• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

Yeah, I agree. Better show less before release this time, so we can discover the rest ourselves. Although I don't mind about datamining, for the most part at least.

I disagree, but I think everybody knows that by now. I never had any suprises when it came to pokemon species, I don't see the appeal of "oooh let's see if this evolves into if I level it up to 50!" only to find out that no it doesn't evolve or evolves only when holding an item or when knowing that one move I neglected to teach it.

I want to know everything beforehand when it comes to what pokemon we get and hope that they will be revealed in some form, perferably just a few days before release. If it happens through a leak, I will of course be considerate and not discuss the leak on these forums so as not to spoil it for those people who want to "be surprised", because I don't mind other people having a different play style.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I disagree, but I think everybody knows that by now. I never had any suprises when it came to pokemon species, I don't see the appeal of "oooh let's see if this evolves into if I level it up to 50!" only to find out that no it doesn't evolve or evolves only when holding an item or when knowing that one move I neglected to teach it.

I want to know everything beforehand when it comes to what pokemon we get and hope that they will be revealed in some form, perferably just a few days before release. If it happens through a leak, I will of course be considerate and not discuss the leak on these forums so as not to spoil it for those people who want to "be surprised", because I don't mind other people having a different play style.

That is exactly the problem i have with it too. And that's not counting as5holish encounter rates like gen 3 bagon that's only in 1 room inside meteor falls (the pokedex can't specify that), gen 3 and 4 feebas (again, pokedex can't specify) or the honey tree ones, the worst of all being munchlax. screw trying to find gen 4 munchlax.

But overall i still rather have a lot of surprises. i always knew all the species until gen 5, when the releases were japan first. I wouldn't mind seeing a datamine of all the names of the pokemon and their types but keeping the models a surprise. i was really happy when i got barbaracle just by leveling binacle up and then after fighting wulfric's avalugg. But that's what serebii is for ;). After going through the game i'll check serebii and see what i missed.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I still think Synchro Evolution is going to be the next new mechanic, and I think Pokemon-amie is going to be the key to it, and no this is not a joke.
I agree. Some of the Pokemon Amie boosts have texts like "Trainer and Pokemon are breathing in sync", which makes sense for Synchro.

I hope it isn't, I already dislike Amie enough as it is because it just doesn't let you turn off the game-breaking buffs.

Snickerdoodle

I'm expecting more blurry photos of the boxes, but hoping for box legends and starters (even if they're just silhouettes).

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I still think Synchro Evolution is going to be the next new mechanic, and I think Pokemon-amie is going to be the key to it, and no this is not a joke.

I still don't see any evidence of Synchro Evolution being a new game mechanic. Aside from the "Burst" gems seen on the Japanese logos, which could be linked to the legendary pokemon, or something completely different. There is no hint or reasoning behind Synchro-Evolution becoming a battle mechanic beyond the anime. Mega Evolution has been the recently introduced new concept that has been shown to have been used by multiple trainers. At this point 'Synchro-Evolution' just stands to be a unique anime-exclusive form solely kept for Ash's Greninja. At the very most I see the Ash-Greninja being a unique-form event Pokemon in Generation 7, with no difference in stats

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I still don't see any evidence of Synchro Evolution being a new game mechanic. Aside from the "Burst" gems seen on the Japanese logos, which could be linked to the legendary pokemon, or something completely different. There is no hint or reasoning behind Synchro-Evolution becoming a battle mechanic beyond the anime. Mega Evolution has been the recently introduced new concept that has been shown to have been used by multiple trainers. At this point 'Synchro-Evolution' just stands to be a unique anime-exclusive form solely kept for Ash's Greninja. At the very most I see the Ash-Greninja being a unique-form event Pokemon in Generation 7, with no difference in stats
As said before, if Ash-Greninja is anime exclusive, it has no reason to exist. The anime is pretty much just an advertisement for the games, so it wouldn't make sense to be anime exclusive. Not to mention, it's already appeared in Picross and Shuffle.

Wouldn't be surprised if they kept the form Greninja exclusive, though.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ash-Greninja is probably going to just be a new form. I don't see them adding in an entirely new form-changing mechanic right after introducing Mega Evolution. It's just a bad idea and would only overwhelm us players with new form changes around every corner.

knightwolf09

Ash-Greninja is probably going to just be a new form. I don't see them adding in an entirely new form-changing mechanic right after introducing Mega Evolution. It's just a bad idea and would only overwhelm us players with new form changes around every corner.

Primal Reversion

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'd rather get a Mega Evolution for Greninja and the rest of the starters.

Besides, if assuming Greninja gets this Synchro-thingy, that would mean it won't get a Mega. Same with Delphox and Chesnaught.

DotKU

Champion
Although I knew we were in for some info this month, I didn't think they would announce a date like this. My feeling is that we will see what ever is covered in CoroCoro, and the trailer will be similar to the XY reveal trailer.

Time to get back on the hype train!!!!!

Tuoko

I'd rather get a Mega Evolution for Greninja and the rest of the starters.

Besides, if assuming Greninja gets this Synchro-thingy, that would mean it won't get a Mega. Same with Delphox and Chesnaught.

Eh, even so, they'd still be Mega Evolutions in spirit just like the Primals.

But there's always the possibility of Ash-Greninja actually being Mega Greninja. The anime (Mewtwo, Diancie, Lati@s, and Rayquaza) and games (Rayquaza) have broken rules already, so it wouldn't be that farfetched if Greninja, Delphox, and Chesnaught's Mega Evolutions worked differently.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
If Synchro-evolution is in the game then Chesnaught and Delphox should get one too. However, it seems to put a strain on a trainer in the anime so I don't know if it can work in the games.

knightwolf09

Eh, even so, they'd still be Mega Evolutions in spirit just like the Primals.

But there's always the possibility of Ash-Greninja actually being Mega Greninja. The anime (Mewtwo, Diancie, Lati@s, and Rayquaza) and games (Rayquaza) have broken rules already, so it wouldn't be that farfetched if Greninja, Delphox, and Chesnaught's Mega Evolutions worked differently.

But most of those were for movies, non-canon plot purposes, and the meteor in Rayquaza's body acts as it's mega stone not to mention it did it when it was near that gigantic keystone thing.

If Synchro-evolution is in the game then Chesnaught and Delphox should get one too. However, it seems to put a strain on a trainer in the anime so I don't know if it can work in the games.

I mentioned this theory a lot of times. If the player exceeds the maximum amount of turns it's in battle, both pokemon and trainer will white out, making it an instant loss. That's how I imagine it would work.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

But overall i still rather have a lot of surprises. i always knew all the species until gen 5, when the releases were japan first. I wouldn't mind seeing a datamine of all the names of the pokemon and their types but keeping the models a surprise. i was really happy when i got barbaracle just by leveling binacle up and then after fighting wulfric's avalugg. But that's what serebii is for ;). After going through the game i'll check serebii and see what i missed.

But see, that's not even realistic from a role-playing perspective for me. again, for me, personally. If I was a person in the Pokemon World I'd be just as knowledgable about the kinds of pokemon living in my region as I am in real life when it comes to the animals living in my surroundings. So I'd know about Barbanacle, because I would have read about it in a book when I was a little kid and I'd know about Munchlax and Florges and probably about most of the legends as well.

So really going in blind would actually hurt my immersion in the game, because that's simply not how I, personally work, I never go into anything completely blind. I always prepare and research.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Can I hibernate until the 10th? I hope that we get to see the boxes at the very least.

Seeing as they teased the boxes in the last Corocoro I'd say we're almost 100% guaranteed the box art..

Status
Not open for further replies.