• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Marshadow already?! Da heck?!

What will the other movies be about, then?

I think Necrozma is a pretty good candidate for a movie, especially if they introduce new forms for it; they love to use the anime, movies or main, to advertise new stuff. Of course, they could go the Zygarde route and do it in the main anime, but I think Solgaleo/Lunala and the Ultra Beasts are more likely for that.

I was pretty surprised at the Marshadow reveal as well, as it's the only other event Pokémon besides Magearna. I'm very curious now as to how the rest of gen 7 will be handled. Will it be one of the shortest generations yet or does it have more surprises for us? Personally hope it's the latter.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You absolutely were sure it wouldn't be revealed this year? It's the only other Pokemon datamined from the games. It wasn't going to be kept in secret this long.

Unlike Hoopa, Volcanion, and the Hoenn remakes.

The assumption was that Ash's Pikachu would be this year's stand-in for an event-exclusive Legendary Pokemon, meaning we had two years of event giveaways for movies. Now we seemingly only have one.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Well, the Marshadow reveal this early has really caught me off-guard (like a lot of people). And, to make matters even more weird, there are no Mythicals left. I guess this means either Sun/Moon are the only games for Gen 7 and Gen 7 as a whole lasts only two years (lol), or the next games are either Kanto sequels/DP remakes for the 3DS. This reveal is so weird on many levels.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Well, the Marshadow reveal this early has really caught me off-guard (like a lot of people). And, to make matters even more weird, there are no Mythicals left. I guess this means either Sun/Moon are the only games for Gen 7 and Gen 7 as a whole lasts only two years (lol), or the next games are either Kanto sequels/DP remakes for the 3DS. This reveal is so weird on many levels.

If there was a legend that would have been involved with the plot, I'd of guessed Necrozma. It would be an interesting dynamic to see (Ho-Oh, the rainbow Pokemon, and Necrozma, the Pokemon that refracts light). Unless they pull a Hoopa-Unbound with us here, you may be right on the two-year time span.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
If there was a legend that would have been involved with the plot, I'd of guessed Necrozma. It would be an interesting dynamic to see (Ho-Oh, the rainbow Pokemon, and Necrozma, the Pokemon that refracts light). Unless they pull a Hoopa-Unbound with us here, you may be right on the two-year time span.

If we don't get a Necrozma game, then I pray for DP remakes, there are just too many signs pointing to them.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
You absolutely were sure it wouldn't be revealed this year? It's the only other Pokemon datamined from the games. It wasn't going to be kept in secret this long.

Unlike Hoopa, Volcanion, and the Hoenn remakes.
Like Bguy7 said, I expected Ash's Pikachu to be the distribution this year, while Marshadow would be saved for next year.

I'm curious as to how they'll all be distributed...

Rio!

Composer
Honestly I wouldn't mind a third version or sequel to Sun Moon with Necrozma as its mascotte, especially after what emerged from the Alola Region Collector’s Edition Pokedex:

View attachment 16626

As you can guess, Necrozma's body parts seem to have been put together in a disorderly manner, meaning that this might not be its true form.
Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's interesting to see that Gamefreak may have indeed planned something for this mysterious Pokèmon. :D

As exciting as this would be, that still leaves plenty of room for me to be still be salty about the lack of Zygarde attention in Sun/Moon, lol.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I, too, am actually surprised that Marshadow is already taking part in the upcoming movie.
Since it's a retelling of Ash's journey, I never expected any Gen 7 Pokemon in there.

But with Magearna already featured in the Volcanion movie, Necrozma is the best guess for the next one. Or just Ultra Beasts in general.
Who knows.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I, too, am actually surprised that Marshadow is already taking part in the upcoming movie.
Since it's a retelling of Ash's journey, I never expected any Gen 7 Pokemon in there.

But with Magearna already featured in the Volcanion movie, Necrozma is the best guess for the next one. Or just Ultra Beasts in general.
Who knows.

Doubtful. New movies have consistently featured new event Pokemon as far back as 4th gen, while we could see Necrozma in the next movie it probably won't be the star of the movie.

What this likely means is that next year is 8th gen. Wouldn't be surprising for 7th gen to be this short considering the hardware situation.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I hope that Marshadow has a plot involvement in the future games

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Well, so far we've met the main goal for the current global mission 60 times over mathematically. :/
I'm glad I found the time to hatch 3 eggs in the morning despite my contribute being worthless. All for a Rare Candy. :/

I can't believe it took less than 5 mins to hatch eggs with a Flame Body Pokemon! Has this been discovered in this gen or in previous games?

Last edited:

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I'm glad I found the time to hatch 3 eggs in the morning despite my contribute being worthless. All for a Rare Candy. :/

I can't believe it took less than 5 mins to hatch eggs with a Flame Body Pokemon! Has this been discovered in this gen or in previous games?

Flame Body/Magma Armor boosting hatching has been around since Emerald I believe.....

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Flame Body/Magma Armor boosting hatching has been around since Emerald I believe.....
Wow, I've been playing these games since the beginning and I just discovered this technique recently.

I found egg hatching much easier now. xD

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Wow, I've been playing these games since the beginning and I just discovered this technique recently.

I found egg hatching much easier now. xD

its even faster with O powers back in gen6 too. i do miss the o powers in gen7, it would make for some extra perks to stats and tasks.

Aetius

I don't think that's the takeaway from the image you posted. It's a model sheet - the artist who designed Necrozma produces it for the 3D animators, complete with breakdowns that have certain parts cut away, so they know what the creature looks like from every angle. It's especially important for a "thorny" design like Necrozma, where something like a shoulder spike might otherwise prevent them from getting a clear view of the side of the head, if not for the cutaways.

You'll notice the text at the bottom has notes like "all three horns are the same shape," and "how the toes connect" and so on. These are close-ups and descriptions of the smaller details the 3D animators need when creating the creature's in-game model. It has nothing to do with Necrozma being "put together," at least not in the fictional sense. Rather, it's literally a sheet detailing for the 3D artists how the model and its various parts should look and "fit" together as they create it.

That's true, but isn't weird that its tail it's on its head? XD
Jokes aside thank you very much for the clarification.
At this point we'll just have to wait and see. :D

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Doubtful. New movies have consistently featured new event Pokemon as far back as 4th gen, while we could see Necrozma in the next movie it probably won't be the star of the movie.

What this likely means is that next year is 8th gen. Wouldn't be surprising for 7th gen to be this short considering the hardware situation.

I seriously doubt that Gen 8 is next year.

Just last month, Game Freak posted job listings for staff to work on a new console project for a "globally popular RPG".
"It’s a title that just about anyone knows, a proposal that could be your future career."

Obviously they are still on the early stages of Gen 8, which is most probably the Switch entry. And probably won't be done until 2019 or 2020.

While one can argue that the console entry could be Gen 9, I seriously doubt they would cut this gen very short.

Sources:
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/2...orizon-game-freak-recruiting-console-project/
Game Freak's Job Postings -- https://jp.indeed.com/仕事?jk=9968e0a456d331fb | https://jp.indeed.com/仕事?jk=e2dc48de6cab35cd

c1234

Trainer Since '98

Just last month, Game Freak posted job listings for staff to work on a new console project for a "globally popular RPG".
"It’s a title that just about anyone knows, a proposal that could be your future career."

Obviously they are still on the early stages of Gen 8, which is most probably the Switch entry. And probably won't be done until 2019 or 2020.

While one can argue that the console entry could be Gen 9, I seriously doubt they would cut this gen very short.

Sources:
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/2...orizon-game-freak-recruiting-console-project/
Game Freak's Job Postings -- https://jp.indeed.com/仕事?jk=9968e0a456d331fb | https://jp.indeed.com/仕事?jk=e2dc48de6cab35cd

If they are still seeking people to work on the project, it would make sense that the Switch game is rather far off. Time for us to enjoy Gen 7/3DS some more!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Sources:

This gen was doomed to be short the moment it came out since it's another 5th gen situation, a generation started on dying hardware caught in an awkward transition. There's no way they're just starting on 8th gen when they've known about the Switch for a good year or two, and considering how upset Nintendo was with Game Freak taking 2 years to get on the 3DS there's no way in hell Nintendo would let Game Freak get away with releasing 8th gen that late.

As for the job listings, it's very common for developers transitioning to HD to underestimate the amount of manpower and resources it takes to create an HD game, so that's probably what that is for. I could see a delay into 2019 happening, but considering the event Pokemon situation it's very likely they intended for Gen 8 to be a 2018 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.