• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom champion Z

When you add everything together you can see that Z wasn't planned, GF only wanted us to assume Z with all the Z related stuff to then throw us off with SM. It keeps interests in the games because everyone wants to know what are these games, why isn't it Z, will link back to Kalos, etc. Plus GF knew we were expecting Z from the release of XY, it was even said in an interview, but that was too predictable and to prove it they released all the info about Z, watch the fans eat it up and then get thrown all the way off when SM was announced, so they lived up to their TrollFreak name lol

New generations take at least 2 years with all the research going into Pokemon designs, location scouting for the region, various mythologies, etc. So going back GF had to at least start working on these after XY or ORAS. It wouldn't make much sense to start working on a Z, release info related to Z to then cancel all that work to go start something that's basically brand new

I agree, I think people really jumped the gun with z. I thought all the zygarde stuff would have been a little complex to work in the game?

Mokepon22

I meant as a whole across the generation when I said impossible. And Light of Ruin/AZ's Floette would be another example of things they seemed to have had planned, but cancelled rather abruptly.

I wouldn't say 'cancelled' but more 'put off' because they can still turn up in SM

I agree, I think people really jumped the gun with z. I thought all the zygarde stuff would have been a little complex to work in the game?

All the signs pointed to a Z so it really wasn't our fault, GF was just playing with us lol

Doubt it would be any more complex than what they originally planned. In whatever way Zygarde changes formes in SM would've been the same way it changes formes in Z

Akashin

I don't see how it would be too complex, and it's too soon to say the Zygarde stuff won't be in the games. All we know is that Zygarde isn't getting a game dedicated to it.

I'd be content with it getting a Delta Episode of sorts, provided there's a reason for that to be taking place in a new region and not Kalos.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't expect Kalos to be accessible in Sun and Moon if that's what you're implying. ^^; Personally, I don't care about Zygarde's formes much and if they're missing in these games, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I agree that they can keep those formes anime-exclusive. I don't really care.

But the thing is, a lot of fans think (and I know a lot of you would also agree) that XY felt...

Unpolished.
Lackluster.
Overshadowed by Gen 1 references.

These reasons led most of us to assume that we would get Z. That GF would fix XY, and give Zygarde the next spotlight, just like how Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem got theirs.

But no. GF gave us Sun & Moon. There is no Z. We are officially in Gen 7.

Of course it is understandable that this move by GF would have fans questioning the fate of Zygarde and Kalos.
That's why some of us begin to speculate if SM is the GSC to XY.

Besides, I don't see the problem of including Kalos as a post-game region.
Distance between regions? I don't see it as a huge issue. We've got cruise ships. Or provide us with jets/airplanes.
Plot? The main game and post-game can be separate.

GF can hit two birds in one stone with this game. A new gen, and a third version in one.

Besides, Masuda once said that they would include all the regions in one game if they could "come up with a way to really make that interesting".
This game may not have all regions but this could be it.

If SM and XY are closely connected myth/lore/plot-wise, revisiting Kalos is not out of the question.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I agree that they can keep those formes anime-exclusive. I don't really care.

But the thing is, a lot of fans think (and I know a lot of you would also agree) that XY felt...

Unpolished.
Lackluster.
Overshadowed by Gen 1 references.

These reasons led most of us to assume that we would get Z. That GF would fix XY, and give Zygarde the next spotlight, just like how Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem got theirs.

But no. GF gave us Sun & Moon. There is no Z. We are officially in Gen 7.

Of course it is understandable that this move by GF would have fans questioning the fate of Zygarde and Kalos.
That's why some of us begin to speculate if SM is the GSC to XY.

Besides, I don't see the problem of including Kalos as a post-game region.
Distance between regions? I don't see it as a huge issue. We've got cruise ships. Or provide us with jets/airplanes.
Plot? The main game and post-game can be separate.

GF can hit two birds in one stone with this game. A new gen, and a third version in one.

Besides, Masuda once said that they would include all the regions in one game if they could "come up with a way to really make that interesting".
This game may not have all regions but this could be it.

If SM and XY are closely connected myth/lore/plot-wise, revisiting Kalos is not out of the question.

What about the fact that they have to remake the whole region?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What about the fact that they have to remake the whole region?

That crossed my mind as well.
It would take a lot of work, but they could if they want to.

Did Gen 4 and Gen 5 share the same engine?

I think it is entirely possible that Gen 7 might be using an upgraded engine used in Gen 6.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
That crossed my mind as well.
It would take a lot of work, but they could if they want to.

Did Gen 4 and Gen 5 share the same engine?

Gen 5 was new, but not a huge improvement like 5 to 6 or 3 to 4. It would still take a lot though even if this is more like how 5 was over 4. Plus fitting both entire regions in, it just seems unlikely. It would automatically have to scale down the potential size of the new region.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Gen 5 was new, but not a huge improvement like 5 to 6 or 3 to 4. It would still take a lot though even if this is more like how 5 was over 4. Plus fitting both entire regions in, it just seems unlikely. It would automatically have to scale down the potential size of the new region.

Cartridge memory capacity is not an issue in 3DS cartridges.

XY and ORAS are both roughly 1.7gb each.
The maximum 3DS cartridge capacity is 8gb.

I don't see any reason to downsize the region. Unless there is another factor I'm unaware of.

Cartridge memory capacity is not an issue in 3DS cartridges.

XY and ORAS are both roughly 1.7gb each.
The maximum 3DS cartridge capacity is 8gb.

I don't see any reason to downsize the region. Unless there is another factor I'm unaware of.

The only problem I can see with this is for players who download the game off the eShop, but even then they could just start selling some large SD cards or something.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The only problem I can see with this is for players who download the game off the eShop, but even then they could just start selling some large SD cards or something.

Fire Emblem Fates (all three paths) are over 3 GB estimate
Bravely Default is 3.23 GB
Resident Evil: Revelations is 3.15 GB
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is 3.6 GB

Those are few of the largest downloadable 3DS games on the eShop.
Also, SD cards aren't an issue.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Even though the 3DS can contain everything, they should still lock off some places like Victory Road and League, Kiloude City, Looker Bureau, etc.

Fire Emblem Fates (all three paths) are over 3 GB estimate
Bravely Default is 3.23 GB
Resident Evil: Revelations is 3.15 GB
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is 3.6 GB

Those are few of the largest downloadable 3DS games on the eShop.
Also, SD cards aren't an issue.

Huh, really? In that case, Viva la Kalos!, I guess :p

Even though the 3DS can contain everything, they should still lock off some places like Victory Road and League, Kiloude City, Looker Bureau, etc.

But why? Kanto and Johto shared one, and BW2 Unova was likely to give a fresh twist. Chances are, Kalos and New Region could have separate leagues. Kiloude doesn't really have any reason for being closed, and Bureau should probably stay open if not just for the story potential with Emma.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

But why? Kanto and Johto shared one, and BW2 Unova was likely to give a fresh twist. Chances are, Kalos and New Region could have separate leagues. Kiloude doesn't really have any reason for being closed, and Bureau should probably stay open if not just for the story potential with Emma.

It would cause problems if there were two separate leagues.

It would cause problems if there were two separate leagues.

Not really? The region's been hinted to be far away, so it'd most likely have a different league. It'd most likely go:

8 Badges, New League
8 Badges, Kalos League

clbgolden12

The league because you're already the champion of the other region, so they wouldn't allow you to be the champion of both. (Unless we get a shared league like in GSC and HGSS.)
If we get our Battle Frontier or whatever battle place in the new region, then Kiloude really just isn't needed.
And Looker Bureau isn't needed without the post-game that XY had, but I guess it could return if they wanted to.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The league because you're already the champion of the other region, so they wouldn't allow you to be the champion of both. (Unless we get a shared league like in GSC and HGSS.)
If we get our Battle Frontier or whatever battle place in the new region, then Kiloude really just isn't needed.
And Looker Bureau isn't needed without the post-game that XY had, but I guess it could return if they wanted to.

Well wouldn't the regions champions all know each other? I am sure they've had exhibition matches where someone had to of won, but I don't think that makes them the champion of that region.
It could be rules that you aren't allowed to be champion of more than one region? Bar Kanto and Johto since they share a league.

clbgolden12

Well wouldn't the regions champions all know each other? I am sure they've had exhibition matches where someone had to of won, but I don't think that makes them the champion of that region.
It could be rules that you aren't allowed to be champion of more than one region? Bar Kanto and Johto since they share a league.
I suppose, both rather than having to remake the entire Victory Road and League would take some time. They could just have the Champion battle at some random place or World Tournament return.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I see no reason why you can't be the Champion of both. There could be some sort of rule, but there's certainly not one we know of. Besides, if we do go to Kalos, we will likely be collecting badges there to give purpose to traveling there, and collecting badges is pointless without a league.

I think they may know each other. Which got me thinking. How fun would it be to challenge all of the previous E4 champs in one game? I know it may not happen, but would be fun :)

Think everyone's forgetting that it's the 20th Anniversary.

They're going to do whatever they wish to blow nostalgia in our face every chance we get, and it's not like the player character gets to remain in the region where they are Champion and fulfil their roles as thus. We've always travelled after winning the league. There's nothing to state we can't wander after winning the first (heck, this could be explained with the resurgence of an evil team such as Flare) and become the Champion of another region.

I think they may know each other. Which got me thinking. How fun would it be to challenge all of the previous E4 champs in one game? I know it may not happen, but would be fun :)

So basically the PWT? I'd be up for that (again)!

Status
Not open for further replies.