• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

Depends. What point in the game are you at now?

I caught Lunala and just need to go to the E4. Pretty lackluster selection of clothing in all the shops, even in that "Gracidea" shop in the Hau'oli mall. :(

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I caught Lunala and just need to go to the E4. Pretty lackluster selection of clothing in all the shops, even in that "Gracidea" shop in the Hau'oli mall. :(
Yeah, I think all the clothing shops are available by then.

It's not really the clothe selection being lackluster, as there are way more clothes than their were in XY. It just seems that these styles of clothes focus less on fashion like in Kalos and more on "adventurous" clothing.

BlitzGirl41

Yeah, I think all the clothing shops are available by then.

It's not really the clothe selection being lackluster, as there are way more clothes than their were in XY. It just seems that these styles of clothes focus less on fashion like in Kalos and more on "adventurous" clothing.

I'm also not liking the exact shades of colors available. I have Moon, so I have blue and such, which is fine with me, but the shade of purple, for example, that's available is just...blech. It barely looks purple to me, personally. Some of the colors clash too much, forcing me to have white bottoms with a colored top.

clbgolden12

I'm also not liking the exact shades of colors available. I have Moon, so I have blue and such, which is fine with me, but the shade of purple, for example, that's available is just...blech. It barely looks purple to me, personally. Some of the colors clash too much, forcing me to have white bottoms with a colored top.
You can dye your clothes in the Plaza.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Also, if your Festival Plaza rank is at least 10, you can seek out clothing from the other game by interacting with guests in your plaza that are wearing items you are interested in. Tell them "Your outfit looks great" and if they mention an item you want, pay the required amount of festival coins to obtain it.

astarsas

Eventually? Probably. Any time soon, hinted at in these games, and/or warranting immediate discussion? No.

Really??? F*********k. I would have said the fact that they talk about dimensions and such and that there are so little gen 4 pokemon might be reason enough to think there might be this gen. Plus the only starters that haven't featured lately are the Gen 4 ones (GEN1 and 6 in XY, GEN 3 in ORAS and GEN2,5 and 7 in SM)

BCVM22

might be reason enough to think there might be this gen.

There might still be. But there's nothing in Sun & Moon that suggests it directly, and there's more than enough ambiguity about the length and breadth of Generation VII and the future of Nintendo's handheld(s) and hardware that there's nothing that really rates discussion right now, or at least nothing that isn't speculation, wishful thinking and really, really thin and far reaches.

clbgolden12

After some of the cliffhangers from this game, I actually hope we don't get Sinnoh remakes but instead sequels to these games.

But after what happened with XY...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
After some of the cliffhangers from this game, I actually hope we don't get Sinnoh remakes but instead sequels to these games.

I really hope this is the case. I could only imagine the new and improved Festival Plaza and more improvements to trainer customization that such might lead to. :D

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Pretty basic stuff. There's a few post-game areas to explore, and in addition to the Tree there's also Battle Royals, the Battle Buffet, and a few Trainers to face around the region (the Eevee Trainers, Morimoto, and the Trainer School principle come to mind).

It's too bad since I was hoping that Sun and Moon's post game activities would be broader and more fun than X and Y's post game. Each time we get a new game I tell myself that Gamefreak might improve the post game, but each time it feels lacking. I guess I'll just focus on completing my Dex in Sun when I finish the main storyline. ^^;

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like this post game. I didn't even know about the desert until the UB missions and it took me hours to find the entrance to the cave that leads to that one bay on Melemele Island.

goodpeople25

I like this post game. I didn't even know about the desert until the UB missions and it took me hours to find the entrance to the cave that leads to that one bay on Melemele Island.
Yeah it's quite possible to not go to every area in a (blind?) run this time around (The locations you listed I went to around when they opened them, but what I didn't do till the postgame was go down the mountain with the observatory, it completely slipped my mind that there was more to it) while it's not really postgame it might as well be for some. And I appreciate that some locations are pretty much Post-Island which I feel has a similar sentiment.

clbgolden12

It's too bad since I was hoping that Sun and Moon's post game activities would be broader and more fun than X and Y's post game. Each time we get a new game I tell myself that Gamefreak might improve the post game, but each time it feels lacking. I guess I'll just focus on completing my Dex in Sun when I finish the main storyline. ^^;
I'd say that Sun and Moon's post-game has much more than XYs.

Not a fan of how there are few places for EXP grinding, tho.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Why not both?
I just hope the sequel or third version for this game actually has an National Dex

Wingulltrainer

Something i'm curious about; i've been doing a lot of wonder trading, and i've recieved one each of the johto starters. I haven't made it to the elite four yet, so do you recieve one of them after the main game?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
In the end, well...no. Personally, though, I think - and the general consensus seems to be - that these could be potential Gym/trial locations for any future potential return to Alola, as soon or as far off as they may be.

What are these empty plots I'm reading about? Are they those random tiny beaches here and there?

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Something i'm curious about; i've been doing a lot of wonder trading, and i've recieved one each of the johto starters. I haven't made it to the elite four yet, so do you recieve one of them after the main game?

No, you can get the starters by doing an island scan for Melemele Island on certain days, which is possible prior to even leaving it for Akala Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.