• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Suddenly the English name for the third set "Burning Shadows", makes sense with Marshadow being confirmed for the set. In regards to Japan, not surprised since the movie Pokémon is usually in the card set before their movie comes out.

I also looked on Serebii's Twitter and they have a page featuring Necrozma. Don't have a clue about it since I can't read Japanese, but it seems to mention the Ultra Beasts and the fact Sableye is a good strategy to catch it (I used this strategy myself in both versions). But why wait until now to tell people how to catch it when the game was released 6 months ago? Are they hinting something?

Maybe? Who knows....

We have hints to both a third version/sequel to Sun and Moon AND DP remakes. I think they're trying to confuse us lol

Besides, I don't see Pokémon on Switch so soon. We just started a generation on 3DS. The best they can do is make the rest of Gen VII's games New 3DS-exclusive. (Sun and Moon don't use the extra power New 3DS possesses after all) And there's also the chance for a 3DS successor since Kimishima has said he actually considers making one. Too many options.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Best guess would be to let SM sell as many copies as possible before the new game arrives.

You could say that about any Pokémon game though. What's different this time?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We have hints to both a third version/sequel to Sun and Moon AND DP remakes. I think they're trying to confuse us lol

Besides, I don't see Pokémon on Switch so soon. We just started a generation on 3DS. The best they can do is make the rest of Gen VII's games New 3DS-exclusive. (Sun and Moon don't use the extra power New 3DS possesses after all) And there's also the chance for a 3DS successor since Kimishima has said he actually considers making one. Too many options.

If all those Z-version hints were any indication, they may go the same route and import the Alola-made hints to the other regions. Ha ha.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Sigh.

Seems reasonably clear to me at this point in time that we're waiting another 12 months or so for a new game. Arceusdarnit. This generation was so fun and awesome for about the first four months but now it's almost nothing short of boring...

Edit: Sorry, had to let that out. And lol AuraChannelerChris. XD

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Sigh.

Seems reasonably clear to me at this point in time that we're waiting another 12 months or so for a new game. Arceusdarnit. This generation was so fun and awesome for about the first four months but now it's almost nothing short of boring...

Edit: Sorry, had to let that out. And lol AuraChannelerChris. XD

Well, at least we got a cute little Legendary out of them. And its name is Nebb-I mean-Cosmog!

If nothing is announced before E3, then we can call it a year off. Who knows, they may announce it late May/early June. Don't lose hope until it's all over completely.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Welp, version 1.2 is available now for Sun and Moon. Hopefully this patch fixes some of the things wrong with Festival Plaza and the communication features.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Welp, version 1.2 is available now for Sun and Moon. Hopefully this patch fixes some of the things wrong with Festival Plaza and the communication features.
Unfortunately the patch nukes the Poke Pelago exploit amongst fixing a few other glitches. You also need the patch to be able to go online.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Amazing how I just don't care for the patch at the moment. I'll download it when I have more data on my phone.

I'm really hoping the next game is on the Switch. I've played Zelda: BOTW and Mario Kart way too much and have been spoiled. When I try to play on my 3DS, I find the games sooooo slow.

It's not slow par se, but less responsive than the Switch (obviously) and it makes me go 'come on, I got things to do'.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
What Poke Pelago exploit?
It involves a glitch when the in-game clock ticks over from the 31st of Jan to the 1st of Feb all activities in the Poke Pelago will be completed no matter their current progress. Think people have being taking advantage of said glitch by setting by Poke Pelago activities and saving, switching the 3DS clock to 23:59pm on 31st then going back to their game. If done correctly it allows people to quickly get through Poke Pelago activities since they tend to need a day to complete normally.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Don't really care about the Pelago glitch as I never used it but this update breaks any video you saved previously meaning you can't watch it anymore. Thanks a lot GF. Losing my victory battle against Blue as well as me winning Master Rank Royal without losing a Pokemon is really infuriating. Guess I'll record them with my phone before updating. This should not be happening.

Also signed up for the May competition. I'm getting really bored of Alola Dex-only, Doubles competitions. All the teams are the same. Tapus, Ultra Beasts, Garchomp, Arcanine, weather teams or TR teams. I don't think I've faced anyone that didn't have at least 2 of these. At least with the entire Dex to work with we'd at least get more variety and not Tapus every game. Will just be doing 3 battles and chucking it like last time.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
that really sucks with the saved battle vids. any of my old battle royal dome vids are U/S at this point but i still have the previous 2 comeptition's vids. i havent yet gotten the patch as far as i know but will all my current working battle vids go poof and be unplayable?

i cant say im bored of the alola only dex teams as cant care to battle too much in gen7 but i do agree its too restrictive. let us use pkmn from previous gens even if only 1 area ie Sinnoh, Johto, Unova etc. i cont mind having to breed out a gen7 duplicate of such pkmn if needed fot the competition but im waiting for them to let us use more pkmn. the Kanto/Alola was interesting but it didnt add any new/normal pkmn options that id like to use.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
that really sucks with the saved battle vids. any of my old battle royal dome vids are U/S at this point but i still have the previous 2 comeptition's vids. i havent yet gotten the patch as far as i know but will all my current working battle vids go poof and be unplayable?

Every video will become unplayable whether it be against AI or another player. It's a real shame and I don't even see why it happened. Hopefully it's temporary and they add this to their list of bugs they need to fix. I'm just glad I only have the 2 videos. And can probably save them in one video and transfer that to my laptop to save space on my phone.

What exactly is the Sky Drop glitch? I've never heard of it before today. How does it happen?

It happens when a Pokemon faints after using Sky Drop on a Pokemon that protects itself with Spiky Shield. The fainted Pokemon will remain on the field with no HP bar and it can't be switched or use moves basically making it useless.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSaxlad/status/835873024574427136

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Idk, Battle Spot is less restrictive and yet also repetitive. In Battle Spot Doubles I see plenty of Landorus-Therian, Garchomp, Tapu's (primarily Lele and Koko, haven't seen Bulu yet), Tyranitar + Excadrill, Mega Salamence, and Mega Charizard Y. It's a different set of pokémon, but still pretty same-y everywhere.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Is Battle Spot not just the Alola Dex?

I usually only play competitions that use the Alola Dex, I much prefer it over the National Dex. Helps that there are no Megas allowed too.

I prefer the actual cost of giving up an item to use a Z-move unlike a Mega Stone which is basically a free power boost for the rest of the battle (less damage from knock off, have better defensive stats than Assault Vest or better offensive stats than Life Orb without recoil).

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is Battle Spot not just the Alola Dex?

I usually only play competitions that use the Alola Dex, I much prefer it over the National Dex. Helps that there are no Megas allowed too.

I prefer the actual cost of giving up an item to use a Z-move unlike a Mega Stone which is basically a free power boost for the rest of the battle (less damage from knock off, have better defensive stats than Assault Vest or better offensive stats than Life Orb without recoil).

No, regular Battle Spot allows everything except event-only pokémon and powerful legendaries like Kyogre, and has a ban on duplicate items or pokémon. I think you can also go for different rulesets, but the regular Battle Spot is pretty open to everything that isn't 'combining Kyogre with Entrainment Araquanid'-levels of OP. But yeah, I really like Z-moves, especially in the shorter battles they can be pretty devastating. I've been running Hydreigon with Draco Meteor and Dragonium Z and a combination of a Z-move followed by Draco Meteor is utterly devastating to most foes.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I prefer Salamence for that role, slightly faster and also has Intimidate to help out (mainly play doubles). In singles I think Hydreigon would be better though.

Flan

loves birbs.
I'm not sure how to feel because I really enjoy playing the VGC 2017 rules, since it removes the annoying threat of Landorus-T, Mega Kangaskhan, Cresselia, etc. The metagame will be stale either way, I feel, so I think for anyone who'd been playing competitively before, it was also a bit boring.

I at least appreciate the effort to keep it to just the Alola Dex. I like that it makes Pokemon like Araquanid more viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.