• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
There's a lot of bugs with Festival Plaza and online features overall. There's these ranking issues you mentioned and I'm having a nightmare of a time once again with GTS. How long do they usually take to develop needed patches? I don't remember the first X and Y patches taking this long.

I know that X and Y didn't take long is because of the gamebreaking glitch that immediately needed to be fixed. Unlike then, Sun and Moon doesn't have severe bugs that needed a fix ASAP.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You must be a new Pokémon trainer lol. Pokerus is a plus and pretty rare to find. Nice luck there!

Hey, there's very little in Pokémon that's obvious. Someone could very well have been playing since Generation I and just never knew anyone who knows about the in-depth mechanics.

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Do you I really think that's possible? 18 years of playing Pokémon and never even hearing of pokerus? I think that would be a damn fine accomplishment honestly

It's possible when you play it so casually that you don't even bother going to Serebii or GameFAQs. I myself learned of the status after playing for 5 years.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Do you I really think that's possible? 18 years of playing Pokémon and never even hearing of pokerus? I think that would be a damn fine accomplishment honestly

It's really not that surprising, some people just genuinely don't care or aren't aware of all the micro stats in Pokémon. Most mechanics aren't explained within the games themselves. There's maybe one NPC in the entire series that says "My Pokémon caught Pokerus! What does that mean?" How the hell is anyone supposed to figure out what that means without looking it up? Same goes for Natures, IVs, EVs, nearly all weird shiny-hunting methods and whatnot.

I know some people irl that have been playing since either Yellow or GSC and they just never cared for the competitive aspect of Pokémon, and I doubt they're aware of how deep it goes.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's really not that surprising, some people just genuinely don't care or aren't aware of all the micro stats in Pokémon. Most mechanics aren't explained within the games themselves. There's maybe one NPC in the entire series that says "My Pokémon caught Pokerus! What does that mean?" How the hell is anyone supposed to figure out what that means without looking it up? Same goes for Natures, IVs, EVs, nearly all weird shiny-hunting methods and whatnot.

I know some people irl that have been playing since either Yellow or GSC and they just never cared for the competitive aspect of Pokémon, and I doubt they're aware of how deep it goes.

Im a prime example! No idea what Pokerus is...but i've been playing since the beginning. Now im gonna look it up and probably not ask any questions in fear i'll just get made fun of :p

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've been playing since the beginning as well and still have little knowledge on all this detailed mumbo-jumbo (IVs, EVs, etc.) is. I don't even know what MM means! I've seen people use the term a lot on here, but I don't know what it means. And I'm not worried about being made fun of for asking this stuff, but I have no idea on where to begin to improve my knowledge of these things a little bit.

BCVM22

I don't even know what MM means! I've seen people use the term a lot on here, but I don't know what it means.

Masuda Method, named for game director Junichi Masuda, who had it implemented starting in Diamond/Pearl. Breeding two Pokémon of different languages/regions increases the odds the baby will be Shiny.

but I have no idea on where to begin to improve my knowledge of these things a little bit.

You're in luck - it's a big message board.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?655058-Official-Sun-amp-Moon-Help-Thread
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?461292-The-Pokemon-Questions-Thread-Again!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I've been playing since the beginning as well and still have little knowledge on all this detailed mumbo-jumbo (IVs, EVs, etc.) is. I don't even know what MM means! I've seen people use the term a lot on here, but I don't know what it means. And I'm not worried about being made fun of for asking this stuff, but I have no idea on where to begin to improve my knowledge of these things a little bit.

lol i dont actually feel bad asking I just wanted that turd to feel bad :p

Orphalesion

I agree completely. I've been playing on and off since Blue, which was like the first video game I've ever owned in my life. I've heard about Pokerus and know that it does something positive, but I'm not even remotely aware of what exactly it does. I mix up IVs and EVs and am not quite sure what exactly they do (only know that they improve stats)
Natures I only know about because the game now points out the raised/lowered stats but what those little characteristics like "seems nervous" and what not mean, I'm completely oblivious about and never cared enough to find out or retain the information if I looked it up.

I'm also not sure what the "Mauda Method" or the other Shiny hunting methods are, mainly because I don't care for Shiny pokemon.

There are just different aspects about the game that appeal to different people.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I agree completely. I've been playing on and off since Blue, which was like the first video game I've ever owned in my life. I've heard about Pokerus and know that it does something positive, but I'm not even remotely aware of what exactly it does. I mix up IVs and EVs and am not quite sure what exactly they do (only know that they improve stats)
Natures I only know about because the game now points out the raised/lowered stats but what those little characteristics like "seems nervous" and what not mean, I'm completely oblivious about and never cared enough to find out or retain the information if I looked it up.

I'm also not sure what the "Mauda Method" or the other Shiny hunting methods are, mainly because I don't care for Shiny pokemon.

There are just different aspects about the game that appeal to different people.

Yeah, some information on a Pokémon's summary just looks like a bunch of flavour text. Like an "Oh, my Skitty is jolly and mischievous. That's cute" kinda thing. Natures are clearer to understand, now that the stats are colour coded and the rest is just kinda up for interpretation. At least IVs are much clearer now with the PC update you can get after you beat SuMo.

btw the characteristics ("alert to sounds" etc) are basically just a hint to tell you which of the Pokémon's stat has the highest IV. Kinda useless with the PC update.

So has everyone heard of the new rumour circling around? Apparently, if the Pokemon Stars rumours are true, then there might be 20+ new Pokemon in it. I'm honestly split on whether I should believe it.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Does anyone know why parting shot is banned online?

Apparently there's a glitch of some sort that can cause a crash. It's temporarily banned until that's resolved.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There are two others moves temporarily banned for the same reason. I forgot which ones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.