• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the Magic. It's not as good as ORAS.

The post game is pretty meh, alternate world isn't anything special and the new elite four isn't either (just higher levels of what they already have). It doesn't come close to the story of zinnia in ORAS. That post game blows that out of the water.

I just thought that based on the hype it and what came before that this would be truly great and amazing. But I found it to be rather meh the more I played, hoping it would turn around. In short it fell short for me, they could have done better.

And I disagree with the character development. It was rather weak and obvious, I could see it a mile away.

Sakuraba

I'm very happy with the games. The story was cool, having probably the best character development in the series with Lillie. Hau and Gladion come very close behind. But......

I really don't care about any other character. Lusamine was a good villain, but I didn't like they tried to redeem her. Guzma was just there. Kukui.... Is weird. He's there and does a lot, but he seems kinda forced in a lot of places. And the Trial Captains are.... boring to say the least. Acerola is the best one just because she has some background. Hala, Olivia, Nanu and Hapu are fun though.

I honestly don't care about the post game. There's the mission with Looker, and then I'm done with it. I'm going to start completing the Pokedex once PokeBank drops though.

So, honestly, this is my second favorite game in the series. So, right now, the list goes:

-Black/White
-Sun/Moon
-Platinum
-Black2/White2
-OmegaRuby/AlphaShappire
-X/Y

shadowF

Why do people feel the post game is lacking? I feel like it is larger than ORAS and X&Y for sure.

cl94

I like that they did quite a bit more to tell us more about the main NPCs than in the past. The Kahunas generally have a backstory, as do most of the trial captains. We learn about the professor's family and the family of the friend/rival. Lillie has much better character development than any other character in the series by quite a bit. Other than Oak, no professor really has much character development prior to Kukui.

The professor being the champion is great, IMO. Based on data in RB(G)Y, Oak may have been the original planned champion. I don't know if this was the intent, but it certainly reminded me of the unused player data for Oak.

I'm definitely a huge Johto guy, but Sun/Moon may have passed them just because it's a great plot and there are a bunch of twists that required me to turn off autopilot as the strategy changed entirely.

As far as the post-game, the only games I can think of with more of a post-game are the Johto games. Would it have been cool if we could have gone to Kanto? Certainly. But there are definitely more legendaries to catch than in any previous generation and the champion rematch format is a neat change.

Xuxuba

It's so funny how people act like the "alternate world" actually adds something to the postgame other than being able to change the clock and get a pokemon that you already caught lol

The postgame is definetly lacking. We get some rematches, a battle tower clone and a few legendaries/ubs to catch.

Last edited:

cl94

It's so funny how people act like the "alternate world" actually adds something to the postgame other than being able to change the clock and getting a pokemon that you already caught lol

Technically, the one "legendary" you get in the post-game isn't in the Dex, even though you see it pretty early on in the game, so you didn't already catch it.

goodpeople25

It's so funny how people act like the "alternate world" actually adds something to the postgame other than being able to change the clock and get a pokemon that you already caught lol

The postgame is definetly lacking. We get some rematches, a battle tower clone and a few legendaries/ubs to catch.
Where are you seeing this? I see people listing it as a feature of the post game and it is, nevermind that it can mean whatever anyone wants it to be.

And wow, that'a just objectively wrong.

Xuxuba

Technically, the one "legendary" you get in the post-game isn't in the Dex, even though you see it pretty early on in the game, so you didn't already catch it.

Doesn't change much tbh, you don't even battle it, you just received it.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Why do people feel the post game is lacking? I feel like it is larger than ORAS and X&Y for sure.
I agree. I mean, the post-game obviously isn't at B2W2/HGSS levels, but it's still pretty good.

Xuxuba

Where are you seeing this? I see people listing it as a feature of the post game and it is, nevermind that it can mean whatever anyone wants it to be.

And wow, that'a just objectively wrong.

please explain to me, the stupid person, how being able to change the game's clock is a groundbreaking new feature that adds a lot to the postgame...

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

I don't think anyone acts like it adds that much, they simply list it as one of many post-game features.

Anyone can spin the post-game experience in any way they want - you can minimize it, call the Battle Tree a Battle Tower clone, whereas I can talk it up and drone on about the differences and the deeper elements of the UB quest - but the reality is that there's significantly more to do than in Kalos and about as much as (if not just a little more than) in ORAS Hoenn, and that's pretty much the important part.

Last edited:

goodpeople25

please explain to me, the stupid person, how being able to change the game's clock is a groundbreaking new feature that adds a lot to the postgame...
I'm asking you where you see people saying that in the first place. It's a new feature that is in the postgame and is listed as such, anyway what you think of it is your opinon but others are allowed theirs.

Xuxuba

I don't think anyone acts like it adds that much, they simply list it as one of many post-game features.

Anyone can spin the post-game experience in any way they want - you can minimize it, call the Battle Tree a Battle Tower clone, whereas I can talk it up and drone on about the differences and the deeper elements of the UB quest - but the reality is that there's significantly more to do than in Kalos and about as much as in ORAS Hoenn, and that's pretty much the important part.

let's see the standard 3vs3 single and double battles where every pokemon's level is reduced to 50. It's pretty much the battle tower.

Meh, i actually prefer XY postgame, because it had new areas to explore, a battle facility with more modes and a more original sidequest (they already explored alternate dimensions and "aliens", a.k.a Deoxys, in the Delta Episode, so the whole UB thing is kind of repetitive to me) . Don't really care about catching legendaries/ubs anyway, since you can get them on the GTS :/

I'm asking you where you see people saying that in the first place. It's a new feature that is in the postgame and is listed as such, anyway what you think of it is your opinon but others are allowed theirs.
people always list that when they are trying to convince other people that sm's postgame is better than the previous generation's postgame, but it isn't as much of a postgame feature as it's a silly handicap getting removed, one that you could removed it at any time by changing the 3ds clock but with a few consequences
you said i was wrong by saying that and now you're saying nobody disagreed with my statement lol

Last edited:

BCVM22

so the whole UB thing is kind of repetitive to me) . Don't really care about catching legendaries/ubs anyway, since you can get them on the GTS :/

There's part of the problem. If you want to discount half the postgame material by saying (questionably) "well, they've done this before" and "meh I can just trade for them randomly," that's up to you, but don't be surprised when people call that out as not making much sense and not being great reasons to claim the postgame is lacking.

knightwolf09

Guys, I want to rake up battle points bad. I only made it up to 15 and I'm getting fed up real quick. What's a good mon or team to dominate with?

Xuxuba

There's part of the problem. If you want to discount half the postgame material by saying (questionably) "well, they've done this before" and "meh I can just trade for them randomly," that's up to you, but don't be surprised when people call that out as not making much sense and not being great reasons to claim the postgame is lacking.

so saying they already did it before and they did better isn't a good reason?

lol

anyway, don't really care if you think i have a "good reason" or not for disliking the postgame. That's like getting angry because someone doesn't like potatoes.

Silversea

I just learned that UBs don't disappear so I've been farming them for experience. It's quicker than grinding on level 40-45 wild pokemon. Hope to get something to level 55 by tomorrow but it is slow going even with this method.

This does actually really tick me off. Why is there such a big level jump in trainers without anywhere to farm in-between? I've taken out every trainer before post game so there is no one left, it isn't like I've been lazy in building my team. Just tried to get to Poni Island stuff and Dexio showed up. Not only another level 60-65 trainer battle but that espeon took out everything I had in one move. So embarrassing. I guess I had no urgent reason to explore that island.

Back to grinding!

Last edited:

BCVM22

Not especially. Particularly since that's subjective at best. There's not much that Delta Episode and the UB Missions have in common aside from both being postgame narrative elements.

anyway, don't really care if you think i have a "good reason" or not for disliking the postgame

Well, good news on that front.

That's like getting angry because someone doesn't like potatoes.

Who the hell doesn't like potatoes?

goodpeople25

lol

anyway, don't really care if you think i have a "good reason" or not for disliking the postgame. That's like getting angry because someone doesn't like potatoes.
No it's like saying that potatoes don't have much starch (or whatever don't think we need a potato lesson) and people saying that isn't correct. We aren't saying you can't dislike it, but that you seem to be saying the postgame is lacking in content. (Lacking in content you like is fine and your right)

Status
Not open for further replies.