• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Um, I don't think so. FC are all about buying merchandise to then sell at the Pokemart to get money for clothes as well as for dying those white items to make your wardrobe even more awesome. ;)

I already have all the clothes you can buy in Sun, so I don't really know what to do with my pokémoneys anymore, all I use it for now is buying Poké Balls. At least I still have good uses for FC, spending it at the bouncy houses and Rare Kitchen.

Btw we already passed the second goal, we're well over 6 million beans now on day 2.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I already have all the clothes you can buy in Sun, so I don't really know what to do with my pokémoneys anymore, all I use it for now is buying Poké Balls. At least I still have good uses for FC, spending it at the bouncy houses and Rare Kitchen.

Btw we already passed the second goal, we're well over 6 million beans now on day 2.

Cool. Now your next goal is to try and get all the Moon exclusives using the good ol' "You're outfit looks great" trick. And getting those do require lots of FC. :D

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Cool. Now your next goal is to try and get all the Moon exclusives using the good ol' "You're outfit looks great" trick. And getting those do require lots of FC. :D

I still have a stock of something like 17,000+ FC, I think I'll be fine for now on that. I really wonder where you're spending all your FC on, I'm at Plaza Rank 254 I think and I still have this much left over.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Dang, we've already surpassed the secondary goal by over 10 million and it's barely started! I'm really hoping that they amp up the difficulty for the next one, because this is just too easy.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a quick question here, i just got Black 2 today from a flea market. i havent yet started up the game but it should work just fine. another stall at the flea market they had a pkmn crystal cartridge for $70, presumably the small battery is good/new but is $70 still a bit on the high side to pay? i do know that gold/silver and crystal all suffered from the same battery issues so thats also a mild issue for me as i cant really bother to change my silver battery. i didnt get the game yet but im contemplating it as i always wanted to get that version. ive yet to locate my GB color charger but i honestly dont know if i'll spend the time on my GB color now that i just need to maintain my Sun and start the black 2 game.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
i got a quick question here, i just got Black 2 today from a flea market. i havent yet started up the game but it should work just fine. another stall at the flea market they had a pkmn crystal cartridge for $70, presumably the small battery is good/new but is $70 still a bit on the high side to pay? i do know that gold/silver and crystal all suffered from the same battery issues so thats also a mild issue for me as i cant really bother to change my silver battery. i didnt get the game yet but im contemplating it as i always wanted to get that version. ive yet to locate my GB color charger but i honestly dont know if i'll spend the time on my GB color now that i just need to maintain my Sun and start the black 2 game.

It's out of production, that's why people charge ridiculously high prices.

In SM news, I won three games for the Mega Stones. Hariyama and Porygon TR duo, Vikavolt and Garchomp duo and Muk for Tapus, Araquanid with the Z-move.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

In SM news, I won three games for the Mega Stones. Hariyama and Porygon TR duo, Vikavolt and Garchomp duo and Muk for Tapus, Araquanid with the Z-move.

thats true, so $70 is on the high side, thankfully i only paid $30 for black 2 VS the $45 from another stall. its pretty much either over priced or equal to a current new game price. i guess i'll just pass on crystal then. the nostalgia/desire isnt worth the price or my spare time, plus i find any screen smaller than the 3DS XL too small at this point.

in SM, im honestly surprised how some on my pkmn choices have served well in the battles. i put a 4 SPA moves Froslass in the battles long ago and it still does very well given the right circumstances. i KO'd 2 gyarados so far in this competition. i'll probably use mega sceptile in a few battles after i breed a good 5IV (or HP variety) one in sun. i didnt use any new megas introduced back in ORAS and rarely battled there so it should be interesting.

Orphalesion

They really should figure out a way to future prof these games better It's annoying if you want to get into a handheld series that has been going on over multiple incarnations and want to backtrack the past titles. Remakes are nice, but they aren't exactly the original game now, are they?

Maybe one day we'll be able to get all Pokemon titles on Virtuale Console, that'd be cool.

BCVM22

It's annoying if you want to get into a handheld series that has been going on over multiple incarnations and want to backtrack the past titles

And their response to you if you want to backtrack would be "the previous generation of games is still readily available both physically and digitally for the time being." You can't really expect them to still be producing Game Boy Color games from nearly two decades and several generations of hardware/software ago, can you?

They really should figure out a way to future prof these games better

And to that end, these games stay in production and on store shelves for years after release. X/Y are nearly four years old and they're still available new. And with modern technology, games are available digitally for longer still, taking away the need to find a store still selling new copies. What would you have them do differently here and now?

Remakes are nice, but they aren't exactly the original game now, are they?

But they can charge you a lot more and move a lot more hardware with remakes.

It's annoying if you want to get into a handheld series that has been going on over multiple incarnations and want to backtrack the past titles.

Ultimately this is a complaint that it's hard to find copies of video games as they get older and defunct and go out of production, particularly when they're as old as a game like Crystal. That will be the case for as long as games are still published on physical media and it's not exclusive to Pokémon.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
if you have noticed Nintendo just announced New 2DS XL... which kinda suggests that 3DS is STILL going strong. It is weaker BUT 3DS market is still on for at least 2017/18... so Generation 7 will stay on 3DS or at least made to run best on new 3DS/2DS hardware ( new 3DS/2DS hardware is bit different from vanilia 3DS hardware. ) so whatever next pokemon game is it will most likely be on 3DS format.
Generation 8 will probably on Switch but for this generation at least will be on new 3DS hardware. So no jumping devices within generation

Orphalesion

Ultimately this is a complaint that it's hard to find copies of video games as they get older and defunct and go out of production, particularly when they're as old as a game like Crystal. That will be the case for as long as games are still published on physical media and it's not exclusive to Pokémon.

I am aware of that but I feel it is more a problem with console/handheld games than it is with PC games. You can easily find 20, 25 or even 30 year old games on places like Steam or GoG, older ones might even be available legally for free as Abandonware, the worst roblem you might run to is that you have to use an MS DOS emulator if you want to play something from the early history of gaming.
I don't play very many console/handheld games and many older ones I enjoyed from my childhood have since found their way to steam, so I can play them again. I can't exactly picture Pokemon or Legends of Zelda ever coming to Steam, so I was expressing a hope that they find a way to make them legally and readily available in the future (such as on the virtual console or a future incarnation of the concept). Pokemon, I think, is the most affected because GF's commitment to keep the main series on handhelds.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
has anyone else seem how pointless repels are once you get access to all areas to pokeride to? i had used the repels alt the way up to the post game content and havent really used any repels unless i was heading off to seaward cave.

I hardly use Repels in Sun and Moon myself, although that's mostly due to me actually wanting to encounter Pokemon since I'm working on filling my Dex in both games hee hee. Dex completion is the only post-game activity that I enjoy in these games. ^^;

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It really sucks competitions only last three days total. I once again missed my chance to get those stones and now I'll have to wait till June for them to give them out.

Say what you will, but sometimes I think these versions are a bit too limited in some strange areas.

BCVM22

Three days is plenty. It is unfortunate that circumstances took you away from your 3DS and Wi-Fi for those exact three days the competition was running, which is why it is equally fortunate that they're giving out the competition Mega Stones via several-month-long, no strings attached passcodes a month or so later.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Three days is plenty. It is unfortunate that circumstances took you away from your 3DS and Wi-Fi for those exact three days the competition was running, which is why it is equally fortunate that they're giving out the competition Mega Stones via several-month-long, no strings attached passcodes a month or so later.

Oh, let me blow off some steam even if I did have unfortunate circumstances.

Seriously, that GL thing makes things a little more complicated, and I'm used to Splatoon telling me in-game about new events coming up. (Too bad the developers are different from each other.)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Oh, let me blow off some steam even if I did have unfortunate circumstances.

Seriously, that GL thing makes things a little more complicated, and I'm used to Splatoon telling me in-game about new events coming up. (Too bad the developers are different from each other.)

That's actually really true. They make the Global Missions announce themselves in-game once you connect to the internet on Plaza and you can also register for them in-game, why can't they do the same with the competitions? Why can't you just register from the game through Plaza, why does that have to go through a website that's slow as a snail and is off-line for maintenance more often than it should?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
They just couldn't give a Lycanroc away that had Dynamic Punch, could they. I understand not wanting to make carbon copies of Machamp and Golurk, but Fire Fang?! It's not even Fire Punch!

Really wish Game Freak would have split this evolution sonehow, or just made two seperate lines. The thing's totally a mess and I dig EdgeLordRoc over rehular Lycanroc. /smh

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They just couldn't give a Lycanroc away that had Dynamic Punch, could they. I understand not wanting to make carbon copies of Machamp and Golurk, but Fire Fang?! It's not even Fire Punch!

Really wish Game Freak would have split this evolution sonehow, or just made two seperate lines. The thing's totally a mess and I dig EdgeLordRoc over rehular Lycanroc. /smh

I honest to god believe midnight got sabotaged for the sake of favoritism. This thing can't even do its intended role.

Pure Rock is an awful defensive typing lol what were they thinking? And it's not even like Midday is at all good, that tells you something.

Status
Not open for further replies.