of games sold, and also lacks some context, like the fact that the number doesn't include downloads.

A more comprehensive breakdown.

They could have also released the game later in the rest of the world to align the release dates if they wanted to, as it would have made no real business difference then.

Or they could take the complexity of the wide European release as an opportunity to better stagger the global releases, so that an entire planet's worth of foamy-mouthed Pokémon fans aren't hammering the servers on exactly the same day worldwide.

Again, if you prefer to imagine that a suit in the TPCI offices is sitting there, rubbing his or her hands together in sadistic glee because they made the Europeans wait an extra few days, that's entirely up to you, but I'm not sure how anyone can think that any part of a global release for a product this big is decided upon arbitrarily.

Last edited:

DJStarstryker

2- The festival - seriously - what the F???!? Remove the PSS and put/hide some of the functionality in this hot stinky mess? Not a fan.

I have no experience with the PSS since I didn't play XY. The Festival could've been good. I don't think it's terrible, but it could use improvement. One major issue is it's unintuitive and the NPCs that explain things aren't very helpful, so you have to figure a lot of things out on your own. My biggest beef with it is you can only have 7 shops in your plaza, but there's lots more options than that. I'm finding it difficult to decide which 7 I actually should have.

With these three glaring issues, for me, the rave reviews must've been paid for... Someone tried to phone in SunMoon and it shows.

I don't know about that. The festival is, IMO, the only major issue in your listed cons. Honestly, I'm seriously having more fun with Pokemon than I ever have, and I've been playing since Pokemon Blue in 1998. I was actually wondering if I'd regret getting back into the series, and I don't.

Things that really improve the whole thing for me:
- The ability to instantly put Pokemon in your party after catching it, even if your party is full
- The ability to see the Pokemon's summary page right after catching it
- The ability to trade Pokemon that are still in boxes
- The ability to trade even when you're not in a Pokemon Center
- Exp Share the way it works now. Less grinding when over 800 individual Pokemon exist is only a GOOD thing. (I know XY introduced it)
- Daycare not giving EXP? I LOVE that. I always hated it when parents would level up and all I wanted was them to make eggs.
- The whole QR code scanning feature. Once you get things registered as seen, it makes it easier to find in your own game and you can also search for it on GTS
- Pokemon Refresh. I like that you are given incentive to play with your critters by boosted experience, more chance for resisting status effects, evading attacks, etc.
- PokeRide. Seriously, I've hated HMs since 1998. I do not miss them at all.
- Customization of your character. (Again, I know this started in XY)

There's tons more things I could say that I love. Really, I can only think of 3 things off the top of my head that I hate and only 1 is a Sun/Moon thing (Festival Plaza). The other things have been a problem in the series - the fact that friendship evolution is tedious and annoying, and that I really wish they'd just show us these hidden stats more directly already (EVs, IVs, friendship). Put those things in a back summary window so it doesn't confuse any young kids/newbies to the series if you want. Most JRPGs show all of your stats to you and the only thing you CAN'T see is, of course, the RNG. Pokemon is more opaque.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Are there any dolphin themed mons in this game? I heard a pre-release rumor there might be......
Nope. A lot of people think that leaker mistook Tapu Fini for a dolphin.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
The bit of fence immediately south of the Nursery. Go inside, spawn Tauros, and mindlessly dash in circles. Tauros is too big to actually get out, so you can run in circles forever and always have the attendant in sight. Unfortunately, probably no good for the circle pad.

Video here.

That seems viable but idunno. Probably a lot on the joy stick.

I've been hatching eggs at Royal Avenue. You have access to a center for the PC. A full circle to spin around the pink flowers and it takes like maybe 5 minutes to hatch your party maybe. All you have to deal with is an NPC who walks through your spinning path trying to get the the Battle royal. Until something else is discovered for hatching eggs for shiny hunting, I think this might be the most viable. Just my opinion though

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Anyone in the UK had their order shipped yet? Mine is meant to be here tomorrow, but is still 'Unshipped' according to Game... :(

Aleh

«Last Hope»
That's still a lot of games sold, and also lacks some context, like the fact that the number doesn't include downloads.

A more comprehensive breakdown.

Or they could take the complexity of the wide European release as an opportunity to better stagger the global releases, so that an entire planet's worth of foamy-mouthed Pokémon fans aren't hammering the servers on exactly the same day worldwide.

Again, if you prefer to imagine that a suit in the TPCI offices is sitting there, rubbing his or her hands together in sadistic glee because they made the Europeans wait an extra few days, that's entirely up to you, but I'm not sure how anyone can think that any part of a global release for a product this big is decided upon arbitrarily.

I'm just thinking they prefered delaying it when it wasn't necessary. Not saying they did it because they're evil, I'm not a kid. They released XY worldwide and they showed they can do it just fine. Plus it's not like people immediately jump to online when they start the game, what would you even do when everyone is supposed to be starting from scratch?

Anyone in the UK had their order shipped yet? Mine is meant to be here tomorrow, but is still 'Unshipped' according to Game... :(

Mine was dispatched yesterday morning, with the only update being at 3am this morning that it had arrived at a carrier facility. I ordered with Amazon who are pretty inconsistent: I've read about times where the game arrives early to deal with massive orders for something like a video game, but, likewise, I've also read that where possible they'd rather have you get the game late than early. So yeah, that's probably why we haven't seen much movement yet.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
To all those who got their physical copies before release date (either 11/18 or 11/23), have you been able to connect to Internet without problems? I have a really good reason I'm asking this.

nebby

i'm pretty far into the game, and i don't know if this has been answered before, but uh.... i killed tapu koko on accident, (and of course i didnt save after i beat the elite four) but lillie is telling me that she's "sure we'll meet again in battle someday"? does this mean that i can rebattle it, and if i can, where/how?

Status
Not open for further replies.