• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think you can also get it as a prize in the Battle Tree. All the other evolution items can be found there including the Ice Stone.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Not quite sure how it is with Yodel, but Amazon's policy is that if no-one's in and they don't require a signature (i.e. product/s under £50) and it will fit through your letterbox, they'll just skip it through. Fingers crossed for you either way!

Mine was dispatched yesterday morning but Amazon are being careful this time. Mine's being held just outside my local carrier radius :/

When I ordered mine from Amazon, it asked for a location to put it if no one is in the house, good thing because I'll be at school tomorrow

Silversea

Need some help with levelling suggestions. My team is level 50-55 and all the post-game fights are 60-65 and I'm getting creamed. I can't access several older locations because such forced fights are blocking me.

The best I can think of is the wild level 45-50 pokemon end game, but that's going to take a while. I'm very meticulous about fighting all the trainers on the routes so there is no one left except for these high level guys, apparently.

goodpeople25

You can try finding and fighting the eevee trainers (go talk to the veteran at the thrifty megarmart) there lvl 55 and quite predictable Also two trainers at the trainer school with lvl 55-57 Pokemon. When your at seafolk village try talking to a male sightseerer in the pokecenter, I think he activates at postgame. If you haven't already of course it might get you some exp to get over the hump.

Silversea

You can try finding and fighting the eevee trainers (go talk to the veteran at the thrifty megarmart) there lvl 55 and quite predictable Also two trainers at the trainer school with lvl 55-57 Pokemon. When your at seafolk village try talking to a male sightseerer in the pokecenter, I think he activates at postgame. If you haven't already of course it might get you some exp to get over the hump.

I've seen the guy with the exeggcute but the others I have not. Thanks, I'll look into this.

Pilpulp

美的
To people in Europe who are getting the game today or people who haven't gotten it yet:

I am usually a pessimist, but this game is a 10/10 in almost every way. The best story in any Pokemon game, a solid difficulty, and the environment is impeccable. Enjoy.

pOlarizer

Need some help with levelling suggestions. My team is level 50-55 and all the post-game fights are 60-65 and I'm getting creamed. I can't access several older locations because such forced fights are blocking me.

The best I can think of is the wild level 45-50 pokemon end game, but that's going to take a while. I'm very meticulous about fighting all the trainers on the routes so there is no one left except for these high level guys, apparently.

On a related note, how do we get lucky eggs? Possible to nab them off Chansey in SOS battles?

I tried to look up Kukui at Route 1 to get a lucky egg from him but he's not in his lab. How do we make him appear there?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
On a related note, how do we get lucky eggs? Possible to nab them off Chansey in SOS battles?

I tried to look up Kukui at Route 1 to get a lucky egg from him but he's not in his lab. How do we make him appear there?

I believe the Lucky Egg is obtained post-game.
Chansey is only encountered through SOS via Riolu, and I don't think Chansey can call another Chansey.

Tuoko

Except this situation is much difference. There's always been a National Dex, and it would barely take any work to implement, so I can't see why they'd just remove it completely.

It's probably because they're going to add the National Pokedex to Bank now.

That, and considering they just repeat entries for Pokemon only in the National Pokedex... They figured it'd be pointless to add it in Sun/Moon (and probably future games) since they're adding it in Bank.

I do wonder how the Pokedex entries will be handled, though, since Pokemon Bank would be able to connect with XY, ORAS, R(G)BY, and SM in the future. That's 9 or 10 different games.

XXD17

Draco rex
Ok. I'm just going to say it. Despite its subpar roster, Sun and Moon are definitely my favorite games to date beating out gen five. Gen five had its amazing roster, but gen seven built its world and story so freaking well. I loved every last bit of it from the futuristic research labs of The Aether foundation to the mysterious guardian shrines. It's a very beautiful game and the attention to small details are tremendous.

Currently I'm just wrapping up the side quest to obtain the eevium Z and I'm not going to spoil it, but it hits you pretty hard in the feels. It's probably the one time that Gamefreak has been so real about such an unavoidable subject. Speaking of feels though, there are quite a few feelsy moments in this game that I've noticed. More than in the other games at least...

pOlarizer

I believe the Lucky Egg is obtained post-game.
Chansey is only encountered through SOS via Riolu, and I don't think Chansey can call another Chansey.

I also noticed that Chanseys only have Lucky Punch now...that sucks.

On another note, Munchlax has Leftovers 100% of the time.

pOlarizer

Ok. I'm just going to say it. Despite its subpar roster, Sun and Moon are definitely my favorite games to date beating out gen five. Gen five had its amazing roster, but gen seven built its world and story so freaking well. I loved every last bit of it from the futuristic research labs of The Aether foundation to the mysterious guardian shrines. It's a very beautiful game and the attention to small details are tremendous.

Currently I'm just wrapping up the side quest to obtain the eevium Z and I'm not going to spoil it, but it hits you pretty hard in the feels. It's probably the one time that Gamefreak has been so real about such an unavoidable subject. Speaking of feels though, there are quite a few feelsy moments in this game that I've noticed. More than in the other games at least...

Agreed, I don't feel a need to rush through the story and am enjoying playing the story and exploring the world. The small roster of new Pokémon are pretty well designed and are fun to play with in their own ways.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Agreed, Black/White were my favorite Pokemon games until this point. X/Y's story was so forgettable I honestly don't care for it whenever I replay the game.
This story was like Pokemon MD tier of story, absolutely perfect.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Agreed, Black/White were my favorite Pokemon games until this point. X/Y's story was so forgettable I honestly don't care for it whenever I replay the game.
This story was like Pokemon MD tier of story, absolutely perfect.

I'm really glad someone else brought up not only how great the story in XY is, but how the PMD stories were amazing and the closest thing to these! Incidentally, that's not the only similarity - I'm noticing that the music is highly reminiscent of PMD music in a lot of places and scenes.

Moon so far has taken me 28 hours and 11 minutes, and I'm just now in Seafolk Village. That's by far a record length of time, and I usually beat the game and get to the credits in well under 24 hours play time. The depth of the characters is surprising for this series, the battles are tougher, the emphasis on relationships is done right as opposed to XY, the legendaries, the beautiful region, the music...

Woo, this is all just too much, I can't.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I just beat the game tonight.

May I say, these games were amazing. Great characters/story, music, difficulty, etc. Definitely my favorite Pokémon games to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.