• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

We don't know any more than you do. But the 2017 International Challenge ended about two months ago and the code for its Mega Stones was just released yesterday.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
We don't know any more than you do. But the 2017 International Challenge ended about two months ago and the code for its Mega Stones was just released yesterday.

is there any particular place id have to look to find the universal mega stone code to get a duplicate? (atleast when it does come out).

i do want to have duplicates of a few stones if possible. ive heard others here have already gotten the general codes for the previous megas but as far as i know they never left a note on PGL when the general code came out.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
is there any particular place id have to look to find the universal mega stone code to get a duplicate? (atleast when it does come out).

i do want to have duplicates of a few stones if possible. ive heard others here have already gotten the general codes for the previous megas but as far as i know they never left a note on PGL when the general code came out.

The main site usually has the any of the universal Mystery Gift codes as soon as they come out. If the code isn't on the main page then go to the Event Database section and look up 2017 from the year drop box.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The main site usually has the any of the universal Mystery Gift codes as soon as they come out. If the code isn't on the main page then go to the Event Database section and look up 2017 from the year drop box.

im having trouble locating that particular page on the PGL site. i did see distribution regulations trying to find the previously released duplicate stones from older tourneys. if i can find the general gift code for the others then i'll know where to see for the updates.

LOL i just found the part of the PGL site that lists the possible pkmn ellegible for the tourneys. i noticed that Froslass was on it too....... i did look at her when i was planning the team and didnt count the 5th weakness so i chose Weavile instead. i already have a Froslass bred out for previous tourneys but the moveset on the Weavile is more suited to doubles at this point.

what are the odds shedinja would be used in the tourney? i know it would be a good sponge for taking neutral attacks but a damage berry is pretty much useless on it. i have several options to do super damage to it and even a move tutor. i believe gastro acid is likely able to give it many weak spots if i suppress wonderskin, though im gonna try that test out now.

Edit: gastro acid did remove wonderskin making for an easy 1HKO on shedinja :)

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
One thousand. ONE THOUSAND. That is the target for the new Lottery-based Global mission. Are they serious right now?! XD Considering it accounts for Festival Plaza lotteries too, I would guess that those lotteries only score points for top prizes won.

I'll tell you right now, if I had access to a VIP who had available a Gold Rush 2-star, no joke, I could take on nearly half that target all...by...my...self. Gold rush 2-star and up always pay top prize for the first roll, so I could just pay 200 festival coins and repeatedly replace Gold rush 2 in my Plaza. I have about 76,000 FC on hand, so I could do this almost 400 times, meaning I alone could contribute roughly 40 percent to the goal. How insane is that. (btw not trying to boast or anything; I'm just stating how hilarious this whole scene is).

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
Anyone knows why there is no Deoxys on SM's GTS?
Is the one from ORAS untradable or some other reason?

Satoshi & Touko

Okay, so I won a PP up at the Loto ID center and at Festival Plaza, won a Prize No 2 and Prize No 7 on a Gold Rush and Big Dreams respectively and none of those counted towards the global mission goal, so it looks like this is strictly top prize winnings only all around.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
One thousand. ONE THOUSAND. That is the target for the new Lottery-based Global mission. Are they serious right now?! XD Considering it accounts for Festival Plaza lotteries too, I would guess that those lotteries only score points for top prizes won.

I'll tell you right now, if I had access to a VIP who had available a Gold Rush 2-star, no joke, I could take on nearly half that target all...by...my...self. Gold rush 2-star and up always pay top prize for the first roll, so I could just pay 200 festival coins and repeatedly replace Gold rush 2 in my Plaza. I have about 76,000 FC on hand, so I could do this almost 400 times, meaning I alone could contribute roughly 40 percent to the goal. How insane is that. (btw not trying to boast or anything; I'm just stating how hilarious this whole scene is).

does that mean we'd need to get the top prize to register one point to contribute here?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
1,000.... that's kinda harsh for something luck based.
I seriously doubt we'll get the Fast Ball.
I have one of each lotto in my Festival Plaza, but Gold Rush is only 3 stars. Maybe now I'll start talking to random guests again in hopes of finding a better one.
My Big Nugget one, I win that a LOT so I might actually score 1 point.... eventually

Dr. Eeviil

I've got 4 5-star lottery facilities in my plaza. I'll rearrange the plaza to put one of those first.

Looks like it's already up to 489, so we'll probably make this one.

Sweet! Gold Bottle Cap!

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
And Fast Ball is done for. After this, I suspect the next group will be event and Pokéblock berries.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So 'winning' is actually the no. 1 prize? UGH!
I got the number 2 prize on two of my stuff and none of that counted.

Satoshi & Touko

does that mean we'd need to get the top prize to register one point to contribute here?

That is correct.

And on that subject, a reminder that Gold Rush 2-star or higher ALWAYS gives no. 1 prize on first roll, so an easy way to contribute a few points to the goal is to have someone on your VIP list who offers that facility. Get the facility from them, do your roll, then speak to the VIP, order it again (replacing the one in place already to save FC), and rinse and repeat until you're content.

I have the facility mentioned above if anyone wants it.

Edit: My contributions to the Global Mission seems to have frozen and can't go further. My contribution so far should be 12 but it's stuck at 9.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
That is correct.

And on that subject, a reminder that Gold Rush 2-star or higher ALWAYS gives no. 1 prize on first roll, so an easy way to contribute a few points to the goal is to have someone on your VIP list who offers that facility. Get the facility from them, do your roll, then speak to the VIP, order it again (replacing the one in place already to save FC), and rinse and repeat until you're content.

I have the facility mentioned above if anyone wants it.

Edit: My contributions to the Global Mission seems to have frozen and can't go further. My contribution so far should be 12 but it's stuck at 9.

well there goes my chances of getting the requirements by myself. very good luck to me is 4th prize in any fortune tent.

edit: i checked around the guests and found 3 lotteries and a 4* gold rush did the trick, i also got good luck in lottery fortune but i didnt get 2 1st prizes...

Last edited:

RobbieLorenxo

Pokedex:553
I wish there were more Pokemon! More alolan forms, more Megas! But I do really like some of the new designs.

Does anyone find it weird that there's currently a Solrock/Lunatone distribution in Japan, when there's one NPC in Haina Desert that asks for one, and if you show it to him he disappears off into space? There must be something going on there.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Oh my the goal has been surpassed already! 2,065!

Users must have a lot of loto shops to try their luck. 0_o

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Finally got around to registering for the Weakness Tourney. Just going to use stuff I already bred as I only care about the Mega Stones. Seeing as we only have one more mega stone to get (Diancite), I wonder what they'll hand out as entry prizes next. Hoping for HA starters but I don't have my hopes up. At least I won't have to enter any more after this one unless the prizes are really good. I honestly can't be bothered with them anymore.

Will do the lotto later and see if I can win something. I have 4 lotto facilities in my Plaza for Bottlecap chances so maybe I'll get lucky. Doubt it though.

EDIT: Second lotto draw nets me the top prize of a Gold Bottle Cap. That was easy. Free Fast Ball, not complaining about that.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Does anyone find it weird that there's currently a Solrock/Lunatone distribution in Japan, when there's one NPC in Haina Desert that asks for one, and if you show it to him he disappears off into space? There must be something going on there.

I think it's a hint for some sort of event in USUM.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Status
Not open for further replies.