• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance828

Any kind souls can help? we can check friend's various rankings by choosing "Let me see how you are doing" in festival plaza. But how do we get access to our own? Is getting your friend to check yours the only way?

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Any kind souls can help? we can check friend's various rankings by choosing "Let me see how you are doing" in festival plaza. But how do we get access to our own? Is getting your friend to check yours the only way?

If you're referring to things like Trade Rank or Caring Rank, I'm curious about this as well. I tried the profile in the menu but to no avail. The only thing I know is the greetings and Festival Rank.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
We're at almost 250,000 captured QR Pokemon from the last four days, and only 6 more days remain to reach 1,000,000.

Yup. We're going to fail this mission, too.

To be fair, it's not easy for players to know there's a Global Mission going on. There's no in-game notification of it. You have to check with the lady in the castle.

Besides Bellosom, Charizard is a Ride Pokémon and yet he is not in the Alola Dex.

Again, the reason I find it strange Bellossom's not in Alola is that Bellossom fits with the theme of the place. The Makuhita line got included (sumo wrestling is big in Hawaii), the Raticate line was included and got an Alola form (rats are a major invasive species problem in Hawaii), Corsola was included (Hawaii is known for its coral reefs), and the Exeggcute line was included and also got an Alola form (the stereotypical tropical coconuts). That is, every other Pokémon who looks like they'll fit into a place themed on Hawaii is there except for Bellossom.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
To be fair, it's not easy for players to know there's a Global Mission going on. There's no in-game notification of it. You have to check with the lady in the castle.

Actually, there will be a notification for the Global Mission everytime you connect to the Internet. It will be gone once you've registered to the mission. I got lots of it for the first Global Mission but at that time, I thought I must get Game Sync to join.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Actually, there will be a notification for the Global Mission everytime you connect to the Internet. It will be gone once you've registered to the mission. I got lots of it for the first Global Mission but at that time, I thought I must get Game Sync to join.

Really? I never got it for this one, and I was barely in time for the deadline of the previous one as I didn't know there was one going on. Where is the notification?

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Really? I never got it for this one, and I was barely in time for the deadline of the previous one as I didn't know there was one going on. Where is the notification?

It is usually after the "Checking the data..." message. There will be a big text box that notifies you of the mission. Unless you spam A button, it's not easy to miss.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It is usually after the "Checking the data..." message. There will be a big text box that notifies you of the mission. Unless you spam A button, it's not easy to miss.

You mean on the bottom screen when you're connecting online, with the blue background?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yes. I thought it was part of the loading when I saw it but you can already proceed by pressing A.

I see. I think I know why I missed it then: Connecting online, then connecting to Game Sync takes so long that I just tune everything out until I see the Festival Plaza.

Does it also tell you how to get to the Global Mission? I had to look that up myself.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I see. I think I know why I missed it then: Connecting online, then connecting to Game Sync takes so long that I just tune everything out until I see the Festival Plaza.

Does it also tell you how to get to the Global Mission? I had to look that up myself.

I do remember saying that you have to get to the Global Missions counter or something similar. The thing with the notification is so vague that you just have to look it up if you want a detailed explanation.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
So where do you suggest we can get this info?

I've asked this question before quite a ways back, but just like it seems to be now, it got either ignored or no one knew the answer. As far as I know, there is no way to do this surprisingly, which is a real blow because this is one of my favorite parts about the game. I have to look from my relatives game to see my stats.

Exsception

Born Completionist
So where do you suggest we can get this info?

You can't access that info freely, for some reason. However, If you find a guest that says "Battle! Battle!" then you'll have the choice of competing one of your ingame stats with the guest. You can check the record of the three stats you're given the option to use, and that's the closest you can get to checking your own stats, unfortunately.

Satoshi & Touko

You can't access that info freely, for some reason. However, If you find a guest that says "Battle! Battle!" then you'll have the choice of competing one of your ingame stats with the guest. You can check the record of the three stats you're given the option to use, and that's the closest you can get to checking your own stats, unfortunately.

Yeah. :(

This fact is probably the stupidest thing I've discovered about these games. They give it so much attention as a Festival Plaza feature, it's a very enjoyable one, yet I can't check my own stats unless through someone elses game. 10 points for that one GameFreak. :rolleyes:

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Speaking of the Festival, I really hate it when people with "Do you know what I feel?" greeting ask for stall recommendations. Like really, how am I suppose to know what they like. They're random strangers and the questionnaires don't help with this since most of them are listed as "No idea."

FowTech95

Random Passerby
so im on poni island right now
am I supposed to have run into marinie or evolved my crabrawler or chargabug yet
also my lycanroc is lv. 51 haha

- You have to SOS Chain with a Corsola (they're more common in Melemele Sea) to encounter Maraenie.
- Crabrawler evolves in Mount Lanakila, which is basically the Victory Road.
- Charjabug evolves in Vast Poni Canyon so you're steps away to evolving it.

Satoshi & Touko

Speaking of the Festival, I really hate it when people with "Do you know what I feel?" greeting ask for stall recommendations. Like really, how am I suppose to know what they like. They're random strangers and the questionnaires don't help with this since most of them are listed as "No idea."

I know right? The bright side though is that they pay twice as many Festival coins when you get them right as opposed to those that are more obvious.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
It would sound crazy that we would fight Wally's ghost, even though we saw him at the Battle Tree, in the flesh. If he were to come from an Ultra Wormhole, how would you know if he lost part of his memories from his travels in a portal?

Even if Sun & Moon approximately took 10 years after Gen V, why would Cynthia & Wally look the same after all these years? Heck, Dexio & Sina looked older the last time we saw them in Gen VI, but Wally still looked like the same shorty kid we saw from ORAS, even though he is now in his 20's.

That's the problem, Wally doesn't really say much about where he came from. All he does is battle without mentioning anything much at all and we have to assume these things which sucks for us.
Either that or Wally has already reached the peak of his height during ORAS.

Cynthia not aging is probably because of fanservice. Yeah, I know it's a weak answer but there's a lot of people who like her as a character so it's probably why she always appears in the later Pokemon games in the first place after DPPt. I guess the producers didn't put much though when they were doing it. Heck, we should have been questioning Cynthia's age since the Black and White games since there's a big time gap in that.

My other answer is that women don't really age that much in the Pokemon games. I mean, look at Lusamine, she's over 40 but still maintains that look. Cynthia must have looked after herself really well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.