• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. :( I can relate there. Ran into a shiny Weezing in the Safari Zone in Soul Silver and it ran away from me. I hope you can find another one.

I decided to Masuda a new one. I bred 100 eggs, and I got the shiny on the 6th egg.

I'm really loving Sun and Moon. The storyline is a lot more mature, the gameplay mechanics have been taken up a notch, and all the Pokemon I use feel refreshing. The only minor gripe is that about 75% of the roster are slow, but like I said, its only minor to me, and there are ways to work around that.

utlhmsus

Does anyone else think that SOS battles are incredibly annoying? I mean, they have their benefits but if you're just trying to catch a Pokémon it's a nightmare. It took me 15 minutes to catch an Oranguru and just now it took me 20 minutes to catch a level 18 Magby that KO'd half of my level 55 Pokémon. They should either have made the Adrenaline Orbs be required to trigger an SOS battle or have an item that'll stop them from calling for allies (wouldn't work against Totem Pokemon of course).

cl94

The SOS battles actually make catching stuff a little more interesting and it throws a wrench in the strategy I've been using for 15+ years. Takes the difficulty up a notch and that isn't a bad thing, especially with how so many species have a ball or two that jacks up the catch rate now.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Something I have noticed... why aren't we allowed to enter random houses in the cities anymore? I'm in Paniola Town currently, and all cities so far (with the exception of Iki Town) don't allow you to explore the houses, except the important buildings or houses that belong to important characters. In Paniola, the only house you can literally enter is the one belonging to Kiawe, and from that motel on Route 2, you can only enter two rooms, while doors ARE there. What the heck, GF?

And where can I get a Lucky Egg? I hate the Exp. System this gen, takes ages to level up a Pokémon.

Last edited:

cl94

In previous generations, houses you can't enter just didn't have visible doors. Look at all of the buildings in Saffron City you can't enter.

This may be a dumb question, but when you transfer your Pokemon from previous games to Pokemon Sun/Moon, does the Pokemon keep its level?
Like if I had a level 70 Blastoise and I transfer, will it still be level 70?

shadowF

Oh, so how does this work with the alternative world? If I have Pokemon Sun and I want to play only at night time does that mean when it becomes daytime I can switch it to night time? or with sun the alternative world will only be daytime?

BCVM22

This may be a dumb question, but when you transfer your Pokemon from previous games to Pokemon Sun/Moon, does the Pokemon keep its level?
Like if I had a level 70 Blastoise and I transfer, will it still be level 70?

There's nothing in the transfer ahead that alters levels, even if we won't have Bank-to-Sun/Moon until January.

Oh, so how does this work with the alternative world? If I have Pokemon Sun and I want to play only at night time does that mean when it becomes daytime I can switch it to night time? or with sun the alternative world will only be daytime?

Take Solgaleo to the Altar (night only) and it will pop you into the alternate world, where it is daytime. The alternate world will always be the opposite time of day relative to your primary world.

shadowF

Take Solgaleo to the Altar (night only) and it will pop you into the alternate world, where it is daytime. The alternate world will always be the opposite time of day relative to your primary world.[/QUOTE]

So if I take Solgaleo when it is nightime to the altar then it will be daytime. But if I take Solgaleo to the altar in daytime then it cannot change it to nightime? So Pokemon Sun can only be regular cyle or full only daytime but not fulltime nighttime?

cl94

Alternate world is 12 hours off of what it is in your game's "regular world". Day becomes night and night becomes day.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So if I take Solgaleo when it is nightime to the altar then it will be daytime. But if I take Solgaleo to the altar in daytime then it cannot change it to nightime? So Pokemon Sun can only be regular cyle or full only daytime but not fulltime nighttime?

Solgaleo will only let you access it when it's nighttime, to play during daytime. Lunala will only let you access it when it's daytime, to play during nighttime.

Doesn't matter which game, just which legendary.

astarsas

Soooo, don't know if this is the place to discuss it, but r there clues for Gen 4 remakes in the game like there were for Gen 3 in X and Y

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Soooo, don't know if this is the place to discuss it, but r there clues for Gen 4 remakes in the game like there were for Gen 3 in X and Y

-UB storyline and Type: Null make allusions to Creation Trio and Arceus respectively.

-Sinnoh starters are the only starters that remain besides the starters you obtain this game and in the Gen VI games.

-Cynthia is the only Battle Tree opponent without a redesign.

-Most of the currently Unobtainable Pokémon can be found in Sinnoh, either in-game in the Regional Dex or post-game.

-Solgaleo and Lunala evolving from base Pokémon is a continuation on Rowan's brief infodump in Platinum about evolution, wherein he talked about of the evolution might be a means of achieving gradual perfection, and legendaries don't need this because they are already perfect on their own.

These are extremely conjectural, however.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
-UB storyline and Type: Null make allusions to Creation Trio and Arceus respectively.

-Sinnoh starters are the only starters that remain besides the starters you obtain this game and in the Gen VI games.

-Cynthia is the only Battle Tree opponent without a redesign.

-Most of the currently Unobtainable Pokémon can be found in Sinnoh, either in-game in the Regional Dex or post-game.

-Solgaleo and Lunala evolving from base Pokémon is a continuation on Rowan's brief infodump in Platinum about evolution, wherein he talked about of the evolution might be a means of achieving gradual perfection, and legendaries don't need this because they are already perfect on their own.

These are extremely conjectural, however.

Johto starters are the only other available starters.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can't you also get the Unova starters?

Fully evolved, yeah you can.
Unless he meant in their base forms. You have to breed them in order to get Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig.

Sabre_King

Hey idk if any one ever notice this in the pokedex, so I apologize if it has been brought up but has anyone noticed that miltank and tauros are grouped together in the same family? What I mean is the pokedex is set up so when you see a pokemon the entire evolutionary family is seen on the top screen, but when you go to miltank or tauros they both appear at the same time on the top screen. I was curious on what everyone thought about this because all other single stage pokemon are by themselves. Obviously there is no connection through a pokemon, but I wonder what this may ever hint at. Again sorry if this has been brought up but I was just curious what everyone else thought by this. For reference just look at the Alola pokedex as a whole and if you have seen tauros and miltank then you will see both appear in the top screen of the 3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.